2017 New Year's Resolutions for improving your game - driving, approach, putting?

jjfcpa

Reaction score
Handicap
The New Year is almost here and time to set some resolutions for improving your golf game. Which of the following will you focus MOST on? And more importantly, how do you intend to improve in the area that you selected?

Driving
Approach
Putting

For me, it's simple... I'm going to focus on putting. As a goal, I'm going to try to keep my 3 putts to no more than 2 per round.

So how am I going to do this? Well, I've already started. Can't get outside during the winter months, so I've been putting in the basement on some short pile carpet. Similar to a very slow green. I've got enough room to putt any where from 5 feet to 25 feet so I can vary the distance. Pretty hard to get any breaks in there, but my carpet has a few that I've already discovered. My goal until I get outside is to make 50 putts a day.

I've purchased a set of these instead of using the kickback putting cups because I can put these any distance apart that I want and then just put back and forth. Works great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015OW49A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have to become more consistently accurate with my driver. I often hit my 5 wood or a long iron off the tee to avoid trouble and sacrifice a great deal of distance in the process, making the approach shots more challenging.

I'd like to work on approach - Trying to make my putts more make-able by being closer to start with.

I think I'd like to focus on approach and getting to the green. Mostly I want to focus on good contact and trying to get the ball to target

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I need to put in more focus on my putting.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

It's feast or famine for me with the driver. I need to get that dialed in asap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I choose everything? No? Then, it's the short game. On and around the green I'm horrible at the moment. Chipping and putting drills will be performed until I'm sick of them before April comes back around.

I want to focus more on my iron game. I really need to keep my tempo and not over swing. And it causes me to miss a lot more greens than I should on par 3's. Plus on shots from the fairway I tend to do it too just not as often. I plan on going to the range a lot more like I did while practicing for the MC. My ball striking hasn't been what it was then even with my irons though I feel like I'm hitting it further off the tee. That's why I don't seem to be improving. Been same HC since the MC depression set in and I lost a some strokes.

Learn how to hit it further with my driver and how to hit my irons better on a consistent basis

Approach shot for sure. My GIR % sucked this year. Even as my driving became pretty consistent, I wasted way to many shots to get to the green from there.

2 shots to go 400 yards and then 4 to go 75 yards is not ok with me.

I'm going back to the basics for 2017 and working on my technique. That should help out both my driving and my approaches.

Back to basics for me too. My setup is out of whack and I'm wasting a lot of shots. Generally my "reset button" when that happens is to work on shots inside 100y for a week or so and just focus on crisp, clean contact. Usually gets my full swing back into shape.

Since my miss is universal i need to keep working on the swing and that will solve driver and irons issues.

I think this year to make the biggest impact i need to work harder than ever before on my short game as its down right awful

2017 is the year for solid ball striking for me, I have had too many times that I pull myself out of a shot. Just bought a new net and matt and have it all set up in the garage for some long winter practice to start aiming for consistency

I'm starting with something small, never took a lesson. Went from playing baseball to the golf course and my grip has sucked from day 1 and I've never worked on fixing it until now. I have an aide that I've been taking practice swing with everyday in December and will do so all through January, then I head back to the course in February.

Chipping to at least 6-8 ft of pin and then having practiced those putts enough having confidence I will have a high percentage of making the putt!
Hoping my new steelhead XR irons will give me better feel and consistency.

Back