2019 5th Annual California Classic (Unofficial)

2019 5th Annual California Classic (Unofficial)

• Northern California

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Central California

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Southern California

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't miss this. This thing has been a huge part of my life last 5 years, I can't see myself missing it.
So where are we with the planning? Central Coast still? LP and Monarch?
Do we know when?
Sorry I've been so inactive, I have no idea what's going on. I even forgot who the captains are going to be.

I can't miss this. This thing has been a huge part of my life last 5 years, I can't see myself missing it.
So where are we with the planning? Central Coast still? LP and Monarch?
Do we know when?
Sorry I've been so inactive, I have no idea what's going on. I even forgot who the captains are going to be.
I don't think we ever picked captains

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I don't think we ever picked captains

I thought we picked you as the next SoCal Capt... no? or was it Alex...?
I don't know anything anymore. I feel like a newb!

Does anyone know what is the Location and Dates for this year's event?

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Great Gif
b7c8199c94565d22f7b2141e6605fd42.jpg

Well I thought we decided on Central California. La Purisma and Monarch courses. Jockos for Dinner.
I'm not sure when we will have this again. No clue.

A lot of us are playing in Tahoe in about a month. I think after that event we should start planning this.

Even though this event is on back burner and a lot of you are going up to Lake Tahoe less than a month (jealous!), I still want to kinda keep this on people's minds as well.

-So looking back on first 5 pages or so, I believe we have decided to go back to Central California; especially LP and Monarch. We will reach out to those courses as it gets closer.
-As far as when, let's hope that the timing allows us to play this year if not Spring of 2020. But I want to get this going in November, sometime before Thanksgiving. (but that's just me)
-New Captains: Let's keep the trend going and let the last year's Captains and Assistant Captains choose the 5th California Classics'.
So mr.hicksta, Campbell Toe, SourMash and Sandiegonative , please choose your successors. (even if you're not participating in this)

I know it's not much right now but at least it's not fully dead.

what's 100% sure thing right now is of course Jocko's!

Even though this event is on back burner and a lot of you are going up to Lake Tahoe less than a month (jealous!), I still want to kinda keep this on people's minds as well.

-So looking back on first 5 pages or so, I believe we have decided to go back to Central California; especially LP and Monarch. We will reach out to those courses as it gets closer.
-As far as when, let's hope that the timing allows us to play this year if not Spring of 2020. But I want to get this going in November, sometime before Thanksgiving. (but that's just me)
-New Captains: Let's keep the trend going and let the last year's Captains and Assistant Captains choose the 5th California Classics'.
So mr.hicksta, Campbell Toe, SourMash and Sandiegonative , please choose your successors. (even if you're not participating in this)

My Nov is open I believe!

I have no plans in November. I have been quiet as it seems there has been a few of us that have pushed this in the past and not a lot of traction lately. Even if it’s only a couple of groups heading out each day that would be cool.

Don't see any reason I couldn't make november work. any excuse to get to Jocko's is great for me.

Don't see any reason I couldn't make november work. any excuse to get to Jocko's is great for me.

November is a distinct possibility for me. Any excuse to hang out in the SLO area of Cali is worth the trip

I heard that Captain Greg has reached out to one of SoCal players to take over his throne...
Who ever the next Captains are, I'd be happy!

I heard that Captain Greg has reached out to one of SoCal players to take over his throne...
Who ever the next Captains are, I'd be happy!

You stole my thunder - we have our 2019 SoCal California Classic leadership team!

San Diego's coolest cat @ken_h will be the SoCal Captain for 2019, and he'll be joined by the Moorpark Madman, @mike27t, as co-captain. Woohoo!

Ken and Mike are great guys and will do a great job helping the good guys defend the trophy. I'll let them chime in from here, but as long as scheduling allows I plan to join the squad in November as an expat.

Yo Norcal, who you got?

Captain Ken!!!! Nice ring to it.

Thanks guys! Excited to be the captain for SoCal this year! Once NorCal has their captain figured out I think we need to decide on a date ASAP so we can get courses figured out and hotel reservations made, etc.

It sounds like people are thinking November, which is cool with me as long as it's not the weekend of the 2nd-3rd. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Officially Congrats Captain Ken and Co-Capt Tenk.
We will do our best to keep the Trophy here.

Hey Mike27t, this means you can't abandon me and move to Texas. Sorry... this clinches it. You are staying in Cali. :devil:

oh and last year's MVP iCorso says hello and he will be rejoining us this year!

Hopefully, I can make it work come November and rep Team NorCal. Work travel schedule may impact, but said schedule up in the air as of now.

You stole my thunder - we have our 2019 SoCal California Classic leadership team!

San Diego's coolest cat @ken_h will be the SoCal Captain for 2019, and he'll be joined by the Moorpark Madman, @mike27t, as co-captain. Woohoo!

Ken and Mike are great guys and will do a great job helping the good guys defend the trophy. I'll let them chime in from here, but as long as scheduling allows I plan to join the squad in November as an expat.

Yo Norcal, who you got?

Thanks guys! Excited to be the captain for SoCal this year! Once NorCal has their captain figured out I think we need to decide on a date ASAP so we can get courses figured out and hotel reservations made, etc.

It sounds like people are thinking November, which is cool with me as long as it's not the weekend of the 2nd-3rd. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Congrats Ken!!! Team SoCal is in great hands with you at the helm. Greg showed us the recipe for success last year and I will support you with whatever necessary to try and replicate it. At a minimum we know were going to have a great time!!!

Officially Congrats Captain Ken and Co-Capt Tenk.
We will do our best to keep the Trophy here.

Hey Mike27t, this means you can't abandon me and move to Texas. Sorry... this clinches it. You are staying in Cali. :devil:

HAHA.. All the wheels are in motion to make the move. Just executing on the details from here on out. Looking forward to some practice rounds with you.

Back