2019 Srixon Z-STAR and Z-STAR XV Golf Balls

Ordered 4 dozen off of Budget Golf today!

well they got me

BOGO was too hard to pass up, got 2 dozen Z-Star XV Yellow w/ ssseeeeeerrrrrrmmmmm

You can always count on THP’ers to go on a feeding frenzy for a killer sale on a stellar product....I’d love to know just how many dozens of Z Stars and QST’s have been gobbled up by forum members this week. Haha!

I’m gonna go with a TON!

You can always count on THP’ers to go on a feeding frenzy for a killer sale on a stellar product....I’d love to know just how many dozens of Z Stars and QST’s have been gobbled up by forum members this week. Haha!

I’m gonna go with a TON!

I was thinking the same thing! Crazy not to jump on such an awesome deal

There's gonna be a lot of serm on the course.

I was thinking the same thing! Crazy not to jump on such an awesome deal

There's gonna be a lot of serm on the course.

Huh huh...you said Serm.

I picked up a couple dozen from Srixon...might get a couple more from Budget;-)

I just ordered 2 dozen Z-Stars on the BOGO deal. I would have always went for the XV's, but the recent MGS testing/study produced better results across the board with the standard Z-Star (regardless of club head speed). So I've been curious and interested to test them so the BOGO deal is as good a time as any I guess.

I was worried about the MGS testing as well. I usually use the XVs. But I looked into their numbers and really there was very little difference. And their concern about offline shots just made me salt balance them. I’ve done 2 dozen of the 4 I got. None were wildly off balance. Better than the last batch of PRoV1 I got.

After re-reading the review on these by @ddec along with other THPer's, playing the 19' version of ProV1x and falling in love with it along with playing the 18' TP5x version and really NOT liking the spin around the greens, I bought a sleeve of 19' XV at the PGATSS yesterday to put in to play tomorrow.

I'm hoping to get the performance of the V1x off the tee and equal or more greenside spin in a yellow ball, which I like to play, at a equal or better "Value"

One thing I know for sure, I'm done with lower compression golf balls after hitting '"X" versions this weekend.

Just reviewed my driving stats on ShotScope - Since converting to this ball, I'm seeing 10 additional yards on average on my drives on my last 5 rounds vs. my last 15 rounds, and my tee accuracy has increase from 38% to 45%

Just reviewed my driving stats on ShotScope - Since converting to this ball, I'm seeing 10 additional yards on average on my drives on my last 5 rounds vs. my last 15 rounds, and my tee accuracy has increase from 38% to 45%

Those are significant increases.

I know you pay attention to ballflight and such because we've previously talked about it. I know looking at my numbers in recent rounds compared to earlier rounds I am getting more total distance. I am attributing much of that to course conditions because I'm not blind to the fact that courses are firming up after being washed out for two months. Also temps being warmer play a role in it for me. Anything like that you can credit as well or do you think it's strictly the ball change?

I know you pay attention to ballflight and such because we've previously talked about it. I know looking at my numbers in recent rounds compared to earlier rounds I am getting more total distance. I am attributing much of that to course conditions because I'm not blind to the fact that courses are firming up after being washed out for two months. Also temps being warmer play a role in it for me. Anything like that you can credit as well or do you think it's strictly the ball change?

Can some off that be conditions, absolutely. Could some off that be a better swing, sure.
However I'd say, it's still somewhat "Wet" here (Seems like it rains every weekend) and there isn't much roll not like baked July/August.

The FIR accuracy is the most telling for me. Improving conditions would help only a little on this.
During that time, I've also eliminated losing balls to the left by 5%, so I see it as getting a straighter flight.
The bottom line on the last 15 is 197 - The bottom line on the last 5 is 208 - Remember that the last 5 is in the last 15 graph.

Attachments

• Last 15.JPG
    Last 15.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 2
  • Last 5.JPG
    Last 5.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 2
I just ordered 5 doz Z-Star from Golf Discount. We get charged sales tax no matter what in WA now so I ordered from Golf Discount which is local. $107 with tax and free shipping for 5 doz Z-Stars is just too good to pass up.

Looking forward to trying the Z-Star out this week!

Which one do you suggest in wind? I play on a windy course, looking for long and straight.. I play chrome softs now because I like the feel of them.. any info would be great. Thanks

Which one do you suggest in wind? I play on a windy course, looking for long and straight.. I play chrome softs now because I like the feel of them.. any info would be great. Thanks

Ultimately it wouldn’t make too much difference as the dimple pattern is the same. But the company says the Zstar should stay slightly lower in the air which would help in wind. As you want to get in on the BOGO deal I’d go that way. If missed the BOGO deal I’d say get a sleeve of each and try.

I grabbed 2 dozen of the Z Star. I've tried both versions multiple times this year. Ultimately it came down to feel off the putter. XV feels like a rock and the standard is perfect, firm but not mushy. I also prefer the slightly flatter flight.

Played ZStar XV most of the day in 20-30mph breezy mountain golf course. Awesome ball... I didn’t feel blown around by the wind at all. Played a few holes with ZStar as well, also very good. Overall I still like ZStar feel the best, but in the interest of experimentation I’m committing to couple weeks with with XV as we ease into summer weather.

Pure white visibility is so good, no problems on bright sunny day.

I currently play chrome sifts. Love the softer feel. But from all the studies I feel like I’m missing out on some yardage gains!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just picked up 2 dozen of the Z Star yellow because I was looking for a ball with more spin as the B RX was rolling out on me a lot. I took advantage of the buy one get one free at Golftown, and I wish I would have grabbed 2 more dozen of them as I absolutely love them. They seem to be great distance wise as I seem to be poking it out there at the same distance if not more than the B RX, and the approach and greenside control seem better. I am a lower spin player, and my irons (919 Hot Metals) are a little lower spinning too, so pairing them up with a ball that spins more seemed ideal.

All in all, I think I have found my new ball!

Such a great ball for me is te Zstar, durable and the pure white stands out. It's fun coming up on a couple/few balls near one another and you know exactly which is yours just based on the color difference.

Still extremely happy I was introduced to the Z Star lineup this year, I’ve personally settled on the XV as my gamer but either ball would fit quite a few golfers. I’d gotta say that Srixon puts out easily some of the most consistent balls I’ve played. The spin, ball flight, and distance are aspects I just don’t have to worry about differing from ball to ball. Taking one more inconsistency out of an already ridiculously inconsistent game is massive for me.

So glad I stocked up with 4 dozen during the BOGO sale! Anybody pick any up during the sale to try out for the first time and have any feedback yet?

I know feel is such a personal thing. I had a Buddy grab me a dozen Zstars during the buy one get one free from our local Academy. My normal ball is the TP5. The Srixon ball seemed hard and clicky to me. I really felt like it was a step down from the TP5 in most areas I use to evaluate a ball.
I had also asked my wife to order me 2 dozen XV from Srixon to get the 2 dozen free. If honest, I like it much better in all respects compared to the Zstar. In a blind test, the TP5 would win on feel, but I don't have any problem playing the XV and it is starting to grow on me. When talking balls, I am not sure it would affect my scores much if I changed top tier brands every hole. They are all very good. If I really work hard to differentiate, feel and spin would be my highest priority and I would probably have the following order for my top 3 (and I like them all):
1. TP5
2. Bridgestone BXS
3. Srixon XV

I was wondering if anyone else ordered straight from Srixon during the sale? If so, did you get their unexpected bonus? I know for a fact that I got the best golf ball value I have ever known!! My wife ordered and was billed for 2 boxes of XV with two boxes free. I was the one who got the package off of the porch when delivered. When I opened it, I found out the Srixon XV come in cases of six (6) dozen. When I called about buying 2 and getting 4 free, they seemed to think it was not worth the trouble of having 2 shipped back SO.....that is the best ball deal I have ever found.
So good of a deal, I now have a set of Z Forged arriving Monday. I love the Z765's but miss my Z945's.

I know feel is such a personal thing. I had a Buddy grab me a dozen Zstars during the buy one get one free from our local Academy. My normal ball is the TP5. The Srixon ball seemed hard and clicky to me. I really felt like it was a step down from the TP5 in most areas I use to evaluate a ball.
I had also asked my wife to order me 2 dozen XV from Srixon to get the 2 dozen free. If honest, I like it much better in all respects compared to the Zstar. In a blind test, the TP5 would win on feel, but I don't have any problem playing the XV and it is starting to grow on me. When talking balls, I am not sure it would affect my scores much if I changed top tier brands every hole. They are all very good. If I really work hard to differentiate, feel and spin would be my highest priority and I would probably have the following order for my top 3 (and I like them all):
1. TP5
2. Bridgestone BXS
3. Srixon XV

I was wondering if anyone else ordered straight from Srixon during the sale? If so, did you get their unexpected bonus? I know for a fact that I got the best golf ball value I have ever known!! My wife ordered and was billed for 2 boxes of XV with two boxes free. I was the one who got the package off of the porch when delivered. When I opened it, I found out the Srixon XV come in cases of six (6) dozen. When I called about buying 2 and getting 4 free, they seemed to think it was not worth the trouble of having 2 shipped back SO.....that is the best ball deal I have ever found.
So good of a deal, I now have a set of Z Forged arriving Monday. I love the Z765's but miss my Z945's.

What a post! Great thoughts, and I ordered straight from Srixon but did NOT get 6 dozen, I only got the buy two get two free = (4) that I ordered. Awesome that XV is working for you, awesome that Srixon treats golfers right and gives them good value, and even more awesome that you bought Z-Forged. That's a solid vote of confidence, looking forward to your feedback on the Z-Forged / XV combo!

Great customer service from Srixon. Make sure to post some thoughts on the Z Forged when you get them.

I got into the bogo deal (couldn't pass that up). Picked up 4 dozen ZStars. Put one in play yesterday and proceeded to have a decent scoring day. A few notes from one round

* Noticeably lower flight off driver than the V1X, slightly lower than the regular V ball. Also noticed less spin and thus LR movement. Hit more fairways than customary for me. Extremely accurate ball off the tee imho. Total distance was pretty much on par with most every ball on the market.

* Need to double check, but did think I got a little more distance off irons. Just impressions from one round, but I was surprisingly long on a couple shots (one from the rough and another that was teed up on a short little par 3). Not much, but 3-5 yards is a possibility.

* It had been a while since I gamed a Z Star, but very much enjoyed it pitching and chipping. Distance control on short shots was a strength. Just seemed intuitive, and very, very consistent. I consider it to be a better ball around the greens than an MTB, and on par with the two Titleist models I referenced before.

* Only downside was the ball did lose its luster and looked a little worse for wear. Me gaming a ball for 18 holes is a rarity, so perhaps I'm over analyzing, but it did seem more beat up than I expected. Still gameable though.

* For those that don't know me, I like deals. The BOGO offer imho was the best deal in golf this year. Fantastic product at a too good to be true price.

Because I was wondering... Z-Star internals

7fc5961b3c79ec2213b0818a5c5ad0b6.jpg

The cover is interesting on the ZStar, the white outer layer is actually two layers, there is a harder inner layer and a very thin stretchy soft outer layer that is just beyond the depth of the dimples. The outer layer seems notably thin and grabby. The inner white layer has just a hint of dimple pattern when peeled back.

7b38dfcd302b7cbe3c0251b33f9c5cdd.jpg

7fc21420e798fc8be14841efee77df0a.jpg

Back