2015 Mizuno JPX-EZ and Forged Irons

I think the big minus against the last version, at least with most on here, was the super high launch characteristics. I also wasn't a fan of the faux Ping G series look. The new version looks a little better, but will hold off on judging them until I see them in hand.

I think the big minus against the last version, at least with most on here, was the super high launch characteristics. I also wasn't a fan of the faux Ping G series look. The new version looks a little better, but will hold off on judging them until I see them in hand.
From what I saw, and owning them, I think the biggest knock on them was the finish not the launch. A lot of people worried the finish would not last, and really did not like the colors. I was concerned at first, but they grew on me. They do launch high relative to some irons, but actually had other brands that launched higher. Clubs like the Cally XRs and especially the Berthas launched higher for me, and the Pings were similar. I like the look of the new ones, and they are definitely on my radar. But it will be tough to get my current EZs out of my bag.

The last versions were flawed in a pretty significant way IMO where it pertains to the CG in them, something was seriously amiss with those irons which was a shame.

I'm willing to bet THP will have plenty of info on the new versions soon enough, we typically get them all in hand for a formal review.

The last versions were flawed in a pretty significant way IMO where it pertains to the CG in them, something was seriously amiss with those irons which was a shame.

I'm willing to bet THP will have plenty of info on the new versions soon enough, we typically get them all in hand for a formal review.

Yeah - I did like everything about the EZ Forged - including the aesthetic, but they were high and short all day for me. The regular EZ I had much better numbers with, but like Adam said - if I wanted a G series I'd buy a G series iron. Looking forward to seeing these in hand, and what you guys have to say about them.

I'm definitely looking forward to more info and some high-quality THP pics.

Unlike a lot of others, I had decent numbers with the prior version, but that also would have been with a shaft change/upgrade. I did not care for the looks, and that might be different this time around.

I have been playing the previous version of these and love them so I can't wait for these to be released. I started a thread a month or so ago about these new irons and no one knew anything. Personally I am really excited for these.

I keep coming back and rewatching the videos. I can't wait for these to be released. I can honestly say I will 95.6% buy these when they are released they are just so damn sexy!!! And if they hit as well or better than the previous version I will love them. I can't wait I already want these so damn bad.

Wow haven't heard of these. Y did everyone hate the original EZ's? I loveddd the EZ Forged's but never bought them and Idk y.

Wow haven't heard of these. Y did everyone hate the original EZ's? I loveddd the EZ Forged's but never bought them and Idk y.
As mentioned above. They launched way too high due to cg placement, leading to ballooning, distance losses, and awkward gaps

Like the looks and sound of the 2016 EZ Forged. Definitely want to hit them.

Love the look and can't wait to hear about how they perform. I wonder if the boron will help correct the issues people had with the last version.

Dang it. I had convinced myself I was set when it comes to my irons. Now I'm getting the itch again and really want to see & hit these bad boys.

Anxious to see a THP review of these and see if the launch issues some people seem to have had with the prior version will be present. Haven't seen much press on these out there but I really do like the way they look.

I agree with^^^^ I will stay with my JPX-800 PRO irons for now as I did not like the previous releases. Maybe the new 2015 forged offerings may get me to upgrade, looking forward to giving them a try and reading the comments posted here.

As mentioned above. They launched way too high due to cg placement, leading to ballooning, distance losses, and awkward gaps

Now I'm considering them, could I fix that issue with say DG Tour Issue Shafts? S400 or X100

I liked the EZ Forged line even with the uber high launch so I will be looking forward to this one.

Now I'm considering them, could I fix that issue with say DG Tour Issue Shafts? S400 or X100
Nope. I tried several shafts to try and remedy it, no go. It was a design thing.

I'm heading to a demo day on Saturday where they claim to have the EZ's and the MP-25's ready to test. Really keen to hit them all against the Ping i's also as I'm in the market for some new irons. Will report back!

I'll be really curious to hear your take. I'm going out to my home course on either Saturday or Sunday to test some clubs out. I haven't called them yet to find out what they'll have, but I'll report back.

I play the jpx 825's and had the m31's before that. I don't need new irons, but I want them bad!!!!!

I hit the new JPX-EZ today and the ball felt like butter! I really liked these when I hit them. I'm not crazy about the look though.

What are your thoughts on them compared to your 825's? I have the 825's and may be looking to upgrade to the EZ or EZ forged.

​The EZ Forged felt much better!

Back