Search results for query: *

1. T

What in an acceptable fade / draw curve with driver?

Down at the top tracer range today hitting driver and I was hitting fades and draws between 10-90ft. For a simple straight down fairway shot without intentional shaping what is considered a reasonable amount of fade / draw before it becomes excessive? Excessive as in robbing you of distance...
  2. T

Swing planes with irons

How can you tell if your swing plane is too steep or low for a particular club? I sometimes struggle with the concept of swing plane and how it changes for each club (steeper for shorter irons and lower for long irons?). The way I think of it in my head is that you need to utilise arcs for long...
  3. T

Driver can't get the yardage

I was hitting a few warm up 7 iron today. Just slowed things down a bit and tried to get the feel of letting my lower body whip the club through without much arm action.
  4. T

Best tip or lesson ever..???

Keeping the right arm tucked in! (For a right hander). If you do that then you'll turn with the body and have a consistent low-point in your swing. Trying to swing with the arms will cause you to chunk or thin every other shot.
  5. T

Thanks man. I think it very well could be the last piece of the puzzle to completing my full swing, so worth investing in the advice.
  6. T

Nice to see someone put a figure on it. I can certainly get round the course with 200 carry for now and let the rest come with experience. I'll try sacrificing a decent golf ball to the driving range next time to see if it's right.
  7. T

Thanks. Good to hear from someone that I'm turning with the body properly on the backswing but as you say I'm not utilising the core on the downswing. Its not a move that comes naturally to me as whenever I try to fire the hips it messes up my entire swing - I actually did another post on this...
  8. T

Cheers. Full swing with other clubs is okay but I'll look at getting a driver lesson booked, as there isn't any reason someone my size couldn't drive the ball 300 yards.
  9. T

Likewise, I was thinking they're losing about 20 yards distance. I hit a ball on the golf club range and went out to check it on the distance markers. It rolled out to about 250. Can't tell what it carried but it was sure as **** a lot further than 180
  10. T

Thoughts on this 3 wood? Someone mentioned that I might be better with a 3 wood length club with driver loft to get the speed up. This was at the golf club with decent balls, so didn't have access to a launch monitor.
  11. T

I'm struggling to get some decent yardage out of my full swing. While at my nearest range with shot tracer I'm getting 150-160 yards carry with a 7i, 6i, 4i. I can hit my 5h 10-20 yards carry further than my 4i for some reason. When it comes to driver I struggle to make it past 170-180 carry...
  12. T

Do you have to 'clear the hips'?

There is a bit of straight but planting the right leg straight and I find trying to rotate around a point causes me to sway and chunk or top it. Planting the right leg straight and turning against it allows me to feel the weight in my right side and stay centred. Keeping the right leg bent...
  13. T

Do you have to 'clear the hips'?

I see many many golf tutorials online talking about the importance of rotating and firing the hips at the start of a downswing. I believe this has become a very desirable attribute because of guys like Dustin Johnson who get crazily open on their downswing and follow through. They say that it...
Back