Öijared. Golf in Sweden

El Bandito

Reaction score
Handicap
13 ish
A couple of weeks ago, I manage to get the chance to meet Almdudler, a fellow THPer at his home club near Gothenburg in Sweden. Www.oigk.se
I was in town with a fellow THPer, The Dane, for a little business and we had schemed to get a little golf time into the schedule. Almdudler was already scheduled to play that day, so we agreed to hook up after the round. The club has three courses, and we had a tee reserved on the old course.

Sweden was just emerging from a long cold winter and conditions were quite damp. However, considering the time of year, I thought the greens were in pretty good nick. The fairways had had some type of grit added to them, presumably as part of a plan for the summer months. Combined with the damp, this made for very unforgiving fairways. If you are having a good ball striking day, then no problem, but if, like me you are relying a little on the bounce of the club....oh dear. The club would dig in, turning every iron shot into a bunker shot.

Sweden is really, really, really big. The old course was not massively long, but occupied space big enough for two courses. Walks from green to tee were long and there were some pretty significant elevation changes. I certainly knew that I had played by the end of the day! The course was also beautiful, trees, lakes and, well trees and lakes.

I will switch to Tapatalk and try to dig out some pictures....

Sounds great, would love to see some pictures!

dejehumu.jpg

A clubhouse with a grass roof!

Tapatalk is not cooperating with me....so I will try to upload more in a while!

5adyjebu.jpg

EuroHack....from the left 'the Dane, El Bandito and Almdudler'. Busily engaged in oiling the wheels of international relations....

Sounds great, would love to see some pictures!

Due to weather, and more truthfully, complete disorganisation from me, on course photos didn't happen! If you are in Sweden, then look up Almdudler, a really great guy, fantastic host and all round good guy. We managed to raise a glass or two...

A glass or two? I was pretty slow at work the day after! ;) But that was probably self-inflicted..

Thanks for the visit I had a great time and hope to see (and play with) you both next time again!

/ Almdudler

A glass or two? I was pretty slow at work the day after! ;) But that was probably self-inflicted..

Thanks for the visit I had a great time and hope to see (and play with) you both next time again!

/ Almdudler

Oh I think all three of us were quite slow the day after! I m sure we will get another round in! For a start, my course is playable all year, so I guess I'm a good winter golf option!

Back