2016 Callaway Chrome Soft Review Thread

I normally play at a higher elevation home vs Phoenix but I noticed my approaches and driver shots seemed longer than the 20xi's that I'm used to using. So that's a plus!

Feel seems very similar to other high end balls.

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Re:fade. I lost a few right this weekend but the wind and the swing were the culprits, not the ball. Great action and feel. I really enjoy the ball on full iron shots- feels so nice! Good spin, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you need to know if these balls will hit a green and spin you only needed to be on Cholla #18 to see it in action. I pulled one back hard with a 54*

I see you play QStar's also. Are you gonna switch to the Chromesoft's or stay with srixon?
If you need to know if these balls will hit a green and spin you only needed to be on Cholla #18 to see it in action. I pulled one back hard with a 54*

I see you play QStar's also. Are you gonna switch to the Chromesoft's or stay with srixon?

After playing the Chrome Soft all weekend there is nothing this ball cant do well. I loved it off every club face and around the greens it really shines.

That was a pro shot for real!

After playing the Chrome Soft all weekend there is nothing this ball cant do well. I loved it off every club face and around the greens it really shines.
I think that answers my question then lol.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

gonna bump this up because i know a bunch of you had this in play this past weekend at #TheGauntlet. So guys, how did you like it? For those who hadnt played this years version yet, how did you like it compared to last years ball? Is anyone making a permanent switch to this ball?

Been playing this ball more often than not over the last few months. This weekend confirmed what I already knew. It is the best ball out there, period. I especially like the yellow Truvis. With the wedges cannot beat the spin. I have also confirmed this on a simulator with some direct comparisons. With the driver, the distance is there also.

I found a red/white truvis today next to a tree (great drive on #1) and played it the rest of the round. I really like the ball other than the fact that it seems to disappear in the rough. I may have to get some of the yellow truvis to try. I liked the truvis in flight and by the club but the red and white seemed to be almost camouflage in some lies.
Ball spun really well on the wedges and long straight off the tee. Had a 290 yd drive today. Very good for me.

I played the CS yellow this weekend and after 18 holes it still looks new. Performance was great. Good ball flight, good distance and it checks up on the green. It looks like this is my new gamer.

Anyone that can make a comparasion to Chrome+? I play those right now, but I wouldnt mind a bit more help to get the ball to spin back/stop on the greens.

Anyone that can make a comparasion to Chrome+? I play those right now, but I wouldnt mind a bit more help to get the ball to spin back/stop on the greens.
Chrome + was probably my favorite Callaway ball before this release of the Chrome Soft. Obviously the Chrome Soft isnt anywhere near as firm as the + is and you can feel it on every shot. I would say similar spin off the driver and irons but more spin around the greens. Also, the durability of the Chrome Soft is better than any Callaway ball ive used in the past. Even at the discounted prices you can find the Chrome +, IMO the Chrome Soft is a better ball for what you are looking for

Chrome + was probably my favorite Callaway ball before this release of the Chrome Soft. Obviously the Chrome Soft isnt anywhere near as firm as the + is and you can feel it on every shot. I would say similar spin off the driver and irons but more spin around the greens. Also, the durability of the Chrome Soft is better than any Callaway ball ive used in the past. Even at the discounted prices you can find the Chrome +, IMO the Chrome Soft is a better ball for what you are looking for
Completely agree. Durability alone is about enough to offset the price difference considering the amount of use you can get out of a Chrome Soft ball. They definitely are softer than the Chrome +, and you can feel it throughout the bag.

I played the yellow/black Truvis on Sunday and pushed "a few" just a little right on a very tight course. Thankfully, they are very easy to locate.

Overall, I really like the 2016 Chrome Soft. I gamed the previous version, both in yellow and the OG Truvis, and being a slow swing player I was a bit concerned about the ball being firmer this year. I honestly haven't noticed an appreciable difference in feel between last years and the current model.

I want to get in a few more rounds with a couple other balls before I decide on this year's gamer. However, the yellow/black Truvis is the current favorite.

Played this ball this past weekend, ball lasted 45 holes.

Love the soft fee and cool looks, I get so many questions "do you have a kit you use to color your ball like that?"

Put a friend on to these as well. He just ordered a box and I spotted him a sleeve in the meantime.

Best shot of my round was a 140 yard par 3, ball landed 4' past he pin and spun back about 5'.

I haven't used the ball too much because my game has been off and I hate to lose such a great ball consistently, but now that my game is back and balls are lasting, these are my new gamer.

Thank! I´ll have to order a few of those then and try them out! :)

Thinking I'll be playing the yellow/black truvis for Regional Rivalry.

Thinking I'll be playing the yellow/black truvis for Regional Rivalry.
Solid choice CJ. All the easier to see the ball in the rough. :alien:

But in all seriousness, that's the ball I'm playing now and I love it.

I put this ball in play for the first time yesterday since The Grandaddy, I still have 3 sleeves and was waiting for warm weather/still not sure if I want to use them and just save them for nostalgia.

Well it really is my #1 ranked ball that I've ever played. I have a few sleeves of the prior generation of B330RX & RXS that I have been playing before I just broke out the new Chromesoft •• and it fits me and my game in all the facets that I'm looking for. In particular I love the sound/feel off the putter, and didn't have any problems holding greens at all and they haven't been super receptive yet this year for us at the course. It was a good round and I guess I'm heading to the store to buy a dozen so I can preserve the Blank White sleeves of these.

Picked up a dozen black/yellow Truvis. Curious to see how they play

Back