Lamkin Sonar Tour Wear?

Man, JB's experience is concerning but I'm glad it doesn't seem to be a widespread issue. I still have a couple I have yet to install but these are still high on my list right now.

How do the Sonar Tour and the regular Sonar (black and blue trip) compare?

I'm finding these grips pretty unusable which shocks me. I put 2 on wedges, but I cant wait to get new grips on then.

No matter how much I clean these they feel incredibly slick. With a glove on there is tack but my hands just want to slide off of these. The texture doesn't seem to do anything to keep my hands on the grip.

I know these were fairly popular, just wondering if like the wear issues if maybe there were just some bad batches or something.

I'm finding these grips pretty unusable which shocks me. I put 2 on wedges, but I cant wait to get new grips on then.

No matter how much I clean these they feel incredibly slick. With a glove on there is tack but my hands just want to slide off of these. The texture doesn't seem to do anything to keep my hands on the grip.

I know these were fairly popular, just wondering if like the wear issues if maybe there were just some bad batches or something.
Yeah, something is definitely off there, wonder what it is?

That's a good question. So many seem to not struggle with the wear, but I went through 3 sets of these assuming each set was just a bad one.

That's a good question. So many seem to not struggle with the wear, but I went through 3 sets of these assuming each set was just a bad one.

At first I thought it was just remnants of the mineral solvent on the grip but it's been weeks now and still slick.

I got some utx in bound that will replace them most likely, but still the oddest thing.

At first I thought it was just remnants of the mineral solvent on the grip but it's been weeks now and still slick.

I got some utx in bound that will replace them most likely, but still the oddest thing.

There is another grip that Lamkin ruined the durability on.
Gawd I loved the UTX. They were so good. Last few times they made them, felt different and didn't last.

There is another grip that Lamkin ruined the durability on.
Gawd I loved the UTX. They were so good. Last few times they made them, felt different and didn't last.

Yepp. I've had some hit or miss with the UTX, but we'll see how this batch lasts. If not I might head to z cord or TV cord.

I would guess there is a bad batch or they changed the formula of the compound. As I posted earlier in this thread, mine are proving to be super durable and I’ll normally wear out and replace any grip on my wedges every couple of months during the season. I hope it’s just a bad batch as I really love these grips.

I just regripped my irons and wedges with these. Ill keep an eye on the wear next few weeks.

I finally have a driver shaft with one of these installed but it's one i swap out. will put it in play tomorrow and start looking for odd / quick wear spots

I've had the Sonar "Wrap" on most of my irons since last summer and they've been fine for me.
Got at least 40 rounds on them and they're looking good.

Back