2017 Nor Cal v So Cal battle of the drought

Has Shanker popped in here to say he is in for this? If he has I have missed it. Personally, I think we need to get captains for both sides and get some things locked in (where and when primarily).

Sorry guys. May isn't going to work for me. I didn't post in here yet hoping there was a way I could make it work. We're having a baby in the middle of May so I'm going to have to bow out this year. I have no doubt that SoCal will represent well and bring the trophy back.

Sorry guys. May isn't going to work for me. I didn't post in here yet hoping there was a way I could make it work. We're having a baby in the middle of May so I'm going to have to bow out this year. I have no doubt that SoCal will represent well and bring the trophy back.

Congrats Tim. Definitely more important to be home than beating Nor Cal with rest of us. Until next time my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations man! No better reason than that to not be there. Hopefully you can sneak out and meet us for a beer at least. We haven't locked up a weekend yet, but will keep you posted of course.

Congrats brotha!

Congratulations! We'll bring that trophy home, no doubt.

Schanker;[URL="tel:4845497" said:
4845497[/URL]]Sorry guys. May isn't going to work for me. I didn't post in here yet hoping there was a way I could make it work. We're having a baby in the middle of May so I'm going to have to bow out this year. I have no doubt that SoCal will represent well and bring the trophy back.

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Congrats Schanker!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Congrats to you and your family Tim! You will be missed.

Congrats Tim! You will definitely be missed this year!

Congratulations! Your absence is completely understandable.

Regarding the competition, NorCal will prevail again this year so you won't be missing anything. Well, except for all of the laughs and good food.

Hey Guys! Sorry I've been MIA.
But you know I am in. I want the trophy back!

Oh and Congrats, Tim! That is awesome!!!

I was going to hit you up! Glad to see you're alive and kickin' :D

I have been thinking about our California group which I am proud to be a part of, from north to south we have some great guys to play with, thanks for your participation.

I have also been thinking about other games we could create to bring us even closer together. The Norcal v SoCal trophy obviously should be a goal for each side, but what if somehow during our meet up we created potential for two man teams one from north one from south who could play together for a common goal?

Just sounds fun to me to actually play with my SoCal brothers.

Just thinking out loud, what are your thoughts.

P.s. Regarding handicaps, post all your scores, good and bad, handicap equality is one of the reasons our get together works well. Being able to accurately put peeps together for the competition is key to the fun!

Ken

I have been thinking about our California group which I am proud to be a part of, from north to south we have some great guys to play with, thanks for your participation.

I have also been thinking about other games we could create to bring us even closer together. The Norcal v SoCal trophy obviously should be a goal for each side, but what if somehow during our meet up we created potential for two man teams one from north one from south who could play together for a common goal?

Just sounds fun to me to actually play with my SoCal brothers.

Just thinking out loud, what are your thoughts.

P.s. Regarding handicaps, post all your scores, good and bad, handicap equality is one of the reasons our get together works well. Being able to accurately put peeps together for the competition is key to the fun!

Ken

Mancest can confirm or deny but the set up for the Bridgestone championship was great. Interaction with both golfers contributing and made for exciting golf at the end. Definitely something that could happen.

Mancest can confirm or deny but the set up for the Bridgestone championship was great. Interaction with both golfers contributing and made for exciting golf at the end. Definitely something that could happen.

Thanks for the feedback Alez, I think it would be a fun addition to the large team event. Gives everybody a double shot at a trophy win.

So, what was her name? :glasses-cool:

Thanks for the feedback Alez, I think it would be a fun addition to the large team event. Gives everybody a double shot at a trophy win.
So, what you're saying is that you want to give SoCal a chance... :alien:

NorCal Vs SoCal remains unchanged and 6 months later (timeframe TBD) we hold a 2 man team event with teams comprised of 1 NorCal and 1 SoCal member. Correct or am I tracking like a broken VCR?

So, what was her name? :glasses-cool:

So, what you're saying is that you want to give SoCal a chance... :alien:

NorCal Vs SoCal remains unchanged and 6 months later (timeframe TBD) we hold a 2 man team event with teams comprised of 1 NorCal and 1 SoCal member. Correct or am I tracking like a broken VCR?

I was just thinking out loud for another proposed game during our weekend to make things more interesting/fun. Not two diff time frames, it would be hard to get peeps together.

I am sure something within the teams could be arranged, but would take some coordination to get teams planned out inside what is already a team event.

Could be cool and a good way to meet someone on the other side of the divide so to speak.

Personally I think the most important thing for this event is to get dates lined up and the courses decided on. Life happens quick, especially with the holidays coming up on us. We already have 19 people that have said they are in, so we definitely have numbers. Do we wait to see what the THP schedule for official events is, or do we pick a couple weekends and put it for the group to vote on?

After this year, my recommendation is to pick a weekend and have it that same weekend year in and year out so people can plan on it. We have adjusted the dates each of the last couple years, and as this will be the 3rd annual, making it concrete and getting it on peoples schedules seems prudent.

Just thoughts and would love to hear what others think.

regarding the location, Bayonet and Blackhorse would be a great choice, it is centrally located and has great accommodations near by that are very affordable if booked early. There are also other courses in the area which are cheaper to play that are grade "A." Great place for family stuff, wife stuff and golf stuff.

I was just thinking out loud for another proposed game during our weekend to make things more interesting/fun. Not two diff time frames, it would be hard to get peeps together.
Oh, and I was thinking of the 2 man team concept as a second event so that there would be 2 events available each year to help with scheduling.

regarding the location, Bayonet and Blackhorse would be a great choice, it is centrally located and has great accommodations near by that are very affordable if booked early. There are also other courses in the area which are cheaper to play that are grade "A." Great place for family stuff, wife stuff and golf stuff.

Yeah BBH would be great tracks to play and the surrounding area has something for everyone. Once you guys get the dates nailed down you'll definitely be able to book rooms at reasonable rates this far ahead of time. I'm bummed I won't be there, but I have nothing but good things to say about Bayonet and Black Horse!

I am sure something within the teams could be arranged, but would take some coordination to get teams planned out inside what is already a team event.

Could be cool and a good way to meet someone on the other side of the divide so to speak.

Personally I think the most important thing for this event is to get dates lined up and the courses decided on. Life happens quick, especially with the holidays coming up on us. We already have 19 people that have said they are in, so we definitely have numbers. Do we wait to see what the THP schedule for official events is, or do we pick a couple weekends and put it for the group to vote on?

After this year, my recommendation is to pick a weekend and have it that same weekend year in and year out so people can plan on it. We have adjusted the dates each of the last couple years, and as this will be the 3rd annual, making it concrete and getting it on peoples schedules seems prudent.

Just thoughts and would love to hear what others think.
I think the first weekend in May should be the offical date for our NorCal vs SoCal Event. Whether it be Pismo area or Monterey, it keeps more hotels rooms available for us as not as many vacationers will be out. I am throwing it out there to make it a 3 day event. Friday afternoon round, Saturday round and a Sunday morning round with trophy presentation afterwards.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I think the first weekend in May should be the offical date for our NorCal vs SoCal Event. Whether it be Pismo area or Monterey, it keeps more hotels rooms available for us as not as many vacationers will be out. I am throwing it out there to make it a 3 day event. Friday afternoon round, Saturday round and a Sunday morning round with trophy presentation afterwards.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I would love to make it a 3 day event, but I think that might limit participation. Adding the 3rd day is going to make the event more expensive (3 rounds instead of 2, and 2 nights minimum in a hotel instead of 1, more meals out) and means people will have to take a day off of work (assuming most of us work a standard Mon-Fri).

I was able to last year and would likely be able to in the future play 3 days ( I took Friday off last year and played a practice round with Pliny) so I am in, but others with kids and more family commitments might find it harder to use one of their vacation days and justify a more expensive weekend with their significant others. Not saying it wouldn't work, but as we only had a few guys play Friday in 2016 and most people coming in Saturday morning makes me think that Friday might be best as a practice round (if we go to Monterey in 2017 having a practice round at Poppy Hills or one of the Pebble properties) and then have the "event" rounds be Sat/Sunday.

That said, if we have 3 rounds at one facility and have groups staying for 2 nights, it might be easier to get discounted package deals overall so I could be full of it.

Back