2017 BMW Championship

Leishman got away with one hitting driver off the deck, is it just gonna be one of those weekends for him where everyone else is playing for second?

So-ill,
You in 2nd place?

I am, a little under 400k back. I'm up through this tournament so far.

This is a big one as I think those in the Top 5 can make some serious money if the leader were to fall back.

This is a big one as I think those in the Top 5 can make some serious money if the leader were to fall back.

I've got Day and Cantlay, need Speith to do way better this weekend.

It's definitely making these tournaments more fun to watch with something on the line down the stretch here. Unless I have a couple guys make some moves this weekend. The fantasy standing are gonna be pretty bunched up at the top and make the final weekend a nail biter.

Was DJ's drop on 18 legal based on where the ball entered the hazard?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Day scores the hole in one, which gets $100k to charity, then Day donates the $150k BMW M 760i back to the foundation. I guess that means the car is up for grabs again.

Day scores the hole in one, which gets $100k to charity, then Day donates the $150k BMW M 760i back to the foundation. I guess that means the car is up for grabs again.

Day donated the car? Good on him. I don't care how much money he has, it can't be easy to give away a brand new BMW that he just won. Sure, he'll get tax benefits, but still, it's gotta be hard to part company with. Good on him for being so selfless.

Day donated the car? Good on him. I don't care how much money he has, it can't be easy to give away a brand new BMW that he just won. Sure, he'll get tax benefits, but still, it's gotta be hard to part company with. Good on him for being so selfless.

The only tax benefits he gets for giving away the car to charity is not having to pay taxes for winning the car, which makes your point even more.

From a Golf Channel article, this explains Day's reasoning:

BMW was also poised to award Day with a brand-new M760i, which retails for more than $155,000, but Day opted instead to donate the car back to the foundation. Although Day is sponsored by Lexus, he explained that his endorsement deal with them did not prevent him from accepting the car after the ace.

“I’d be happy to take the car,” Day said. “I’m very blessed to have Lexus as a car company and partner, but I got off the golf course and I realized that someone came in and said they’re giving $100,000 to the Evans Scholars Foundation. I’m like, that goes towards helping someone go through college. I talked to my agent about it, ‘Can we do that with the car?’”

The only tax benefits he gets for giving away the car to charity is not having to pay taxes for winning the car, which makes your point even more.

he probably receives a very limited benefit. at his adjusted gross income he is probably phased out of the vast majority of his itemized deductions. but the income will remain fully taxable. what he may be able to do is disclaim the winnings. if he never took ownership or had control of the ultimate disposition of the prize, he could avoid the tax. but at his level of income, what's another $60k of tax?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cantlay rinsed

Ugh, I need Cantlay to do better...

Who has Leishman?

Not me

12 hours of my day was dedicated to taking the kid to a couple soccer matches and I just got home a bit ago and now I'm watching the replay on TGC. Looks like Leishman is playing on another level from the field still, a 5 shot lead going into Sunday is pretty nice for him...not so much for my fantasy lineup though. I'll need Day or Rahm to be on 59 watch tomorrow to make it interesting.

It took Wesley Bryan an 1 hour and 29 minutes to play his final round today. He should have sprinted a few holes to beat Kenvin Na time. Lol

It took Wesley Bryan an 1 hour and 29 minutes to play his final round today. He should have sprinted a few holes to beat Kenvin Na time. Lol

As it should be, Wow I bet he loved that. So much for me thinking my 1 hour and 43 minute round in a cart was good.

Wow that is fast even for a single.

That is quick walking, not sure I could go below 1:45 or 1:50 without feeling like I was going to die but I got a bit extra on the mid section. Give me a cart and that is a piece of cake though.

Every time Leishman hits a putt, it looks like it's going in the heart of the cup. Dudes putter is just flat out working for him!

What a shot by Phil, he is magic with a wedge!!!!

That was so Phil...LOL!

Day and Rose are heating up too!

Duplicate post...oops!

Rickie just isn't taking advantage when Leishman gets out of position.

Just Phil being Phil.

Back