Search results for query: *

1. T

What in an acceptable fade / draw curve with driver?

Down at the top tracer range today hitting driver and I was hitting fades and draws between 10-90ft. For a simple straight down fairway shot without intentional shaping what is considered a reasonable amount of fade / draw before it becomes excessive? Excessive as in robbing you of distance...
  2. T

Swing planes with irons

How can you tell if your swing plane is too steep or low for a particular club? I sometimes struggle with the concept of swing plane and how it changes for each club (steeper for shorter irons and lower for long irons?). The way I think of it in my head is that you need to utilise arcs for long...
  3. T

Driver can't get the yardage

I'm struggling to get some decent yardage out of my full swing. While at my nearest range with shot tracer I'm getting 150-160 yards carry with a 7i, 6i, 4i. I can hit my 5h 10-20 yards carry further than my 4i for some reason. When it comes to driver I struggle to make it past 170-180 carry...
  4. T

Do you have to 'clear the hips'?

I see many many golf tutorials online talking about the importance of rotating and firing the hips at the start of a downswing. I believe this has become a very desirable attribute because of guys like Dustin Johnson who get crazily open on their downswing and follow through. They say that it...
Back