2019 US Women's Open in Charleston

Lots of women near the top. Should be a great final round tomorrow.

I think they fear penalizing a pro because it has pocketbook consequences. Penalizing an amateur has no such issue. Same with the am that got penalized at the Masters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moving on, this a great tournament. I’ve been watching more of that than I have the men’s tournament, speaks highly to the quality of play on the LPGA.

Agreed

What's the story with "Lee6"'s name?

The Korean LPGA attached the numeral because there are so many players with the name Lee. This is a true story, and despite Haney getting blasted for saying similar, Golf Channel has an arrival on it from 2018

The Korean LPGA attached the numeral because there are so many players with the name Lee. This is a true story, and despite Haney getting blasted for saying similar, Golf Channel has an arrival on it from 2018

I believe it is the exact same name 6 times, correct?

So why does Jeongeun Lee6 have a six on the end of her first name? In her native Korea, on the Korean LPGA Tour, there are SIX players with her name. So, they all go by different numbers -- Jeongeun Lee1, Jeongeun Lee2, Jeongeun Lee3, Jeongeun Lee4, Jeongeun Lee5 and Jeongeun Lee6. The numbers are determined based on a player's age. The oldest Jeongeun is the first and so forth, meaning Jeongeun Lee6 is the youngest on the tour.

Christine Brennan just wanted to offended by what he said.

I am almost certain a woman announcer made a very similar statement not that many years back.

Had Haney said what he said 20 years ago, people like Brennan probably wouldn't have made a fuss about it.

That is interesting info about her name though. Somewhat strange.

All I can say, after watching this coverage today, is that about 90% of these girls can skip the range next time and hit the putting green. Ugh, for pro level play some of this putting is just atrocious.

All I can say, after watching this coverage today, is that about 90% of these girls can skip the range next time and hit the putting green. Ugh, for pro level play some of this putting is just atrocious.

Azinger. said as much.

Christine Brennan just wanted to offended by what he said.

I am almost certain a woman announcer made a very similar statement not that many years back.

Had Haney said what he said 20 years ago, people like Brennan probably wouldn't have made a fuss about it.

That is interesting info about her name though. Somewhat strange.
So what happens to haneys suspension if he proved right? Looks like a Korean named Lee is going to win...

So what happens to haneys suspension if he proved right? Looks like a Korean named Lee is going to win...

Nothing, the snowflakes and PC correct
Media can’t handle the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is Haney still a Callaway staffer?

Hmm this can't be ideal for the LPGA PR team.
I can't help but find the whole thing pretty humorous.

54179f6dc091af292bc110541cc55ffd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was a great tournament to watch. Haney is going to be back in the light after this but for all the wrong reasons.

That was a great tournament to watch. Haney is going to be back in the light after this but for all the wrong reasons.
He shouldn't have been in the light in the first place. And he was 100% correct in his predictions!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

He shouldn't have been in the light in the first place. And he was 100% correct in his predictions!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Oh hush now.

I think Haney's suspension was a knee jerk reaction. We've seen this play out numerous times in this Twitter age. I'm not saying he couldn't have been a little more eloquent. But, this does kind of prove his point. I don't think there's anything wrong with the fact that Koreans are dominating. Also, the LPGA isn't exactly raking in the ratings.

Either way, in glad for her. She should be proud of the win.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think Haney's suspension was a knee jerk reaction. We've seen this play out numerous times in this Twitter age. I'm not saying he couldn't have been a little more eloquent. But, this does kind of prove his point. I don't think there's anything wrong with the fact that Koreans are dominating. Also, the LPGA isn't exactly raking in the ratings.

Either way, in glad for her. She should be proud of the win.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Agree all around. I try and watch the LPGA but find the majority of players lack personality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back