“Golf Ball Purge” Ever think of doing it?

Iceman!

THPer formerly known as "markm778"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So, I have about 15 (Ok, 20) dozens of new golf balls, mostly old versions of golf balls that I stocked up on. It seemed like a good idea at the time that now I realize, it wasn’t. I’m NEVER GOING TO USE THEM. I know I’m not the THPer that has done this. I’m thinking of boxing them up and dropping them off at Goodwill.

Just do a “Purge” - start from scratch. I mean if I passed away, that is exactly what my wife would do.

eBay would just turn into work for something that just isn’t worth it.

Anyone else had that same thoughts?

I give them to my sons.

Christmas gifts. Find a First Tee program in your area.

Just go lose them all. At lease then you would get to hit them once.

I feel like if I ever settled on a ball, I would definitely dump what I had in stock and buy new. As it is, I maybe have like 3 dozen brand new kicking around. Started buying sleeves to test stuff instead of dozens.

Really like @Snickerdog idea of donating them to the First Tee.

So, I have about 15 (Ok, 20) dozens of new golf balls, mostly old versions of golf balls that I stocked up on. It seemed like a good idea at the time that now I realize, it wasn’t. I’m NEVER GOING TO USE THEM. I know I’m not the THPer that has done this. I’m thinking of boxing them up and dropping them off at Goodwill.

Just do a “Purge” - start from scratch. I mean if I passed away, that is exactly what my wife would do.

eBay would just turn into work for something that just isn’t worth it.

Anyone else had that same thoughts?

Honestly you should just send them to me Mark....

But anyways I only really have 2-3 dozen on me at a time and I'll go through them pretty quickly (product seeding)

I usually end up giving them to JH or HS kiddos

I also throw them into am old Titleist shag bag for short game practice.

I need to purge the 6 yr old balls in that bag.

First Tee, or your local Junior High or High School or you could get get crafty
1618021068474.png

240 golf balls???

I usually give a bunch of golf balls to my brother and nephew, but I like the idea of donating them to First Tee.

My local driving range has a mix of balls. I take my old ones there and after my bucket I hit a few of the old ones, basically donating them to the range.

I'm sure any school would like them. If you belong to a club they might have a junior program that could use them. Lots of good options to get rid of new, unwanted golf balls.

I donate to the local high school golf team for practice balls.

I think donating to the local First Tee program or high school golf program are both great ideas. Many high schools don’t get much funding for their golf programs and I’m sure they’d be grateful for the donation.

I normally donate them to new golfers that I meet. I just gave away 12 dozen last month to a couple who haven’t played in more than a decade but retired and joined a club to learn.

While I don't disagree with the Goodwill idea, look at it this way: a golfer who has the means to buy balls might get a really good deal on a dozen balls or more. If you go First Tee or High School, you will give golfers who don't have the means to buy balls what they need for free.

I give them to my son. He naturally loses them every round. He's happy it's not his dime. I am happy to move inventory. Also, my rule is never to buy more than one dozen and I also buy sleeves or single balls when experimenting.

I've given balls away over the years, but not usually do to a surplus.

Most of the time I just play them, then retire them to the shag bag. The ones I don't lose anyways.

I do have a full drawer full and most of them will probably not be used by me. I should look to donate them.

What are they? Sell them cheap on THP as other guys on here could probably use them?

Love the donation idea, especially to the First Tee or High Schools.

Other thing i learned here is that having a stock pile fo 2-4 dozen probably isn't enough. I better load up. :ROFLMAO:

Back