2016 Callaway Chrome Soft Review Thread

I'm back on the Chromesoft bandwagon, it was really good for me last weekend. The standard CS is so straight and long off the tee for me it's silly. Spin on irons and greenside is excellent, coming back to the CS after months away felt like coming back home.

20500b11a88adf8f747bc21f53b2d836.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I blew out all of my inventory of Golf Balls and bagging these exclusively with two Callaway Wedges for the rest of year as I prep for the Grandaddy.
Never hit them however I will be coming this weekend.
One thing I have noticed is there are no "Bargains" to be had on these anywhere. Callaway must be make just enough to keep the price up.
Really like the new "Q" so I will be interested on my results compared to the CS.

This ball continues to be my go to. Does every single thing I want.

Is this the ball you had this past weekend? Need to spend more time with it

Yessir

I got 2 dozen of these at the golf marathon I played in last week - the fine folks at Callaway donated a ton of Chrome softs.

Looking forward to getting dialed in with these, seeing how they're made, and beating Finley with his own ball.

My balls should be here Monday, so I'll be able to put them in play on Wednesday in League and hopefully do some head to head comparisons with my gamers and a few other options I have in the bag.

I saw Dick's/Golf Galaxy now has their own model Truvis in dark green. I'm not sure how well that will work considering grass is green. I have a hard enough time finding balls as is.

I saw Dick's/Golf Galaxy now has their own model Truvis in dark green. I'm not sure how well that will work considering grass is green. I have a hard enough time finding balls as is.

I agree with you. I love the idea of it but don't think it would help in this area

Played these on Friday and the greens we were playing were incredibly soft, I was leaving big pitch marks in the greens and getting the ball to come back.

Solid distance and launch - great balls and pretty durable too

I picked up a sleeve of these on a whim waiting for a shipment of my normal QST. I have to say, I was impressed. All the things I've grown to love about the QST, I was finding the the CS. I was a bit shorter off the irons, but not enough for me to say it was the ball (could have very easily been my swing that day). It's good to know I now know of a good backup ball when I'm out of QST, or just want to change things up.

Love the golf ball, does what I want around the greens holds greens well on approach shots when I do hit them well, hah.

I had the X twice and didn't put them in play, not as soft as the CS to me. And I do have two Truvis golf balls in my bag that I have yet to play and will give this a run out soon.

I didnt want to believe it, but I truly think this ball is longer than the ProV1x I have been playing for the past decade....especially on my irons...seems like its about 5 yards longer...couldnt tell a difference on woods...very soft feel too...but it scuffs a lot easier than the ProV1x.

I am a believer now...think I am switching to this ball now.

Put these into play yesterday for the first time in a minute, was a great cold weather performance by the CS, still just a solid all around ball. Can't wait to see what is next.

Put these into play yesterday for the first time in a minute, was a great cold weather performance by the CS, still just a solid all around ball. Can't wait to see what is next.

I liked this ball a whole lot more than the X and what the grandaddy guys are saying about the new ball has me real excited to try it

I need to count up, but think I have about 7 dozen of these. I am sure the new ball will be great, but I have no worries about continuing to play this edition. Works great for me.

Yeah I think have about 6 dozen of these still, mostly red and white Truvis with some green Truvis (not THP logo, unfortunately), so I’ll be playing them for awhile yet. Really enjoy this ball.

I have new respect for the Callaway Chrome Soft. I've started playing a different course where the greens are not hard as a rock. These greens are much more receptive and I've actually hit a 6I downwind that stopped withing 2 feet of where it hit. I've also found that the Chrome Soft gives me more distance off the irons than other balls.

Back