2019 PING G410 Fairway Woods, Hybrids and Crossovers

The 410 hybrid is proving to be exactly what I was hoping. Playing the 19 degree on the +1 and flat hosel setting.
Two stand out shots from this past weekends round:
9th hole par 5: 220 straight up hill to the green. Hit it from the right rough to the front edge of the green. Didn’t think I could get that close and it was a beauty.
13th par 5: second shot from 225, down wind a little. Hit a high cut over a large tree between me and the green. Landed on the front edge and I had an easy 20 footer for eagle. Missed it, but tap in birds are always nice.
Big, big fan of the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019 PING G410 Fairway Woods, Hybrids and Crossovers

The 410 hybrid is proving to be exactly what I was hoping. Playing the 19 degree on the +1 and flat hosel setting.
Two stand out shots from this past weekends round:
9th hole par 5: 220 straight up hill to the green. Hit it from the right rough to the front edge of the green. Didn’t think I could get that close and it was a beauty.
13th par 5: second shot from 225, down wind a little. Hit a high cut over a large tree between me and the green. Landed on the front edge and I had an easy 20 footer for eagle. Missed it, but tap in birds are always nice.
Big, big fan of the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! Damn good clubs, love mine. Be sure to update the thread on the hybrids here too! Review is in the OP as well!

PING G410 Hybrid Review
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...om/forum/showthread.php?t=114322&share_type=t

I pulled the Crossover out for a little fun today. It remains an unbelievably fun club to hit for tee shots and goes a country mile. I really need to find a way to get it back in the bag. Maybe a set change?

I got fitted for a 9* G410 driver a few weeks ago and it has been phenomenal. I went back last week because I haven’t ever found a club that fits between my Apex 3 hybrid (215-220 carry) and driver (270ish carry) that I could hit consistently enough to actually use. After a bit of testing it looks like the G410 5 wood is going to fit that bill nicely. It was launching nice and high with a steep descent which is exactly what I wanted, and was carrying around 240. On a few swings when I tried really going after it I managed over 250 carry and had around 160mph ball speed which is about what my previous driver was giving me. Every fairway wood I’ve ever tried has been prone to hook so if that starts cropping up with this one the flat setting may come in handy. The only hooks I had during the fitting were when I was swinging too hard and also hit it towards the toe which is a big improvement for me. Mine should be here in a few days and I can’t wait!

I need to try the 3 wood as my current is not working out well.

Has anyone tried out the G410 3w with the Tensei orange shaft? I got to try the G410 SFT today. Getting 23 yard peak height off the deck with about 3800 rpm average spin with the Wilson practice balls in the bay. Total distance for me was right around 200 average. Carry averages around 178 if I recall. I did not have my Epic Flash with me but I feel like it might be a bit shorter than I'm used too. Distances were really consistent however. They didn't have an R shaft Tensei orange around for me to try but I would be curious to know if that shaft might actually work better. I use and love the stock Alta in my hybrids. I'm not sure what my ideal spin numbers should be for a 3 wood off the desk.

I know the G410 fairways aren't distance monsters and I'd be into switching for the consistency alone as long as I can get my gapping right

I made the jump tonight. I went with the G410 standard 3w. I took my Epic Flash to PGASS to do some head to head. The G410 is clearly head and shoulders above the Epic Flash in consistency. In roughly 10 shots each and throwing out the obviously bad ones, I gained @ 5 mph in ball speed and 19 yards of total distance over the Flash. Mishits on the Flash were punishing for me but just like my G410 hybrids, this club was just so easy to hit. To gain consistency and distance gains made this a no brainer to make the switch. Now I sort of feel like I need to consider the driver as well.

Pondering on the 5wood to replace my 2 UDI. It's in the cart and ready to go. This will probably happen tomorrow morning.

Pondering on the 5wood to replace my 2 UDI. It's in the cart and ready to go. This will probably happen tomorrow morning.
Why wait hit the buy button now!

I made the jump tonight. I went with the G410 standard 3w. I took my Epic Flash to PGASS to do some head to head. The G410 is clearly head and shoulders above the Epic Flash in consistency. In roughly 10 shots each and throwing out the obviously bad ones, I gained @ 5 mph in ball speed and 19 yards of total distance over the Flash. Mishits on the Flash were punishing for me but just like my G410 hybrids, this club was just so easy to hit. To gain consistency and distance gains made this a no brainer to make the switch. Now I sort of feel like I need to consider the driver as well.

Did you get a chance to try different shafts ? If so, please share your opinion. Thank you.

Did you get a chance to try different shafts ? If so, please share your opinion. Thank you.
I did not. I'm not really a fan of the Tour shaft. Its a bit stiffer than I like. I didn't think to try the Tensei Orange in it while I was there since that would have been the only other option that could have potentially worked for me. I frankly like the feel and weight balance in the stock Alta. That shaft has been so much of an improvement in my hybrids. Extending that into my 3w was virtually automatic for me. Ping thinks that the Tensei orange launches a bit higher than the Alta. I didn't do the direct compare but I'm not sure any higher launch would have been beneficial for me.

The Alta was a bit more penetrating for me. If I remember right I was launching an average of 12.8 degrees. My Epic Flash was launching over 16 degrees. I had been playing my Flash at 16* and was hitting the G410 at stock 14.5. Since I demoed the SFT a couple of days ago in the 16 degree setting it was still beating my Flash by a 10-11 yard average but still shorter than the distance gains I got with the stock 14.5. I was also seeing about 700 less rpm of spin on the regular head versus the SFT and about 3-400 less than the Flash.

Back