2018 BMW Championship

Well congrats to KB. JRose not exactly the way you envision taking world number 1, but that's an awesome accomplishment by him.

Pretty solid consolation prize. Has to at least take a bit of the sting off of it.

Pretty solid consolation prize. Has to at least take a bit of the sting off of it.

really liked his interview there. It's 'boyhood dreams."

Wow, Jonny tearing up for KB..... nice.

Poor DJ. Loses world number 1 and Paulina scrubs him from her instagram account.

i would love to see keegan bradley have a good tournament

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i got my wish! man how can you not be excited for someone that showed that much joy and relief when he won? even got johnny miller a little teary-eyed. what a great finish.

really liked his interview there. It's 'boyhood dreams."

Yeah. I like Rose a lot, just not when he wears the stupid sunglasses.

So, with Bradley on top of 1, and near the top in another playoff event, does he merit some consideration with his Ryder Cup history? If not, what's the point of the "Horschel Rule"?

I'll caveat this with that I think they should pick all 4 of the captains picks at the same time, and the Horschel rule is dumb

Poor DJ. Loses world number 1 and Paulina scrubs him from her instagram account.

Sad stuff - scrubbed by Paulina at least means you were able to enjoy Paulina.

As a mentor told me, there's always another stock, always another piece of real estate, and always another woman.

Yes we will. He just isn't the same Tiger as he was. And I don't understand why people expect him to be. He has had a lot of injuries and he is getting older.

Plus, everyone around him is good.

But he is playing good golf, and that's good for the game.

Oh, he's the same Tiger, he's just gotta find it deep down inside and bring it out again.

Not sure what you mean by "everyone around him his good". Everyone around him was good when he won his 79 PGA Tour events and 14 Major Championships. That much hasn't changed.

Oh, he's the same Tiger, he's just gotta find it deep down inside and bring it out again.

Not sure what you mean by "everyone around him his good". Everyone around him was good when he won his 79 PGA Tour events and 14 Major Championships. That much hasn't changed.

You may think that but I disagree. I think the competition now is higher. There are a lot more golfers that could win every week than there was back in his heyday

You may think that but I disagree. I think the competition now is higher. There are a lot more golfers that could win every week than there was back in his heyday

According to Wikipedia (yeah, I know it's not all that reliable, but I don't wanna search elsewhere right now), the breakdown 2000 (Tiger's best year) had 34 different winners in 49 events and 2018 has had 36 different winners in 48 events (so far).

While there are far more multi-event winners in 2018, the argument can be made that if Tiger hadn't hogged 9 of the wins to himself, some of those guys that won other events would have won multiple events or maybe others would have broken through to win. Either wa, 34/49 is not significantly different from 36/48 (or even 37/49 should a first time winner emerge from East Lake).

9 Tiger
2 Allenby
4 Mickelson
2 Begay
2 Jesper
2 Sutton

3 Thomas
2 Rose
2 Day
2 Kizzire
2 Molinari
3 DJ
3 Bubba
3 Bryson
2 Koepka

Runners up included:

Els
Gogel/Singh
Love III
Els/Leonard
Els/Jiminez
Bjorn/Els
May
Leonard/P. Price
Waite

With that, it's fairly certain that 2000 would have had more winners than 2018 if Tiger had only won 1 event. It's not that there wasn't talent out there. Tiger just hoarded all the wins.

There are not many that would disagree with you. The tour (like everything else) is deeper now than it ever has been.

Then add in how much better the equipment is, Ball is, etc. hence the reason courses are longer and harder than they have ever been.

Well there is at least one person haha

Well, c'mon. You've said you think the competition is stronger now. Tell us why you think that. Throw down some stats. Anyone can think something. It's much more believable when they can explain why the believe it.

He's not the same Tiger and a different era. He's 42 now with a surgically repaired back and a revamped swing. The other players are younger and in the condition that he was when he was younger when a lot of the others players weren't. Most hit it as far or further than him now too.

He's not the same Tiger and a different era. He's 42 now with a surgically repaired back and a revamped swing. The other players are younger and in the condition that he was when he was younger when a lot of the others players weren't. Most hit it as far or further than him now too.

Well, he is the same Tiger. With a (better?) revamped swing. If he weren't the same Tiger, he'd be trying for his 1st Major Championship and not his 15th. :clown:

According to https://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.101.html most don't hit it as far or further than he does. He's T32/194.

I just wonder what the excuse is gonna be once he's back at #1.

Well, he is the same Tiger. With a (better?) revamped swing. If he weren't the same Tiger, he'd be trying for his 1st Major Championship and not his 15th. :clown:

According to https://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.101.html most don't hit it as far or further than he does. He's T32/194.

I just wonder what the excuse is gonna be once he's back at #1.

If that was true he would have won by now don't ya think? Wasn't he pretty much the longest in his prime? 32nd isn't first and the top 50 are all within 10 yards of each other nowadays. You do get the superfan award though. Tough decision between you and Cobra

If that was true he would have won by now don't ya think? Wasn't he pretty much the longest in his prime? 32nd isn't first and the top 50 are all within 10 yards of each other nowadays. You do get the superfan award though. Tough decision between you and Cobra

Yes. He was 2nd in 2000, only to John Daly.
Now he is 32nd. Ironically enough, he hits it 5 yards further now (based on those stats).
In fact every player inside the top 80+ hits it further than he did in 2000.
The 80th ranked player back in 2000, was 25 yards behind him.

Yes. He was 2nd in 2000, only to John Daly.
Now he is 32nd. Ironically enough, he hits it 5 yards further now (based on those stats).
In fact every player inside the top 80+ hits it further than he did in 2000.
The 80th ranked player back in 2000, was 25 yards behind him.
Thanks for confirming that, JB. I guess it's a moot point though since he's the same old Tiger destined for #1 again in no time.

Oh, I wasn't saying that his driving distance was a sign that he's "back" or a sign that he'll win. I was just disproving the statement above that most hit it as far or further than he does.

Top 50 within 10 yards of each other is a real stretch. Actually, that's being conservative. It's just not accurate. Top 14 are within 10 yards of each other. Top 50 are ~19 yards apart.

Back