Search results for query: *

1. golfboyblues

Your Top 5 All-Time TV Shows

Ted Lasso Yellowstone 1883 Lonesome Dove The Wire Andy Griffith
  2. golfboyblues

What accessory(ies) have you lost on the course?

I worked in the cart barn at my home course for one year. Here are some things I found left in carts turned in: A complete set of clubs. (the guy did not come back for them until three weeks later) A long putter Cell phonestold th Speakers Wallets Car keys Wedding ring Unopened bottle of...
  3. golfboyblues

Senior Golfers…how do you identify?

I am 77 years old and still able to maintain a single digit handicap. When I started losing distance due to age, I decided to get better around the greens. I practice pitching, chipping and putting at least twice a week. Right now I am recovering from knee replacement surgery but hope to have...
  4. golfboyblues

How does your public courses handle slow play

My home course had rangers but stopped using them 2 years ago. They let individual players and two-somes go out on a regular basis. They do nothing to improve slow play problems.
  5. golfboyblues

Family Golf

The most enjoyable golf every year is playing with my son, daughter and son-in-law.
  6. golfboyblues

How many different golf balls do you have?

I play the Maxfli Tour X but I also have a dozen Titliest Tour Soft.
  7. golfboyblues

Does arthritis hurt your golf game?

I have arthritis in my fingers and it is difficult to grip the club properly. My grip will slip in the downswing almost coming completely off the club. Sometimes it will happen multiple times during a round, other times it will not happen for several rounds. I exercise my fingers every day to...
  8. golfboyblues

Knee Replacement

When I had my left knee replaced in 2011, the surgeon kept my natural knee cap in place. Six months later I was in more pain than before the replacement. The doctor retired right after my surgery. So, I had to have a "revision" done which is basically just another replacement. They got it...
  9. golfboyblues

What are your favorite casual golf shoes?

Sketcher's Step-ins. Weather permitting I play golf at least 5 days a week and these are the most comfortable shoes I've worn. So easy to get on and off.
  10. golfboyblues

How much are your yearly Golf Membership dues?

I am a member at a 27 hole municipal course that would rated as a high mid-tier if it was in Myrtle Beach. It is in Massillon, Ohio. It costs $2195.00 for a seven day membership that includes all golf, cart, range, and GHIN fees.
  11. golfboyblues

What would you do?

I would contact Facebook and tell them it is a stolen rangefinder. I would hope that FB has some kind of policy on those kind of things.
  12. golfboyblues

Fix Professional Golf

Speed up! Remove scoring lines from golf balls.
  13. golfboyblues

Your Top 5 Courses Played

1. Valhalla 2. Bald Head Island 3. Firestone North 4. Prestwick 5. Farmstead (gone)
  14. golfboyblues

Worth it to go to the driving range in the cold?

I would do it if I was working on something specific. The range I go to most often has three hitting bays inside the clubhouse with garage doors that open out to the range so you can hit balls inside to out. I can practice all year long.
  15. golfboyblues

Order of importance… (to you).

1. Fun playing partners. 2. Pace of play. 3. Weather.
  16. golfboyblues

Looking for feedback on a new golf business idea

The golf simulator business is popping up all around my area. There are at least five places within 15 miles where I can hit balls and get immediate feedback from the electronics involved. Some also serve food and alcohol. Also close by is a Top Golf.
  17. golfboyblues

Knee Replacement Golfers

My replacement was on January 9th. I am a side sleeper and put the pillow between my knee down to the ankle. It helped a lot. There is some difficulty when you switch sides, but it is better than no sleep at all. As I said in a previous post - the MOST important thing is to be faithful with...
  18. golfboyblues

2024 Round Count

One. Well, almost one. Had to leave course early to answer a distress call from my wife!
  19. golfboyblues

Has PXG Arrived?

PXG had a tour winner just two weeks ago. I have 5 PXG clubs in my bag and will fill out the rest next month. They are the only OEM that gives veterans and first responders a significant discount. They have arrived.
  20. golfboyblues

Ever just have that day?

We have all had those kind of days!
Back