2019 US Women's Open in Charleston

Oh hush now.

Facts and numbers for you

155 total players, 70 made the cut

22 Korean Players Total with 13 making the cut

52 Americans (33% of the field) with 20 making the cut (29%)

Of the 20 that made the cut 6 Americans were in the top 10 vs 2 Koreans including the winner

Only 5 Korean Lee’s with Minjee Lee being Australian

Lee’s made up 3% of the total field 23% of the Korean contingent

Facts and numbers for you

155 total players, 70 made the cut

22 Korean Players Total with 13 making the cut

52 Americans (33% of the field) with 20 making the cut (29%)

Of the 20 that made the cut 6 Americans were in the top 10 vs 2 Koreans including the winner

Only 5 Korean Lee’s with Minjee Lee being Australian

Lee’s made up 3% of the total field 23% of the Korean contingent

Good stuff. But yeah, Haney said what he meant and got what he deserved (which is pretty tame).

IMO, regardless of what you think of what Haney said or his beliefs, he CANNOT say those things as an ambassador of the game. He just can’t. Some random guy on a muni course, fine. Hank Haney, the former Tiger coach, SXM radio host, and Callaway staffer can’t.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. And I enjoyed the heck out of the US Open this week. That course was set up for the ladies to fail and they played great.

After being there on Friday it was great to watch it on TV today. TV can't really display the rolling terrain on some of those greens. That was my first time going to this type of event - it won't be my last.

Might have been Jan Stephenson who said very similar things that Haney said that I was thinking of:

The LPGA's Jan Stephenson is playing in a men's tournament this weekend, but she might get more attention for teeing off on some of her pet peeves in a candid magazine interview due out next week.
''This is probably going to get me in trouble, but the Asians are killing our tour,'' she says in the November issue of Golf Magazine, which hits newsstands Tuesday. ''Their lack of emotion, their refusal to speak English when they can speak English. They rarely speak.''
Four of this week's top six in money are Asian.
''We have two-day pro-ams where people are paying a lot of money to play with us, and they (Asians) say hello and goodbye,'' she tells interviewer Peter Kessler. ''Our tour is predominantly international, and the majority are Asian. They've taken it over.''

I think another famous woman (announcer or player) made very similar sentiments to those above, too.

6 for the win!

'1 for 6' should be the headline. :D

Haney is a jerk, who was then proved right by the winner having the umber 6 added to her name because there were five other Lee's with her Christian name already...………...go figure.

Haney has deflected from the real issue, which is the competition for sponsorship money. LPGA have a $1m cheque for the winner, but unless the players help the sponsors get value for money by ,for example, speaking English, the sponsors will go elsewhere, e.g. Champions Tour where the players show more gratitude.

Players need to realise who pays their wages, sponsors and fans. Ignore both and who will pay you?

America is full of snowflakes that wear their feelings on their sleeves. Haney could have worded it differently but he is 100% correct. Some people just can’t handle the truth. 6 hours to play golf is also ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back