Search results for query: *

1. Chasing72

At what handicap did you enter your first comp? If you haven't do you plan to?

I'm debating (with myself) signing up for a Singles knockout at the new league I signed up for. It's not for a lot of money I think top prize is $50 after five rounds, with slightly lower prizes for each previous round. It's low handicap scoring (does that make any difference?, I guess you're...
  2. Chasing72

Switching to a "quality" ball - When?

So I read a while back to stick with one ball for some sort of consistency, and with that I have a ton of Kirklands I got hold of and have been playing them. Last year I was still losing multiple balls per round so it was a no brainer at ~$1 per ball to not worry about it. This year I am six...
  3. Chasing72

THEORETICAL - Friendly Scramble Tournament - $10k HIO prize. You get it. Keep or split - If so how?

Purely hypothetical. I played a pub scramble on Thursday, had a $10k HIO prize. I was the only one of our foursome to hit the green and I wasn't even that close. But just curious. Would you split it and would it make a difference who you were with. Friends / Family? Etc? Me, I was with...
  4. Chasing72

Arccos Shot Filters for Course Use / Fitting / Practice etc

I am either imagining it or my searching is really bad. I recall there was maybe a blog post or something on the site but I cannot find it again for the life of me. There was an article on which settings on the shot filters to use if you were going for a fitting or if you were using for smart...
  5. Chasing72

Minimum Number Of Clubs For A Par 3 Course? (Scorecard Pictured)

So I was just wondering anecdotally, Arcos caddie says I should need about 4 clubs to play this course (excluding putter) (4i,9i PWi & GW). Now, I am a very average / high handicap golfer ~18/19. But I was just thinking. Surely, if I was skilled enough to play half / quarter shots etc) I should...
  6. Chasing72

High's and Lows. Good Score one week. Not so good next week

How do you deal with the ups and downs of your score? My example is gross scores of 88 on a course last week (that has hosted a PGA) vs, "normal" course this week where I scored 104! As a temper to that I've been shooting around 90 ish as a 20 hdcp so been happy but I am just curious how...
  7. Chasing72

Going out as a Single? Do you do it ? Any Tips?

I'm sat here pondering doing it for the first time this weekend. But I'm quite honestly a bit shy and nervous about rocking up and inserting myself into what is most likely a threesome. How do you do it? Are you a confident person in the first place? Do you just not care? All I want to do is...
  8. Chasing72

Limited Flight Balls for Practice - Recommendations Please

Basically as per title. I'm looking to get some recommendations for limited flight balls I can use in the school field behind me (hitting off a small mat so I don't kill the field). I've seen Birdieballs, wondering if they would be okay. I'm basically looking to be able to work on stuff like...
  9. Chasing72

Triumph Ultima 1 Iron "Driving Machine" - Anyone have Info?

I saw this in the 2nd hand sports store the other day, it's $18 CDN and just wondering if anyone knows anything about it. My google fu is weak on this one it can't decide if I am searching for BMW Car or a Triumph motorbike!. For the price I may just go back and get it for a tryout. (if it's...
  10. Chasing72

Arccos Caddie - Mispelt on the box?

I've had these for almost a year now (they seem to work just fine). I was tidying up yesterday, found the box and noticed the "S" is missing? Does anyone else have a box like this? It does seem to just be a misprint but I just found it weird how I have only just noticed. EDIT: Forgot to say...
  11. Chasing72

Arccos & Wear OS - Functionality Question

Hi everyone, I'm trying to find people who are using the system / app on their wear OS watch during a round and what actual information it gives you (or not) on the watch. Particularly interested in whether or not if has the "smart caddie / club rec" on the watch screen or if you still would...
  12. Chasing72

Clicgear 4 Straps too short for C130 Cart Bag?

Hi Everyone wondering if anyone has encountered this issue and what they did about it. I've searched on the Clicgear site to see if they do longer straps but can't see any at all for the model 4. I recently got a C130 cart bag and the top strap is quite short when using this bag. It reaches...
  13. Chasing72

Codechaos or Tour 360 shoes or other Adidas?

I have up to $300 CDN give or take a few $$ to spend on the Adidas site and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to which of these (or another style) I should go for. I like the look of the Codechaos but have not had a chance to try them on / out, I had some Tour 360s which I had to...
  14. Chasing72

Ogio Grom Bag - Alternatives?

HI everyone I am trying to find something very similar to the Ogio Grom bag, that appear to no longer be available (or if they are, they are $250+ CDN for a 3 year old bag still). Does anyone have any recommendations for a suitable alternative? I would like to be able to use it with my...
  15. Chasing72

Puttout Pressure Trainer with Wellput Mat?

Has anyone "mixed" their training aids like this? I got the Puttout the other day, and am looking to add a mat to the setup rather than just rolling around on the carpet, so to speak. I may be wrong, but looking at the Puttout mats, they seem a bit short, vs the longer length of the Wellput...
  16. Chasing72

What is wrong with my Clicgear 4 bottom bracket

I went to use it for the 3rd time ever yesterday. Unfolded it like normal but the bottom bracket does not seem to be at correct angle? In fact the resting arm itself is vertical? It is not moving at all. Any ideas.
  17. Chasing72

Weighted Golf Rings?

Has anybody seen / tried / used these 3pcs Golf Swing Ring Weight Ring, Golf Weighted Swing Ring, Golf Club Warm Up Swing Practice Training Weight Ring . I can't work out if they would be in any way similar to Superspeed? I very much suspect not, but just curious. They do seem to be more of a...
  18. Chasing72

Price gouging / hikes on home training stuff?

Apologies if this is the wrong specifc subforum, wasn't sure where else to post it. Has anyone else noticed this since all the stay home stuff has kicked off? Example: I had been meaning to get a puttout trainer for ages, they hover around $30CDN, a few weeks ago I put one in my basket to add...
  19. Chasing72

WITB - New Fitted Clubs Arrived Today, Along With The Snow...

Got the email from the fitter today saying everything was all in after 3 weeks of waiting. As I read the email I was watching snow fall outside and settle. So no golf or range for me for the next few days. I'm leaving the plastic on for now! Mizuno ST190 Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 60 stiff 3H Taylor...
  20. Chasing72

Would it bother you if a random you're playing with lied about their score?

Just curious, so I was out with a new meetup group today and was playing a round with two other guys and one of them was blatantly lying about his scores. Example there was a par 3 over water (hole 17) and he put 3 balls in the water, then took a drop in the drop zone closer to the hole...
Back