2016 Gauntlet Extra Rounds Thread

Looks like tons of golf will be played while in Arizona. I am Jelly and envy you guys. I know this will be a fun one to follow especially when the captains get to talking some trash to one another.

Thanks a ton for doing this Fup! very nice of you to take time from your own life to set things up for us.

First round at Top Golf is on me!

This x22835478239574329857! Truly appreciate the effort you're putting in for this Fup, and I look forward to teeing it up with you!

2016 Gauntlet Extra Rounds Thread

Still looking at flights. So far flying out of Miami on AA is the least expensive route at $310-$320. Shocking as AA is usually the more costly option for me. But that flight would put me in PHX by lunch time on Thursday

Still looking at flights. So far flying out of Miami on AA is the least expensive route at $310-$320. Shocking as AA is usually the more costly option for me. But that flight would put me in PHX by lunch time on Thursday

Yeah, AA was the cheapest for me as well. I checked Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity and Expedia and ended up going through Hotwire.

Not bad! My 2 nonstops were more than that and I'm further east than you are.

That's what it is for me. I'm going to have to leave really early in the morning - like 6AM, but it's $310 nonstop from Boston. If I stay in the hotel at the airport the night before parking is free, so I'll probably go that route.

That's what it is for me. I'm going to have to leave really early in the morning - like 6AM, but it's $310 nonstop from Boston. If I stay in the hotel at the airport the night before parking is free, so I'll probably go that route.
How much is the hotel stay? Cause then you are just paying for parking that way. Just giving the parking money to a different entity. Haha

May be cheaper just to park at the airport anyways. But there is the early aspect as well and I don't know how long of a drive you would have.

How much is the hotel stay? Cause then you are just paying for parking that way. Just giving the parking money to a different entity. Haha

May be cheaper just to park at the airport anyways. But there is the early aspect as well and I don't know how long of a drive you would have.

Parking at Logan is about 30 dollars a day, so it's likely a push. And I'm not driving (or making my wife drive) at 4AM. I'd probably pay for the hotel anyway, even if I had to pay to park.

Wow even LAX I think I park for 12 a day. 30 must be covered?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Parking at Logan is about 30 dollars a day, so it's likely a push. And I'm not driving (or making my wife drive) at 4AM. I'd probably pay for the hotel anyway, even if I had to pay to park.
Ouch. Yeah I would go the hotel route as well then.

Wow even LAX I think I park for 12 a day. 30 must be covered?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yeah, this is the "walk directly into the airport" garage. Economy is cheaper but for a super early flight the shuttle between parking and the terminal is starting to get into the "why bother going to sleep" territory.

Updated the first post.

I am going to plan on Talking Stick for the Thursday PM round so it will be closer to Top Golf for everyone participating in both.

TopGolf will start at 7:00 on Thursday PM. If there are some stragglers it should not be an issue.

For the Friday PM Round, I am going to book everyone at SunRidge Canyon. It's a fantastic track and less then 8 miles from We-Ko-Pa. Should prevent any issues with those making the Friday Meet & Greet.

For the Monday AM round I will leave that to Spivey to handle right now as it's just him and wubears71. If it grows we can make formal arrangements.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question for the group with regards to Top Golf.

I got a quote back to get bays reserved for a few hours, plus food and beverage. The rate for three hours per person is 75.00. This would guarantee bays for the group as a whole. Obviously this also means we commit to food and beverage which I assume everyone would do anyway. I need to put up half the deposit which isnt an issue.

Now if people want to be more low key and take our chances on bays, we can. I will say it's not entirely uncommon for this Top Golf to have a 3 hour wait during the week.

Let me know what you are all thinking.

Question for the group with regards to Top Golf.

I got a quote back to get bays reserved for a few hours, plus food and beverage. The rate for three hours per person is 75.00. This would guarantee bays for the group as a whole. Obviously this also means we commit to food and beverage which I assume everyone would do anyway. I need to put up half the deposit which isnt an issue.

Now if people want to be more low key and take our chances on bays, we can. I will say it's not entirely uncommon for this Top Golf to have a 3 hour wait during the week.

Let me know what you are all thinking.
That's not bad at all.

And food and beverage is included? Or would that be extra?

That's not bad at all.

And food and beverage is included? Or would that be extra?

Food and unlimited Soda/Tea/Lemonade. Booze is not included. Here is a sample of the menu.

Southern Selection Menu
- Fried Chicken Sliders
- Chopped Brisket Sliders with Topgolf BBQ Mop Sauce - Southern Cole Slaw with Cilantro Dressing
- Assorted Kettle Chips
- Bottomless soda, iced tea, coffee and water

Food and unlimited Soda/Tea/Lemonade. Booze is not included. Here is a sample of the menu.

Southern Selection Menu
- Fried Chicken Sliders
- Chopped Brisket Sliders with Topgolf BBQ Mop Sauce - Southern Cole Slaw with Cilantro Dressing
- Assorted Kettle Chips
Wow with food and basic drinks included that is agreat deal for anight out I think

Southern Selection Menu
- Fried Chicken Sliders
- Assorted Kettle Chips
That sounds pretty good to me then! Add a few drinks on your own and that's a pretty fun night out.

Southern Selection Menu
- Fried Chicken Sliders
- Assorted Kettle Chips
Thats awesome. Im good with that.

This would guarantee bays for the group as a whole.

If this means we'd have 2 or 3 bays that are guaranteed to be next to each other I'd prefer that for sure.

Southern Selection Menu
- Fried Chicken Sliders
- Assorted Kettle Chips

Sounds like a good deal to me!

That's pretty good fup!!

Count me in for the thursday PM round.

I probably won't play at Top Golf, but I'll definitely come and hang out and have some adult beverages :)

I'm good with that. Thanks again Fup.

Question for the people interested in a round at Desert Forest Friday AM -

I am starting to put together my request for the tee times.

I am working on getting a discounted rate - I have no idea how that will go over.

I was wondering (and I have no idea if this is possible) if anyone wants to grab lunch at the club after the round? If you are interested, I could propose that to the board as part of a "package" for the round. This would mean that a second round on Friday would be hard to fit in, so I understand if anyone or everyone is not interested.

Please post or send me a pm if you are interested in lunch.

Back