Search results for query: *

1. stevie-a

Turf Choppers

We've had prior threads discussing whether the COVID requirements to ride single in carts (with some now going back to double riders...), and if that would become "normal" going forward. I saw an ad for a turf chopper (www.turfchopper.com), which is a great concept for single riders. Unlike the...
  2. stevie-a

Proforce V2 Shaft -- in black!!!

I currently have the V2 Tour in white and love it... I was out looking for a black or gray shaft to pair/match my new M3 driver and look what I found is coming in 2019!!! Definitely will have one of these and look at that torque on the 7F5 version.....2.2....say what?!?! YES PLEASE! . Sent...
  3. stevie-a

Golfdealsandsteals.com

I wasn't sure where to add this thread, so please move it as necessary... I have used this merchant multiple times in the past and have even had them do some custom shaft work for me too. I was a little shocked when I received a notification about their warehouse catching on fire and them...
  4. stevie-a

AR-15 Golf Ball Launcher

I wasn't sure where to post this, so move it as appropriate.... This past weekend I played a 2-man scramble and on the hole where I expected them to have the "Golf Pro" offering to hit a drive for the team they had something else entirely.... An AR-15 ball launcher! My shot started out a...
  5. stevie-a

Tiger vs Phil and World Series of Golf Events

So yesterday during the press conferences for the Players Championship, Phil mentioned interest in doing a head-to-head match with Tiger....winner take all. Obviously Tiger had no objections. While this idea may have been floated out there as a joke, I believe this is exactly what golf needs...
  6. stevie-a

30 for 30: Rick Flair

Title of the thread alone is sure to be polarizing... Watched this on ESPN last night and I thought it was well done. (POSSIBLE SPOILERS -- YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!) I was hoping to see more of the promos and spots he cut pre-WWF/WWE days, but they showed enough to give the average viewer an idea...
  7. stevie-a

Johnny Miller

I have started to make this post 3 times now, but have ended up cancelling all of the prior ones. This time I'm going to let it fly... I was a little put-off by Miller's comments related to Justin Thomas' 63 at the US Open, basically saying that his (Miller's) 63 at Oakmont was better. In...
  8. stevie-a

Grip Build-Up / Lower Hand

After several months of considering a change and adding some wraps to my bottom (right) hand, I did it and the results were immediately positive and were rather significant. My approach was not exactly conventional, as I used 1.5" wide masking tape for the "extra" wraps on the bare shaft...
  9. stevie-a

WTB: Taylormade weights -- R7 / R9 / R11 screw-in weights

Looking to buy anything from 16g - 20g in a match set (2x 16g, 2x 18g, 2x 20g) of the Taylormade screw-in weights. These are the weights that will fit an R7, R9, R11 driver or various versions of their putters. I just recently acquired a Spider Tour putter and would like to make it a little...
  10. stevie-a

Graphite Shaft Pullers

Looked for a prior post on this topic and didn't locate one.... I've seen a couple of graphite shaft pullers for sale on the interweb (ranging from $90 to $200) and a couple of DIY / homegrown contraptions that appear to work fairly well too. For those of you who have pulled graphite shafts...
  11. stevie-a

Rule Changes Coming in 2020??

Saw this article and many of these are obviously aimed at pace of play... Full article here: https://golfweek.com/2017/01/23/rules-of-golf-ra-usga-changes-2020/
  12. stevie-a

Epoxy bonding - need some help

So I am undertaking my first shaft installation project and I have mixed results. 4 of the 8 irons that I installed last night are rock solid. The other 4, well, the epoxy does not seem to have bonded and the heads were slightly loose this morning. I used the same epoxy for all 8 clubs...
  13. stevie-a

Reshafting - shafting beads

So I am in the process of completing my first set of reshafted irons. Are shafting beads necessary? From what I've read, it may help with the epoxy bonding but I've also seen others indicate it is not necessary. Your thoughts and experiences?
  14. stevie-a

Any Vegas regulars?

I searched for a Vegas regulars thread....and there isn't one.... I'm headed out Oct 26-29 and will literally have nothing to do during the day on Oct 27 and 28. If anyone would like to play, speak up...otherwise I guess I'll just have to sit at the poker table all day...hahaha
  15. stevie-a

Using a dremel for club alterations

I'm considering "improving" the sight line of a putter. Currently it only has a dot on the top of the putter, and I would like to expand that into a single line OR possibly 2-3 lines depending on the outcome. My plan is to use a vice / jig to hold the putter securely and then use a Dremel to...
  16. stevie-a

MG Golf and a putter offer

I checked for any other threads related to this company and saw some for a driver, gloves, and a cart bag....but nothing about their putters. I know nothing about this company, so I turn to my "family" to ask if any of you have any experience with them. I'll come clean, I have close to zero...
  17. stevie-a

Regripping questions

I've read thru the older threads about regripping and watched several YouTube videos to see that it's not that hard to regrip clubs. With that said, I have a couple questions that I am seeking clarity for: 1. Is there a particular way to cut the old grip to avoid damaging the shaft? I intend...
  18. stevie-a

Legal Advice - Type of Attorney

Without getting into the specifics of the situation, I am needing some guidance for the type of attorney I will need to assist/pursue a legal matter involving the unauthorized removal of a tree on my property. I assume a general or civil attorney is what I will need, but perhaps there is a...
  19. stevie-a

When Lightning Strikes A Green

I found this article and pictures to be pretty amazing! The course is in Texas. Link here: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/lighting-struck-a-golf-course-in-texas-and-the-results-are-amazing
  20. stevie-a

WTB - xstiff irons, brand not important

Seeking a set (3i or 4i thru 9i/PW) set of irons in xstiff to be used as a 2nd set of clubs / test sticks to play around with. Age of the irons is not important, provided they are not beat up. I've found some options on ebay and online retailers for <$200, but before I go that route I thought...
Back