2020 Better You Fitness Thread

Took a month off from training for various reasons and finally getting back into it lightly tonight. Such a good feeling to move weight around and grateful I have a home setup that does pretty much anything I need to do. My muscles will probably annoy me in two days but I’m ready for the “you worked just hard enough to feel it” feeling to come back!
Goodluck getting back into it. Beginning is always difficult, but it will be worth it!

I played 18, then ran around outside with the kids then used a backpack leaf blower for an hour and a half so our front yard doesn't look like a wreck. I'm worn out!
Love getting yard work done and exercise in ad the same time!

Been doing a lot of body work stuff at home - Fit For Golf has a bunch of great videos he’s putting out.

installed a pullup bar and have some kettlebells coming as well.

also continuing to get out and run which has felt great
Adding those dumbbells for me has been a great boost. Need to dig out my pull up bar too. Love using exercise equipment that is versatile and can easily stored.

My workouts are getting better every day. My wife said I need to eat more since I’m losing weight. I haven’t lost a lb, it’s just the fat is melting away. I ordered another set of resistance bands yesterday. I’m wanting to step up the circuit training so I need more bands to create more stations.

I didn't get as much in as normal this weekend, but back at it today. 200 pushups yoga, and a lower body dumbbell workout. Feels good to start off the week this way. If I can be productive on a Monday, it usually sets me up well. Here's to a good week for us all!

Had another great workout today followed by a nice 3 mile walk. I have to say it’s much easier to be disciplined right now due to having so much free time.

I walked about a mile and a half at lunch. Then after work I ran a little over 2.

then did some pushups and used my only piece
Of Weight equipment. It weighs 70 pounds.

3F83163C-EF87-49E8-989A-3F49EE380FB9.jpeg

I walked about a mile and a half at lunch. Then after work I ran a little over 2.

then did some pushups and used my only piece
Of Weight equipment. It weighs 70 pounds.

View attachment 8937227
Haha that's an interesting piece of work out equipment. New meaning to Anvil squats I guess!

Haha that's an interesting piece of work out equipment. New meaning to Anvil squats I guess!

surprisingly versatile. Haha. Curls, skull crushers, squats, squat thrusts, alternating plyo pushups. It works...

Went on a long walk with the kids then hit in the garage sim.. Wansn't enough.. I need to step it up

Went on a long walk with the kids then hit in the garage sim.. Wansn't enough.. I need to step it up
You got this! Any ideas on what you want to do?

surprisingly versatile. Haha. Curls, skull crushers, squats, squat thrusts, alternating plyo pushups. It works...
We all need to resourceful during these times. This is a grest example. Glad it works so many ways for you.

You got this! Any ideas on what you want to do?
It's really about getting back into my routine of running and lifting again.. I was on a good plan but took a detour.. Need to get back on it starting tonight!

Is anyone else on strava? I was thinking of creating a group and we can start tracking mileage that way as well.

Is anyone else on strava? I was thinking of creating a group and we can start tracking mileage that way as well.
Sorry, I am not. Is it a running app?

Well as part of getting better and not being a total pig during the shelter in place I'm back to working out and eating smaller portions to lose weight.

I'm now down 10 lbs since the start of all of this shenanigans. Just another 12 to go to get to my goal weight.

Sorry, I am not. Is it a running app?

correct. I am by no means a runner, but I do run from time to time. I also ride a bike from time to time.

Strava also plays really well with most of the fitness trackers. My garmin stuff will push to strava automatically and allows outside of garmin community.

There are a lot of coaches that use strava and sell workout plans through it.

I think strava will even pair with myfitnesspal

starting Tabata yoga today with the bestest half

starting Tabata yoga today with the bestest half
Nice! I've been doing yoga since November and have been seeing some real benefits. Have fun!

Strava also plays really well with most of the fitness trackers. My garmin stuff will push to strava automatically and allows outside of garmin community.

There are a lot of coaches that use strava and sell workout plans through it.

I think strava will even pair with myfitnesspal
Sounds interesting I might have to look into it.

Still doing the dog walks morning and evening. My golf club opened back up. Walking or use your own cart on cart path only. I ordered a push cart. Will start walking the course again.

Great leg and core workout today. Followed that up with a 3 miles dog walk. After that I figured out why my wife married me, free labor!!!:banghead: 11,000 steps taken so far today.

All you guys talking about walks, I can't wait to get back outside. We've been having some crummy weather here lately so even a walk isnt in the cards. Today it was raining/snowing/sleeting most of the evening. At least I got some exercise inside done, but man I wish I would be able to just get outside.

Today marks 3 weeks of isolation. Walking 3 miles a day, no meat, no dairy, sugar or flour. The change has been fantastic and I feel great. Zero alcohol, healthy vegan diet, gluten free, caffeine free and a 2 hour home workout each day! Lost 30 lbs of fat and gained muscle mass.
I have no idea whose status this is, but I am really proud of them so I decided to copy and paste it here. :cool:

Back