LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

Do the *Redacted* Drivers and Woods have similar Flash Face tech as the Epic Flash line... ?
I don’t think we can talk about this yet
Question for the boys: Anyone get fit into something that they totally were not expecting??!!
was not expecting the epic forged 3* weak. At all. Or two FWs.

Question - I have been fitted to a 1/2 toe hang blade putter at Club Champion. Now that I know Mallets are encouraged due to the higher MOI, what would be a good mallet option to consider for someone that plays a 1/2 toe hang blade putter?

Or mallets with even more toe hang than that?

Here’s one for Doc if he’s still available. Has using AI to assist with face design made your job easier or harder? In other words, do you look at the results the AI gives you and do you say to yourself, “oh wow, I didn’t even think of that as a possibility?”

AI is challenging him to think differently to find design concepts. It allows for some ease, but in a lot of ways it challenges them to think outside the box of what’s possible .

My dudes, I am reading this thread, seeing these fittings and besides being blown away at how cool all this is, one thing keeps popping into my head. This is a team that is going to bring that big red belt back where it belongs!!! @McLovin bring these guys home!!!

Question:
With Epic Flash they gave the super computer certain parameters for it to build the driver and the machine ran made 15000 prototypes. This time around did Callaway use less parameters? How many prototypes did the machine make?

don’t have the number, but the quality of questions is better so less iterations are necessary

iirc it’s the current ball not the new one that will be released

I’m not sure if anyone had the BigBerthas prior, but there is a profile in the new line that will make Big Bertha players happy

I think there were a few driver/UT fittings that surprised some guys. I think for the most part irons were fit as expected based on their previous sets.

the“S” neck for the mallet will offer the most flow for players that putt on more of an arc.

Someone asked about the clubs Callaway guys had the hardest time moving on from:

Finley & Doc Hoc- rogue fairway woods
Luke - Red Marxman w/OG microhinge insert
Austie - white hoy insert and razrX hybrid
Balls on the range are the 2019 CSX w/ Triple Track

Do the *Redacted* Drivers and Woods have similar Flash Face tech as the Epic Flash line... ?
You've been here, you know that these guys are not going to get into all the details. Give them some time and they will make sure they get you all the information.

image.jpg
From left to right: McLovin, Snickerdog, tomcat, j_Sizzle, Michael Vrska.

Above: Ollie Schniederjans

Just wanted to say thank you to all the THPers on the forum who have been following and engaging . It’s important to us here to keep you ladies and gentleman informed as much as possible as we enjoy this experience so much.

You know my questions for the Q & A.
Just what do the off centered cores mean to the integrity of the design/engineering in the CS over all in the balls that do have an of center core? Does/did it affect balance, flight path, how about the intended design of the "dual softfast core" technlogy ans what it is suppose to do? Are the balls with the misaligned cores suffering any of the engineering tech that is suppose to be in the ball?

the testing has been done. the performance difference is only stacked and noticeable at levels of error that would never be seen. at the anecdotal levels, there is virtually no difference in performance.

Just wanted to say thank you to all the THPers on the forum who have been following and engaging . It’s important to us here to keep you ladies and gentleman informed as much as possible as we enjoy this experience so much.
Living vicariously through you all as an excuse to not work has been fantastic so far. LOL!! :ROFLMAO:(y)

Keep the updates coming.

No, thank you to all helping us to follow along. You guys are destroying the updates.

Question for the Brain trust:

What is it about the Stroke lab shaft and weight distribution that make it so affective and beneficial? In my hands it just makes the tempo and pace of my putting stoke feel correct. How do they describe the magic sauce that it delivers?

more weight in the hands
stiffening then shaft
improved balance and consistency for heavier heads

per austie f’ing rollinson!

Many thanks for all that you and the others are doing to keep us apprised as if we are right there with you.

AI is challenging him to think differently to find design concepts. It allows for some ease, but in a lot of ways it challenges them to think outside the box of what’s possible .

Don’t tell him this, but I had to read his answer a couple times to comprehend that. He’s even smart sounding when he admits he has to think differently with it.

It’s pretty awesome to just sit here and listen to all these incredible minds in the industry.

Don’t tell him this, but I had to read his answer a couple times to comprehend that. He’s even smart sounding when he admits he has to think differently with it.
I read it as "Al" at first, as in you can call me Al. It made less sense that way.

Finally caught up this evening and can't wait until you guys can show us pictures of the new gear you will be getting

Enjoy the evening you have got to look forward to

Back