2012 THP & SCOR Project - Follow-up and Progress

Full disclosure, I am taking my set of 588s to the range today to do a head to head comparison with my SCORs. I have been struggling lately with full wedge shots with the SCORs. And I mean STRUGGLING, like missing greens from 105. The misses seem to be straight pushes out to the right. Weird because I am hitting my R11 short irons better than ever lately. They are so great around the greens, I need to figure out my full shots though.

Full disclosure, I am taking my set of 588s to the range today to do a head to head comparison with my SCORs. I have been struggling lately with full wedge shots with the SCORs. And I mean STRUGGLING, like missing greens from 105. The misses seem to be straight pushes out to the right. Weird because I am hitting my R11 short irons better than ever lately. They are so great around the greens, I need to figure out my full shots though.
Hey, I still carry a 588 with my SCORs. There's just a shot or two that the thing is money so I keep it. But there's a few shots where I wouldn't want anything other than my SCOR, so I don't know.....

Hey, I still carry a 588 with my SCORs. There's just a shot or two that the thing is money so I keep it. But there's a few shots where I wouldn't want anything other than my SCOR, so I don't know.....

That may be the trick, but the SCORs have been so money for me that I have lived with the bad long shots for far too long.

Do you see that miss with any other clubs?

No, my miss is usually left. I know its probably something in my setup or swing, but thats golf.

No, my miss is usually left. I know its probably something in my setup or swing, but thats golf.

Yeah I hear ya, I was curious if it was something that was occuring on all clubs. Interesting to hear what your thoughts are on the full shots with the 588 in comparison.

Thanks DD......this is good stuff. Thanks for providing the link in my pondering question!

Bump for the new members that were not around earlier this year when THP & SCOR teamed up for the SCOR Challenge.

Glad you guys are finding this thread helpful, really appreciate some of the PMs I've received today from some newer members. This was a great experience for me and I enjoyed keeping everyone updated.

Thanks for bumping this ... just read it all and it was a fun ride. Congrats on the handicap drop and breaking 80, sounds like this project was just the focus getting tool you needed.

I know what you mean about enjoying practicing chipping ... way more fun than the range

Indeed. Thank you for the bump. I was extremely interested in SCØR because of their dedication to the southpaw, and this thread has transformed the interest into a borderline obsession. :alien:

Back