2017 Cleveland Golf Stand bag Review thread

With the storage and features this bag has, the extra 2lbs is nothing to me. You can literally fit a 6 pack in the drink slot. :D

then it's another 5 pounds heavier, but very much worth it

mancest did a great job with the initial review, and I won't bore you with the same thing, I'll stick to what I have not seen in this thread.

here is a picture of the black version of the bag, I myself think it is the best looking color of the bag, it looks fantastic.

one thing I noticed and love, is that the loop where you attach the towel is made of velcro, so you can stick your glove there while you putt. It might be simple, but this is something I used to have and that I was missing on my SM three5.
cBuQ1ttCIF6Gn2TxhH7X5JEsujhM3I3xJU6EHWeSsk0-3fUN4fbKAKprdTXqxW1Glmx4KgB7FlIoc6ZwLFoLJi5SexIFxIMlNnN2dACE4YLpJBUmK1HmmEB3bRox9hDBf4BOiYCHKYDiyeDmkAheI5MJDLyaY89xHg5FPf9Dees6TVTKQ12TA4iXDCCXKBJywKnYw4ujr-TLKT8ju-JhqTq31an0iRIJIWAR2lZyDJPf9V5yLSCJwzj63kP4m6hGtAEs1fjn_-uakQ3nXBVT9FBxEpiQQBUdK4S9UrA8H2fhww-cUIEJPJ1bBY_3wYqHDLmsyU1OuAkiwEbb5BGfs38rlDUIzmio60VTtCMOxtsQ59qd4agwT_U0CBX7OTFWlTiQi0vvyMG95Qd3RifUqYrcxsEPOzXJH5OrzrpIfxP_Sjs0NeSiu0y0L6hgMAZnrGZFQ7u_1LvTMTlvkKjQWnnHTt0O3HvZHBjOpXPkXjauXgE0jHQ7YHL2uL40eg9R9y4Bc542aynVikjuTPHgr02CQZpaJRtiJHfhY6t0AYgzq4lAe-8XF8dAS426xjAfXkHjPIUKisbHdLvE_0ys0BYOMMXkl9djDHE7IVJ7eBYBOyf4nYZr2g6grPL-rhmhGICl7KEFBugRa4VEVc6V3FR0cN1PUv04=w1688-h949-no

2BmpXe8qo5Gx4GzC1dUpCujAldm7_S5cMV9f6lzR-bSnGTaGWFfP7HTSUjl-SBgk8NrBrINTrGh7imDGMVz4ZRpAJse3VKmkao6vPypfG4VbSkgKl894D1ZEXGwbBZS0vj251cYk3LvqdGfcH6ylYdMDylhoeAuTBfr8bh8SOTw_ws2XU9tgens6pXqrU4AwHKkR1EyiRa94u4iT3lwII5xSTd0zE1klChz5uykbhXYZBpOvKOwo2eoY3LL5mSu_A74i12fiRKVxymFaRT7203ahyeLDCHBhk-F9zWTJRAPv0fPOVHB8KybtMMPDZAQlURB7oofQqMdoKRGFmeN4D_9Fcf9pjAl6b7KiQ1wITtofdosNvU_fKZuXSRorQLqOW4LllKwQr2SwnB9ZzI5UKN4-0qUcR4oLgic9vdZF2YiszZCuRLa1RNWqcG1EJM_UbupoNSX1H0CPhiW4hqli_uBrqlN3EYI2SiJBOAHpY42UG3_SU6qtupulZBDoFHt8J32Mxhc5RFOz9OQAG4v5KM2FDF2L_ZtfY-NnP3kG5v3-FLBUhoTCLXmf4UcB7eS4-u5ueGjGbI3BIBg7Kmt1-O1OvkDJ8amoKWoU-Dqt9YuX0UEAfdQvf05Qd_-dzTy16sjov0ktstyB84x4YZvfpGli0NTyFas9=w534-h949-no

the cooler pocket is huge, I was able to stick a very big water bottle in there, this bottle wouldn't fit in a car cupholder, yet it fits in here.

I carried it for 18 after work today, and I have to say the straps are very comfortable and super easy to put on. the adjustments are great, easy to make, just like any other stand bag or backpack.

there are tee loops on there, but they are useless, I started the round with 5 tees in there, this picture was taken on hole 5, and I didn't use any of them, so I assume the 3 tees fell down as I was walking.

I opted for the Cleveland staff bag as I currently exclusively use a cart bag and don't have a great range bag. That was originally my thought anyways. After receiving and looking it over it however, I will likely be rotating this out. I will want to see how it fits on our carts.

Looks:
This thing is beautiful, when I unpacked at home after the event the wife's first comment was the color combo. I would love to have a compliment of bags that match this. A cart, and Staff bag would look killer next to this. It's a durable nylon, with a quilted side, which looks classy, but modern. We had a range of color combos at the event, and while they all looked great, this color just stood out to me.

Features: I love the ample storage pouches: 6 zippered pockets for: rangefinder, beverage cooler, jewel/velvet lined pocket, a ball pocket and two general pouches. The large one on the left side is plenty enough for a pair of spikes and more. The molded handle on this I'm pretty sure is made of titanium(really molded plastic) I was seriously concerned about it not flexing enough to get in my case to fly home. It is durable enough I think the bag can be loaded down and no fear of it separating from the hull. The legs and hinge are sturdy and look like they are built to last. It's definitely built like a tank, but minus the weight.

Overall:
If you're looking for a budget friendly bag that is built right, this is definitely a consideration. Cleveland is the fly under the radar company. Everything they build is quality stuff and yet so few people even know they are still in business outside of their famous wedges. If they keep putting products like this out, people are going to have to start to noticing them for their gear too.

34bedb2d62514eda699859ff8933fd34.jpg
e05c47dcec3b3358cc2dd858aad71c87.jpg
e56590cc3232943068177953cd5f575f.jpg
d0ab3d2be0eb110319fc418254675e72.jpg
814f5f4c7a84264636525493a21afc0d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

yeah, I tried the tee slots over the weekend... not good. They are too large for my tees. Not sure what size tees would fit in there, maybe a good place to keep spare pencils?

yeah, I tried the tee slots over the weekend... not good. They are too large for my tees. Not sure what size tees would fit in there, maybe a good place to keep spare pencils?
Literally the worst thing about this entire bag.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I may have found a macguyver like solution. I took some spare Hickies tieless shoe laces (basically rubber zip ties that can be unhooked) and threaded them through the tee slots. Stuck a couple tees in and they seem to be in there pretty good now.

In my experience the only good tee holders are pretty much vertical on the bag and even then they need to have some elastic too them to hold on to the tees so they don't get knocked loose. Will report back how this backwoods solution works, but I have been known to do these things to get my equipment how I like it.

I may have found a macguyver like solution. I took some spare Hickies tieless shoe laces (basically rubber zip ties that can be unhooked) and threaded them through the tee slots. Stuck a couple tees in and they seem to be in there pretty good now.

In my experience the only good tee holders are pretty much vertical on the bag and even then they need to have some elastic too them to hold on to the tees so they don't get knocked loose. Will report back how this backwoods solution works, but I have been known to do these things to get my equipment how I like it.

honetly, I'd rather keep the tees in my pocket than do all that work, but let us know if that works. it's such a simple feature, I wonder how they could mess it up.

it's really not a big deal, as I don't think I'd ever use that however, I'm much more concerned about how comfortable it is to carry, and I have no complaints on that side so far.

dividers

dividers

I was saying to the guys this weekend, I have never got along with 14 way bags, I usually want a 4 way, give me a big hole where i can just throw the club in, I don't want to bother about where it goes.

well I found a way to arrange the clubs so I can see them all, and by the end of yesterday's round, I was getting used to it, maybe I'll change my mind on that, we'll see.

the only gripe I have, and maybe it's normal with 14 way bags, is that there really is only two slots that can accomodate the larger putter grip, you need to arange your clubs with that in mind.

2017 Cleveland Golf Stand bag Review thread

Got this out for two more rounds this weekend, first was riding, 2nd was walking. The bag is very deep from the legs to the handle, and I think it has helped to keep clubs from tangling but also makes it so you have to make some accommodations to use it. On the cart it has to be turned at an angle which actually worked well for me. made it easier to get to my towels and was easier getting to all the clubs.

Walking with it on my clicgear 8.0 it fit, but only because I tend to keep random stuff in my car. I use a cozy attachment from Clicgear and it works quite well for stand bags to keep from twisting. With this extra height on the bag I use a carabiner to connect the straps. Well that wasn't enough with how deep this bag is, so I luckily had a bright orange garage tie in my car. Looped it on and the straps were connected with my bag secure on the cart.

6fb99be73028b948e28905360bedd43c.jpg

821025e7b665140a9d5ec373c13b1eba.jpg

Off we went for 18 holes of pretty mediocre golf. Zero twisting, zero tangling and man this bag looks sharp.

I rode 18 yesterday and another 9 today and I'm really happy with this bag sitting in the cart. It's big enough to where it doesn't twist and move around and with the 14 way top and huge pockets, it would be pretty easy to pass this off as a cart bag.

I'd be interested to see how comfortable it is to walk with and see if it'll stay put on a push cart from a course with no straps.

Like everyone has said, the thing that I think is a big fail is the tee holders. I might have to run something through them like Roger did but I always keep a tee in my pocket and it's not a big deal to open a pocket and grab another one.

I have now carried this bag for 3 rounds and I have to say, the weight difference from my Sun Mountain three5 is noticeable, I feel like I am getting more tired by the end of the round than I used to be. I understand this is also a fitness issue, but like I said, the weight difference is obvious.

I also mentionned being a fan of a 4 or 5 way top, but I have to say, the 14 dividers are not as annoying as I expected. Still not ideal, as I find myself fighting with tangled clubs from time to time, but I think I could deal with that.

I'm really liking the bag so far. The straps are comfortable, there's a ton of storage space, the drink pocket will hold like a 6 pack, and the 14 way divider is awesome! :D

I'm really liking the bag so far. The straps are comfortable, there's a ton of storage space, the drink pocket will hold like a 6 pack, and the 14 way divider is awesome! :D

the straps are very comfortable indeed, wery well made

I have now carried this bag for 3 rounds and I have to say, the weight difference from my Sun Mountain three5 is noticeable, I feel like I am getting more tired by the end of the round than I used to be. I understand this is also a fitness issue, but like I said, the weight difference is obvious.

I also mentionned being a fan of a 4 or 5 way top, but I have to say, the 14 dividers are not as annoying as I expected. Still not ideal, as I find myself fighting with tangled clubs from time to time, but I think I could deal with that.

Yeah, one of my friends carries when we walk and he was checking the bag out. I told him it was 3lbs heavier than his current bag (3.5 like you). His interest diminished quickly.

For me it isn’t an issue, I only carry it to the range from my car and the extra storage is perfect on my push cart. The extra depth makes it a little more interesting to attach to a cart but it works.

If I carried all the time I would likely look at other options. For someone who is using a motor or push cart for most of their rounds and wants a stand option for the range I think this is an ideal choice.

Good looking golf bag.

Yeah, one of my friends carries when we walk and he was checking the bag out. I told him it was 3lbs heavier than his current bag (3.5 like you). His interest diminished quickly.

For me it isn’t an issue, I only carry it to the range from my car and the extra storage is perfect on my push cart. The extra depth makes it a little more interesting to attach to a cart but it works.

If I carried all the time I would likely look at other options. For someone who is using a motor or push cart for most of their rounds and wants a stand option for the range I think this is an ideal choice.

I think you are spot on, it is a great looking, bag, quality is there no doubt, but it is not exactly what I need in a bag. I am considering ordering the Srixon bag Zach had while we were there.

I think you are spot on, it is a great looking, bag, quality is there no doubt, but it is not exactly what I need in a bag. I am considering ordering the Srixon bag Zach had while we were there.

That was a good looking bag, 4 way top?

I walked 36 holes the other day and I was a lot more tired than I thought I'd be. I almost felt like my carry bag would have been lighter than this one. I will say the straps are very comfortable and the drink pouch really helped me out. Especially being able to reach in while I'm carrying the bag.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

first time using this bag in the (heavy) rain Sunday morning, a few things came out of it.

-I got lots of good comments about the looks of the bag, and how the materials look sturdy.
-the rain hood is light but waterproof, easy to install, okay to use, just as bad as any other.
-the dry valuable pocket felt very humid after the round, I don't know if it was left open or what, but my stuff wasn't dry

the main thing that stood out to me though is a design flaw, I brought an umbrella this time, but if you put the umbrella in the umbrella sleeve, the stand legs get stuck and do not deploy. maybe it is just my bag, but this seems like a big oversight to me.

I went back to my sun mountain three 5 for 3-4 round this week, and it is noticeably lighter, but I came back to the Cleveland bag for a lot of little things

I think the Cleveland bag looks significantly better.
The cooler beverage is fantastic, can hold a couple bottles of Gatorade easily.
The valuables pocket is much better, that divider is pure genius
I missed the velcro patch for the glove.
The rangefinder pocket is better.
The straps are more comfortable which kind of evens out the weight difference.

I went back to my sun mountain three 5 for 3-4 round this week, and it is noticeably lighter, but I came back to the Cleveland bag for a lot of little things

I think the Cleveland bag looks significantly better.
The cooler beverage is fantastic, can hold a couple bottles of Gatorade easily.
The valuables pocket is much better, that divider is pure genius
I missed the velcro patch for the glove.
The rangefinder pocket is better.
The straps are more comfortable which kind of evens out the weight difference.

I think if you are a carry guy... this bag is missing several things. I just spent 3 days in AZ playing 5 rounds and this bag was shining like a star in a dark sky. One, I was able to pack a whole bunch of stuff in it on the way down (travel humidor, 1 bottle of sun block, 2 large spray cans of sun block, cigar accessories, golf accessories, extra balls, 2 gloves etc). On the course I was able to load up the cooler pocket with waters or gatorade and it easily held 4 16oz bottles. It has the storage of a cart bag but with stand legs and a pretty comfortable shoulder strap system.

Would I want to carry it with all that stuff for 18 holes? No way, but carrying it from the car to the bag drop and bag it was ideal. It has also been great on my push cart (with the accessories I listed above) and I have not had any issues at all with tangling despite it not being full length dividers. I really think the extra depth of the bag (from the legs to the handle) give the grips the room to not get caught up with each other and the openings for the clubs are larger than most other bags I have used (and I have gone through a few....).

Will get something up here shortly but overall super happy with this bag, but for guys like MPlefty and one of my friends that is a walker that carries exclusively I would not recommend it for him just because of the weight.

I think if you are a carry guy... this bag is missing several things. I just spent 3 days in AZ playing 5 rounds and this bag was shining like a star in a dark sky. One, I was able to pack a whole bunch of stuff in it on the way down (travel humidor, 1 bottle of sun block, 2 large spray cans of sun block, cigar accessories, golf accessories, extra balls, 2 gloves etc). On the course I was able to load up the cooler pocket with waters or gatorade and it easily held 4 16oz bottles. It has the storage of a cart bag but with stand legs and a pretty comfortable shoulder strap system.

Would I want to carry it with all that stuff for 18 holes? No way, but carrying it from the car to the bag drop and bag it was ideal. It has also been great on my push cart (with the accessories I listed above) and I have not had any issues at all with tangling despite it not being full length dividers. I really think the extra depth of the bag (from the legs to the handle) give the grips the room to not get caught up with each other and the openings for the clubs are larger than most other bags I have used (and I have gone through a few....).

Will get something up here shortly but overall super happy with this bag, but for guys like MPlefty and one of my friends that is a walker that carries exclusively I would not recommend it for him just because of the weight.

Couldn't have said it any better. I mostly ride and when I don't, I take a cart to walk with and I found myself still using this bag over my Ogio cart bag.

The drink pocket fit 2 big Gatorade bottles with room to spare and kept them cool for my entire round yesterday. Honestly might try and play a round where I throw some ice in there and see how that drain hole works out.

It's been said before but I'll say it again, the split valuables pocket was something that I never knew I needed until now. Absolutely love that.

Couldn't have said it any better. I mostly ride and when I don't, I take a cart to walk with and I found myself still using this bag over my Ogio cart bag.

The drink pocket fit 2 big Gatorade bottles with room to spare and kept them cool for my entire round yesterday. Honestly might try and play a round where I throw some ice in there and see how that drain hole works out.

It's been said before but I'll say it again, the split valuables pocket was something that I never knew I needed until now. Absolutely love that.

One of the guys asked me about it and I told him it is basically a cart bag with stand legs and dual straps. The storage and weight put it in that category and the molded plastic handle is great for me. That handle along with the catch below the bag pocket and the molded portion at the top of bag made it super easy to move it in and out of the van where we had a bunch of bags in there.

I was riding yesterday for the first time in a while and have to say, this bag is awesome as a cart bag, the dividers are great, and the pockets are right where you want them to be. plu I had a six pack of beer with some ice in the coler pocket, it was still cold at the 14 when I took the last one out

Back