2017 Cleveland Golf Stand bag Review thread

Almost 2 months in, I am still very happy with this bag. No club tangling, still great storage, still looks fantastic but I have seen a little of what @MPlefty has seen. The legs have started sticking a little on the umbrella strap. I don't have an umbrella in and it might be that I have too much junk in that pocket, or it could be the mechanism is getting a little sticky... still 99% functional, just have to try setting up a couple times every now and then. Not ideal, but isn't a huge detraction for me as of yet.

I only notice it when I go to the range, but I go to the range more than I play (play once per week and range 2-3 times per week).

Almost 2 months in, I am still very happy with this bag. No club tangling, still great storage, still looks fantastic but I have seen a little of what @MPlefty has seen. The legs have started sticking a little on the umbrella strap. I don't have an umbrella in and it might be that I have too much junk in that pocket, or it could be the mechanism is getting a little sticky... still 99% functional, just have to try setting up a couple times every now and then. Not ideal, but isn't a huge detraction for me as of yet.

I only notice it when I go to the range, but I go to the range more than I play (play once per week and range 2-3 times per week).
I carried mine while playing wIth Josh in Hawaii. It's definitely a little on the heavy side. And this fat guy right here was sore and worn out by the end of the round.

I carried mine while playing wIth Josh in Hawaii. It's definitely a little on the heavy side. And this fat guy right here was sore and worn out by the end of the round.

You crazy man. I am too out of shape to carry for 18 holes with this bag.

My legs hurt for a week. It was loaded down too. Couple dozen balls, speaker, drinks, 3 packages of lead tape, etc etc. lol

That bag loaded in my BagBoy T10 travel case (which doesn't weigh much) tipped the scales at the airport at 49lbs.

I have now walked about 20 ronds with this bag, and am still getting used to the weight, I can now get to 16 or so without feeling tired. that could simply be because I am fat and out of shape, but I don't feel as tired with a lighter bag

I have now walked about 20 ronds with this bag, and am still getting used to the weight, I can now get to 16 or so without feeling tired. that could simply be because I am fat and out of shape, but I don't feel as tired with a lighter bag
I'm starting to hurt just thinking about it. I think I'm gonna leave my fatazz in the cart til I shed another 30lbs or so. :D

think another key is the price on this, 119.00 from Budget golf seems like a heck of a price for all i see with this bag. Yes i wish it had 2-3 full length dividers, but i could get over this i think.

think another key is the price on this, 119.00 from Budget golf seems like a heck of a price for all i see with this bag. Yes i wish it had 2-3 full length dividers, but i could get over this i think.

It's an awesome bag for the pricepoint. It'll hold far more than you'll ever put in it. If you don't mind the extra weight, it's perfect.

I love this bag. I just wish the little stand didn’t stick out so much. Really have a hard time keeping it straight in the cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I used my other stand bag (that isn't currently just a display model at my house) a Callaway 2018 Fusion14 while I traveled last week. I did this mainly because I only check one bag and I stuff my golf travel bag with a bunch of things that won't fit in my carry on and the 2-3lb lighter Fusion 14 gives me a little more cushion to keep it under 50lbs.

Anyway, the things I like better about the Callaway vs the Cleveland carry:
- lighter weight
- removable shoulder straps (I love this feature, but it is something that before I had it I didn't know I needed it)
- the small mesh pouches that can hold a small water bottle or accessory
- the base sits straight on a cart, whereas

What I like better about the Cleveland vs the Callaway:
- cooler pocket is bigger and has the drain so I can throw ice in and not worry
- straps are more comfortable
- looks
- range finder pocket is bigger and the zipper is much more secure than the magnetic option
- Larger size of bag means even though not full length dividers no tangling.

I could be really happy using either one, the Fusion14 has more pockets so I can seperate things out, but the cleveland has more storage (bigger pockets and a bigger bag overall). Both I think are better for someone that rides/uses a push cart but wants a 14 way bag with a stand system on it than someone that carries most of the time. The biggest difference to me though is the price. The Cleveland is $90 less than the Fusion14. And I think you can find it with discounts so it could be less.

Anybody has any questions let me know. Will have some more updates later about it.

I love this bag. I just wish the little stand didn’t stick out so much. Really have a hard time keeping it straight in the cart.

For me it seems to be the depth of the bag (from the legs to the handle) where it won't fit in most putter wells. Even on my clicgear with the cozy attachment I have to use a bungie cord to get the straps to keep the bag on the cart. Either way, when I put it on a motor cart I have turned it about 45* to one side or the other and it seems to fit that way. Not ideal, but it has worked pretty well for me.

For me it seems to be the depth of the bag (from the legs to the handle) where it won't fit in most putter wells. Even on my clicgear with the cozy attachment I have to use a bungie cord to get the straps to keep the bag on the cart. Either way, when I put it on a motor cart I have turned it about 45* to one side or the other and it seems to fit that way. Not ideal, but it has worked pretty well for me.

Yea I’d agree with you. Typically I can turn it slightly and it works fine but it’s really the only negative for the bag.

For those that might be looking for a bag, these are now $120 on Budget Golf before you apply the THP discount. Great price for this bag.

so I moved away from this bag because it is simply too heavy for me, but I gave it to a friend who needed a new bag and mostly uses a cart put likes to carry his bad to the range and he loves it. the bag is great in its category and is very well made for the price, but in the end, I need something lighter.

@Mancest, you still using this bag? Looking at the navy one, only concern is if it will ride on my Sun Mountain Reflex cart.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

@Mancest, you still using this bag? Looking at the navy one, only concern is if it will ride on my Sun Mountain Reflex cart.

Yup still using it, but can’t comment on how it will fit on a reflex cart. Fits my clicgear, but I have to use a bungie extender to secure it to it plus the cozie attachment (I use that for all stand bags to be fair).

Unfortunately, this one was just a non starter for me. I incorrectly assumed we were getting a cart bag, and didn't specify. @2bFast was the only one of us to catch that. I never walk, and it rides a little awkward in our carts, so it serves its purpose as a backup holding backup clubs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, this one was just a non starter for me. I incorrectly assumed we were getting a cart bag, and didn't specify. @2bFast was the only one of us to catch that. I never walk, and it rides a little awkward in our carts, so it serves its purpose as a backup holding backup clubs.

What color do you have?

What color do you have?

It's this one.
3598a34b726548f533c3bf1712b6d05a.jpg

Darn, this is the one I'm considering. Would look great with some maize headcovers.
a7c9f8fa42c5064a0d771644cab062a7.jpg

Haha... mine is used for spare clubs as well. Great looking bag, but a little awkward in the cart, and it's on the heavy side to be carrying. I'm getting too old to lug that kind of weight around. :D

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I walked 18 with it in Hawaii with Hicksta, and thought I was gonna die by the time we were done.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Darn, this is the one I'm considering. Would look great with some maize headcovers.
a7c9f8fa42c5064a0d771644cab062a7.jpg

Iwas givent the black one and thought it looked fantastic, but it was too heavy for me, I moved back to my old carry bag

Back