2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Freddie/Morgan - are you guys still doing OrangeTheory? There's one opening across the street from my house, and I'm looking for a new place to go to the gym - my current gym is just too far away for me to go there as much as I should be.

FK is, he just posted his workout to Insta.
I'm curious as well as one is supposed to be opening across the street from my work.

Well 2016 didn't end the way i had thought and i've gained back about 10 pounds from our low following the 21 day vegan cleanse we had done previously... I bought a whole slew of new suits for work and to get them to fit right i need to drop that 10 pounds again... I think come the new year, we're going to give it another 3 weeks on the program in the hopes that we can reset our diets again... It was nice not craving sugar and alot of other unnecessary foods...

FK is, he just posted his workout to Insta.
I'm curious as well as one is supposed to be opening across the street from my work.

One of the trainers at my Crossfit Box is also a trainer at Orange Theory in Dedham and loves it. She is always posting about her workouts and how hard/fun/rewarding the classes are.

Have not posted here in awhile, weight has been the same, 209-210 pounds for a few months now. One thing I did do was get my anual physical. My family doctor actually told me, " you are at an ideal weight, you could even put 10 pounds back on, that being said, I would like you to stop losing weight". I had her repeat the part about. " stop losing weight"...lol. She told me, " think of your body as a car that has found the perfect cruise control speed for the best possible gas mileage, because that is where you are". To be honest, I thought I would never hear a doctor tell me I am in ideal health. That really put me in a good mood!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Congrats on the loss and the maintenance!

I too also haven't posted here in awhile. Was on a roll first of the year and ended up losing about 30lbs. Through the summer, stresses of a new job and my new co workers being food pushers I've gained it back. New year, new me ... again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just found this thread. I'm one week into the nutrisystem diet. It's been hard going from eating everything to a limited diet of 1000 calories plus vegetables.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just found this thread. I'm one week into the nutrisystem diet. It's been hard going from eating everything to a limited diet of 1000 calories plus vegetables.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Good luck! It’s a tough road but worth it!

Well this could also go in the rant thread, after about 10 days on NutriSystem eating only a thousand calories a day for the first week and fifteen hundred or so after that, I weighed myself this morning and gained 2 pounds! I was down a total of 6 pounds after about eight days. WTF? I actually had one cheat day on Saturday night where I had 4 chicken strips and two Bourbons. Other than that I have then very strict to follow the diet. I'm not sure how it's possible that I gained 2 pounds back!

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Lean muscle mass, yo.

Well this could also go in the rant thread, after about 10 days on NutriSystem eating only a thousand calories a day for the first week and fifteen hundred or so after that, I weighed myself this morning and gained 2 pounds! I was down a total of 6 pounds after about eight days. WTF? I actually had one cheat day on Saturday night where I had 4 chicken strips and two Bourbons. Other than that I have then very strict to follow the diet. I'm not sure how it's possible that I gained 2 pounds back!

Have you been working out?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I wasn't going to post in here cause I'm already half way through my journey, then I thought why not share.

I've been doing a keto/paleo/low carb thing for the three last 8 weeks and am at a 17lb weight loss. I have another 17 to reach my goal.

Honestly this is is simplest diet I've ever been on. High protein, under 50 carbs a day and some moderate exercise and the weight falls off. I still count calories and try and stay in the 1200-1300, though I'm probably short of that daily.

Once you hit ketosis, the weight just falls off. However you really need to be disciplined. No flour, sugar, sweets of any kind, starches, etc. I get my carbs from certain fruit and veggies. If you like meat, fish, eggs, eat all you want basically, but not recommended.

I think it's also important to count everything you consume in an app, like "my fitness pal" or gives you a feel of what common favorite foods nutrition looks like.

Good luck to all of you fellow weight loss seekers.

Have you been working out?

I have started to do some light cardio on an elliptical and trying to walk more.

Back