2017 Solheim Cup Thread

Just finished catching up via DVR.

What a fantastic Solheim Cup. Any golf fan that didn't watch truly missed out.

The US has a new hero in Danielle Kang. That girl was lights out.

If there was one person I'd want to have the final put to clinch the cup, it'd be Christie Kerr. She just exudes complete confidence in her putting. I didn't expect that level of performance out of her.

Gerina Pillar continued her dominant play and Paula Creamer once again proves she belongs there.

On the Euro side, Mel Reid, Anna Nordqvist, Caroline Masson really impressed. But the most incredible performance had to be Catriona Matthew. Incredible performance for someone of her age and considering the fact she hadn't had all the prep. The Euros really fought hard and for a while there, it looked like there was a chance the impossible could happen.

Really impressed by the grace Annika showed, as usual. She deserves to be captain again.

I was going back and forth between this and the Wyndham. This was MUCH more exciting. Great golfing on both sides. USA!!

Fully agree with Wadesworld's comments. They put on quite a show. Let's not forget Lexi too. And the rookies on Team USA all look like they have bright futures.
And my new, as of the British Open, favorite female golfer Georgia Hall on the Euro side. Played in every match as a 21 year old rookie and, even though she didn't have her best yesterday, was damn impressive the first 2 days and fought hard despite not having her best yesterday.

Paula Creamer may be to the Solheim Cup, what Ian Poulter is to the Ryder Cup.

i think it's funny how these team competitions become more about the team and country pride than the players. i would never cheer for christie kerr or stacey lewis in an individual event. but doggone if i didn't pump my fist for them during the solheim cup!

Paula Creamer played awesome. And Danielle Kang? Wow!! She started out hot in the first match, and didn't cool off til after the final putt dropped. Phenomenal playing.

i think it's funny how these team competitions become more about the team and country pride than the players. i would never cheer for christie kerr or stacey lewis in an individual event. but doggone if i didn't pump my fist for them during the solheim cup!

I still found it pretty easy to not root for Lewis. Ugh.

:)

So what's the deal with Piller. She always seems to be on these teams but has never had a win?

2017 Solheim Cup Thread

So what's the deal with Piller. She always seems to be on these teams but has never had a win?

In the 2015 singles matches Piller made the most clutch up and down of her life on the 18th hole to keep U.S. hopes alive. If she missed, Europe would’ve retained the cup. But she made a 10-footer to save par and earn the full point allowing the US hopes to continue and capture the Cup.
Her overall record is 5-4-2 for 3 Cups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the 2015 singles matches Piller made the most clutch up and down of her life on the 18th hole to keep U.S. hopes alive. If she missed, Europe would’ve retained the cup. But she made a 10-footer to save par and earn the full point allowing the US hopes to continue and capture the Cup.
Her overall record is 5-4-2 for 3 Cups.

Yeah, she's one of the stronger players recently. You sure you're thinking about the right player fupresti?

Yeah, she's one of the stronger players recently. You sure you're thinking about the right player fupresti?

Yeah, Piller has ZERO wins on the LPGA Tour. I just find that weird that she;s good enough to make the squad yet has never closed out a tournament with a win.

Yeah, Piller has ZERO wins on the LPGA Tour. I just find that weird that she;s good enough to make the squad yet has never closed out a tournament with a win.

I believe they earn points over two years and she has been consistent week in and week out for awhile. She has as many wins as Lewis, Wie and Creamer since the last Solheim Cup.

I get you now. Thought you meant zero wins in the SCup. Yep no wins on tour, but earns enough points to make the team. Some just seem to like the team event and format. Like Poulter for the Europeans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's look at who wins most of the LPGA tournaments, particularly majors.... they are not eligible to play in this event. Only one player (Lexi) is in the world top 10 from this event. Most are from Asia and Brooke Henderson from Canada. It is not like the PGA where the US dominates quite a bit, then Europe would be next and then the rest of the world takes a few.

Oh, gotcha. I thought you were referring to Solheim Cup wins, not LPGA Tour wins. As emart points out, you don't have to necessarily win tournaments to qualify. You just have to earn enough points. She's been close a lot, and that's good enough to get her the points she needs.

Back