Search results for query: *

1. cpljohnst

Time to golf again

Howdy folks. Hope everyone is well! Took nearly 3 years off from golf due to a busy work schedule. I have weekends free now and played a round last week which gave me the itch again. If anyone is in Atlanta or passing through reach out and let's play. I don't have a home course and live in...
  2. cpljohnst

Masters odds today - who's your play

So I'm in Atlantic City and decided to look at odds for the Masters. This is what they have at the Harrah's sports book. Who would you put $$$ on? I'm thinking Kuchar looks good at 35-1. Been playing better and does have some good finishes at Augusta. Casey at 50-1 looks interesting too...
  3. cpljohnst

Putters with interchangeable weighting?

How often do you change the weighting on your putter with interchangeable weights? Do you find one weight configuration and stick with it? Or do you change the weighting from time to time? What conditions would make you change the weighting? Slow greens = heavier, fast greens = lighter...
  4. cpljohnst

For Trade: GBB Epic Driver 10.5 R-flex

Right handed, regular flex. 10.5 degree Callaway GBB Epic. Willing to trade for Toulon Columbus or San Diego putter. Will consider Odyssey Metal X Milled #1w with other trade items/cash. Will consider Odyssey Innovate Or Die blade putter cover with other trade items/cash.
  5. cpljohnst

Drills for putts 6 foot and in?

Hi Freddie, You've seen my game quite a bit so you know where my struggles lie. My ball striking seems to be on the upswing the last month but my putting is still really hurting me. Yesterday had six 3-putts. Also missed several makeable up & down opportunities inside 6 feet. It's time to...
  6. cpljohnst

Orlando, Thur. April 27th

Going to be in Orlando with an open day on Thursday, April 27th. Anyone free to play?
  7. cpljohnst

Southern Shred: = Southern Gentleman

I dropped a quick line in the Random Acts of Kindness thread, but need to type more about my bud Southern Shred. He deserves a thread of his own. He's a guy that just radiates appreciation. The way he talks about THP....The way he talks about The Grandaddy....The way he talks about...
  8. cpljohnst

My 2016 Golf Year In Review: cpljohnst' stats

I keep detailed stats using my skycaddie for each of my rounds. Gives me a chance to look back and see what I've done better and what I've done worse during the year. Was a bad year for me. A two way miss crept in and horrible putting the first half of the year. I lost 40 lbs. over the last...
  9. cpljohnst

How to clean/polish Odyssey Dual Force putter

I've got this mid 90's Odyssey Dual Force 880 I've put back in the bag recently. If like to find a way of polishing it to make it look better. I tried metal polishing wading to no effect. Any one have ideas?
  10. cpljohnst

15/16 PGA Tour recap: superlative votes

With the season over and a week to go before the next season kicks off I thought it would be a good time to get THPers thoughts on a few things from the last year of PGA Tour golf. 1. Your player of the year? 2. Your Tournament/Event of the year? 3. Your moment of the year? 4. Best shot of...
  11. cpljohnst

What's your all time favorite Callaway/ Odyssey club?

Title says it all. What is your favorite all time club from Callaway / Odyssey? This is tough for me when it's so wide open. I've had several I've really liked, especially putters. I'm going to go with my XHotPros though. Such a solid, and maybe under appreciated release. They have solid...
  12. cpljohnst

#THPCallOut: Southern Shred vs Cpljohnst - Olde Atlanta 8/14

When: Sunday, August 14th at 7:24am Dewsweeping! Where: Olde Atlanta Golf Club http://www.clubcorp.com/Clubs/Windermere-Olde-Atlanta/Golf/Courses Southern Shred and I are going to get together tomorrow morning for some match play #THPCallOut Style. This should help him get a taste of some...
  13. cpljohnst

The most memorable major you've watched?

What's the most memorable major that you've watched? Tournament, year and the reason why? Mine should be the 1986 Masters but I foolishly didn't watch with my dad like I usually did, opting instead to spend the day with my girlfriend. So mine will have to instead be the 2008 US Open at...
  14. cpljohnst

#THP Call Out: Miller Time vs cpljohnst

Date: July 16th or 17th - exact date and time to be decided soon Venue: Bear's Best Atlanta. Site of a THP Tour Van stop once upon a time. We've each played the course a couple of times, but it should be neutral ground. The Course: A collection of holes that mimic some of Jack Nicklaus...
  15. cpljohnst

Rank the next 3 months - The Open to Ryder Cup

So the next 3 months on tour are jam packed with great events for the Men's game. The Open Championship, The PGA Championship, The Olympics, The FedEx Cup playoffs including the Tour Championship, The Ryder Cup. Of course there are a few other events in between too. Rank these 5 upcoming huge...
  16. cpljohnst

On The Mark - Golf Podcast

Did a lot of driving this past week and needed something to pass the time so subscribed to Mark Immelman's On The Mark podcast. Some really great listens there. Mark is a teacher first, I've had some lessons with him in the past, and there is a lot of good knowledge to be picked up from him...
  17. cpljohnst

cpljohnst - WITB

Have made some changes since posting the below! Here is what has changed in the bag now. Pictures soon to follow! In August 2016: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Callaway PM Grind 58 were changed out of the bag for Cleveland RTX-3 50/54/58. Struggled with the transition to the Cleveland wedges...
  18. cpljohnst

Orlando golf Sat. April 23rd

Heading into town for work but have most of Saturday free and looking for some golf. Anyone want to play? I'm flying in very early that morning. Looking to tee off anytime between 11am and 2pm. Fairly flexible about location too.
  19. cpljohnst

FS: Used Cure RXi putter 35"

For Sale: Used Cure RXi putter 35". Weight kit included. Priced to move. $75 shipping included.
  20. cpljohnst

FS: Used Ashworth, Adidas, Puma, Masters & more shirts, shorts and sweaters

For Sale - Used clothing. All in good condition. Pricing includes shipping to the US. Pricing for all items is $13 per item. Shipping will be first class USPS. Sizes are all XL on the shirts except where noted. All shirts are short sleeve except where noted. If you would like more detailed...
Back