2018 UST Mamiya PROFORCE V2

Got the 3W back and the utility proto as well. Will have an opportunity to play two days in a row Thurs and Fri so excited to give these boys a run!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played 18 today; marked the first time I picked up a club in three weeks. Doubled the first four holes and went through just about every bad shot you can imagine. Then somehow ended up shooting an 87.

Before my brief hiatus I was struggling with the driver and was using hybrid off the tee (didn’t really need to pull driver)

But I hit 6/8 on holes I pulled driver today. On one hole I was over 320 with some downhill help, 44 to the flag. One par 5 I had 5 iron in, on another a 7 iron. Was really mashing it and can’t say enough about how steady the 7F5 is, let’s me go after it without worry.

Played 18 today; marked the first time I picked up a club in three weeks. Doubled the first four holes and went through just about every bad shot you can imagine. Then somehow ended up shooting an 87.

Before my brief hiatus I was struggling with the driver and was using hybrid off the tee (didn’t really need to pull driver)

But I hit 6/8 on holes I pulled driver today. On one hole I was over 320 with some downhill help, 44 to the flag. One par 5 I had 5 iron in, on another a 7 iron. Was really mashing it and can’t say enough about how steady the 7F5 is, let’s me go after it without worry.

I feel like I am in the same boat. Struggling with driver, I get this club in my hands and it is like I don't how to swing it. I am still sold on this shaft for me. It fits me well and I need to keep it in play.

I widened my stance a bit and that seemed to help but I need to hit the range with that in mind before I consider my driver problems solved...

Anyone tried the 6F3 in their driver ? I have the 5F3 and it seems a bit tip loose and dispersion isn’t very good. Tried the 6F4 and it was too firm and low launching for me. Hoping the heavier 6F3 might be the ticket for me. I want the launch of the 5F3 but a little more stable.

Anyone tried the 6F3 in their driver ? I have the 5F3 and it seems a bit tip loose and dispersion isn’t very good. Tried the 6F4 and it was too firm and low launching for me. Hoping the heavier 6F3 might be the ticket for me. I want the launch of the 5F3 but a little more stable.

Nope....6F4 Tour version here and I love it. Very tight and stable, ability to swing hard when needed without it getting whippy. Dispersion is scary good...when I swing it well I can tell you exactly where its going...even on cut shots.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think I have the same issue. I went 5F4. 6F4 is just a little too firm for me as well.

I think I have the same issue. I went 5F4. 6F4 is just a little too firm for me as well.
I have the 6F4 and it seems too whippy to me. So, I bought the 6F5. Had to order an adapter today so I can't try it until next week.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I have the 6F4 and it seems too whippy to me. So, I bought the 6F5. Had to order an adapter today so I can't try it until next week.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

#BeastMode

I’ve got the standard V2 7F5 in my F8+ driver and the 8F5 in my Rogue 3W, I went a combined 8/10 FIR today while hitting driver and 3W. That’s phenomenal for me! One of the misses was just a few feet in the first cut and the other was just the one really loose swing I made on the tee today. The results the last few rounds are pretty hard to ignore at this point. I very much prefer the feel of my Attas 6Star, but at this point I gotta stick with what kept me in the fairway 80% of the time today.
I tested the 7F5 today in the F8 and just couldn't get over how heavy it felt compared to my epic or the elements shaft I ended up with. Even though the elements shaft is 13 grams heavier. Didn't give a good sensation at impact for my flavor.

I tested the 7F5 today in the F8 and just couldn't get over how heavy it felt compared to my epic or the elements shaft I ended up with. Even though the elements shaft is 13 grams heavier. Didn't give a good sensation at impact for my flavor.

Totally get what you’re saying, but my gamer shaft has been an 8X Coool so this one doesn’t feel that heavy. The feel isn’t there compared to the Elements and Attas lines. You really can feel which shafts are made of the higher modulus materials.

With the new V2 in my Epic 3W I'm curious about adjusting the clubhead loft and what this might result in. It's currently set at 15 and standard and I might mess with that a bit. One of the things I have been working on especially with my F8 in the 7F5 was bettering my angle of attack and launch angle. AOA is pretty steep on most clubs and 3W is no different. All that being said, increasing the loft would promote a higher ball flight? Right now its not terrible but I feel like there's still some distance out there for me. I regularly hit my 3W very solid and the feel of the 8F5 makes me even more confident with it.

With the new V2 in my Epic 3W I'm curious about adjusting the clubhead loft and what this might result in. It's currently set at 15 and standard and I might mess with that a bit. One of the things I have been working on especially with my F8 in the 7F5 was bettering my angle of attack and launch angle. AOA is pretty steep on most clubs and 3W is no different. All that being said, increasing the loft would promote a higher ball flight? Right now its not terrible but I feel like there's still some distance out there for me. I regularly hit my 3W very solid and the feel of the 8F5 makes me even more confident with it.
Man I love my epic 3 wood......curious how it works for you.

Man I love my epic 3 wood......curious how it works for you.

The Epic in general has been a monster for me. I can comfortably play blues on my home course with it all the way around at 6800. But with the new V2 in it, and possibly a higher ball flight I might just make the adjustment. Playing 18 on Sunday and I'll likely swap it to 16 instead of the standard 15.

Bought a Titleist 915 D2 driver from Budget Golf's summer clearance. Played a few holes with the stock shaft in and didnt' care for it. Found a 6F4 V2 for a good price and put that bad boy in before league on Wednesday night and all I can say is WOW WOW WOW HOLY S**T WOW. I love this combination. My playing group was floored with how well I was hitting the ball of the tee. It does a feel a bit whippy but I can't argue with the results. Everything was mid/high launch and flying straight.

I think I have a nice combo for the future.

Playing 18 today, really going to focus on the setup for my Epic 3W. Will hit a few drivers but will focus mostly on 3W and 3H with the new UST shafts. Will report back

This thing is just refusing to be removed from my driver. It’s just so stable and predictable and it’s keeping me in the fairway a TON right now!

0cbaeb526703ae9bb85f6966158678d6.jpg

Bought a Titleist 915 D2 driver from Budget Golf's summer clearance. Played a few holes with the stock shaft in and didnt' care for it. Found a 6F4 V2 for a good price and put that bad boy in before league on Wednesday night and all I can say is WOW WOW WOW HOLY S**T WOW. I love this combination. My playing group was floored with how well I was hitting the ball of the tee. It does a feel a bit whippy but I can't argue with the results. Everything was mid/high launch and flying straight.

I think I have a nice combo for the future.
If you like the 6F4 V2 but feel it's a little whippy you may want to find the Tour version of that same shaft. There may not be many Tour versions up for resale, so you may end up needing to ask Danny about them.

I have the 6F5 Tour version and it is anything but whippy. Great stable shaft!

ef7b7bbe66f505d660e3f3f47c7f1cdd.jpg

Last edited:
Just realized I never posted a pic of the new V2 in my 3W. No better time than a fresh grip

c361adae1df0c017746225f319fafd4f.jpg

1ab873ac64c708d1dd7f68d3643ab12a.jpg

Just realized I never posted a pic of the new V2 in my 3W. No better time than a fresh grip

c361adae1df0c017746225f319fafd4f.jpg

1ab873ac64c708d1dd7f68d3643ab12a.jpg

I wish the V2 felt better to me, it's such a good looking shaft. The weighting just felt a little weird to me, balance of shaft I should say.

2018 UST Mamiya PROFORCE V2

Put the 5F4 in my Rogue Draw Driver and it was like the driver got ignited.
Had my best FIR and longest Yard Average per Drive yesterday. Absolutely bombarded the fairways. I knew the shaft was right when I drove 270 on my first hole. Great way to start a round. This shaft is staying in my driver for the near future.

Its extremely stable. Really didn’t send it all over the course. Really straight for me.

My 3 longest drives on Sunday:

4da7058e6f03b66713248526816dc47c.jpg

Put the 5F4 in my Rogue Draw Driver and it was like the driver got ignited.
Had my best FIR and longest Yard Average per Drive yesterday. Absolutely bombarded the fairways. I knew the shaft was right when I drove 270 on my first hole. Great way to start a round. This shaft is staying in my driver for the near future.

Its extremely stable. Really didn’t send it all over the course. Really straight for me.

My 3 longest drives on Sunday:

4da7058e6f03b66713248526816dc47c.jpg

Did you ever try the 5F3 or 6F3? Curious how they compared to the 5F4.
I had the 5F3 in my Epic and the t800 HZRDUS 5.5 was better for me. 5F3 had a terrible two way miss and tip seemed sloppy.

I’ve hit the 6F3 in my M3 and liked it better but pondering the 5F4. The 6F4 was way too much shaft for my 90ish swing speed.

Did you ever try the 5F3 or 6F3? Curious how they compared to the 5F4.
I had the 5F3 in my Epic and the t800 HZRDUS 5.5 was better for me. 5F3 had a terrible two way miss and tip seemed sloppy.

I’ve hit the 6F3 in my M3 and liked it better but pondering the 5F4. The 6F4 was way too much shaft for my 90ish swing speed.

I did not - I bought 6F4 from @Madi05 and I really liked it however I had the same issue that you had - I had great control but I lacked a little distance.
Plus with my "Violent" Swing I knew I need a F4 - I have a VA Slay in a R Flex and I experienced the same thing you did, terrible two way miss and tip seemed sloppy.

So I ordered a 5F4 - Interesting enough, I received a 5F4 HL by error. I told the person that I bought it from that I would try it - Ah-Uh, that did not work - Too loose in the tip.
So they let me keep the HL version and sent me the 5F4.
Too bad I didn't really get a proper fitting - Would have liked to tried the PROFORCE V2 TOUR 6F3

I did not - I bought 6F4 from @Madi05 and I really liked it however I had the same issue that you had - I had great control but I lacked a little distance.
Plus with my "Violent" Swing I knew I need a F4 - I have a VA Slay in a R Flex and I experienced the same thing you did, terrible two way miss and tip seemed sloppy.

So I ordered a 5F4 - Interesting enough, I received a 5F4 HL by error. I told the person that I bought it from that I would try it - Ah-Uh, that did not work - Too loose in the tip.
So they let me keep the HL version and sent me the 5F4.
Too bad I didn't really get a proper fitting - Would have liked to tried the PROFORCE V2 TOUR 6F3

I thought about trying the HL model but A. I don't like the red, and B. figured it might feel looser than the normal V2 in the same flexes.

thanks for the reply. I was going to buy one last night with the 15% ebay sale but didn't.
I have a HZRDUS Red 5.5 I want to try on the course first.

f9544b6b6c6631df9780a860b69ea2dd.jpg

Played another 18 this morning and probably was the most consistent off the tee I’ve been all year. V2 in both the F8 and Epic 3W were so solid, I can’t gush enough about those shafts.

I didn’t see a Utility Proto thread so I’ll plug my hybrid shaft here also. Just as sturdy as the V2, maybe a bit softer but really gets the ball UP, which I love.

95de3d46e4e09529f9825f25ffd54575.jpg

Hit the 3H here on a short P4 251, had 53 in. On another hole with a bit of downhill slope hit is 264. Ball jumps off the face. UST doing big things off the tee for me for sure!

Back