2020 Better You Fitness Thread

Need to get back into my dumbbell work out plan in addition to push ups and yoga. Today is the day and I will get started.

6 miles at a conversational pace yesterday for 13 miles on the week. My half marathon training plan has me doing 3/6/7 this week for a total of 16, but I may moderate that increase somewhat as I feel like it's an aggressive mileage increase in one week. May do more like 2/5/7.

How far did you hoof it with her? How old?
Sorry for the delay. We were planning to do a light run between 1.5 - 2 miles. We made it a little over half way then I carried her on my back the rest of the way home.

Sorry, just saw the other half of your question. She turns 9 soon. And in the spirit of the thread I played 27 on Saturday. On Sunday I ran around with the kids then helped a neighbor pick up a piano and get it into their house.. My back is not happy today.

Did legs, barbell squats, dumbbell squats and lunges. Also some core work. 2.5 mile walk with the dogs and walking 9 this afternoon.

I walked over 13 miles this weekend only from activities where I was tracking it, so my legs are feeling good. I've got to get back into the "gym" for some more upper body work but my weight has actually gone down over this. I'm still snacking but I'm pretty active compared to what I expected.

Back in the gym after 2 months of lockdown.

Got in a great arm work out this morning. Finished off with a little chest and arms, light for some active recovery. Legs are killing me from Mondays workout. Dog walk to come.

Pleasantly surprised I'm not really sore this morning after my workout yesterday for the first time in 2 months.. Hitting the gym again this afternoon.

Good week this week. Got most of my fitness goals in, and did a bunch of yard work. Hauling mulch a few hours a day does the body good! Still another yard or so left to go, so I'll be getting more exercise in this weekend!

My gym opened up yesterday and it was good to get back in for a hard training day. I am happy to report that I lost about 7lbs during lockdown. I got out my dumbell set and a bench and kept some weight lifting in the mix - as best I could - but I spent a lot more time running and walking. Anyway, I am down from a peak of 233 to 208 as of yesterday. My goal is to be anywhere from 200 to 205 and I do think I need to add a little muscle back after the layoff. I am getting really close and feel much more energetic!

Four straight days in the gym. Yay!

I walked nine holes with my pushcart then rode the back nine. It was a cartpath only day. So, lots of walking.

Lots of mulching the last few days, feeling pretty sore but glad it's over. A great way to get a workout in though too!

Rough week for me. Think I over did it a bit early in the week and never recovered until taking a couple days off. In the long run it will be good but the short term it was brutal. Anyway had a good workout today, just cut it back a little.

This obviously hasn’t been a frequently tuned into thread, been working 65-80 hours a week since this broke. I try to get the sweat flowing once a day at work and have really changed my eating habits. Down 12 pounds since the first of the year, (barely) am on pace for my goal of 25 this year.

Only frustrating part was I was down 11 roughly March 1st. Shut down the salad bar when this broke and I started eating crap again. Gained half of it back and then had to lose it again.

This obviously hasn’t been a frequently tuned into thread, been working 65-80 hours a week since this broke. I try to get the sweat flowing once a day at work and have really changed my eating habits. Down 12 pounds since the first of the year, (barely) am on pace for my goal of 25 this year.

Only frustrating part was I was down 11 roughly March 1st. Shut down the salad bar when this broke and I started eating crap again. Gained half of it back and then had to lose it again.
Way to get back at it. We all experience some adversity along the way, but getting back up and continuing the journey takes a little extra. Keep it up and you will reach that goal!

Alright well it's golf season and summer in Ohio...

I gotta shed this Covid Snack time weight. If anyone sees what looks to be a wounded wildebeest in the suburban community just honk and move along it's this guy finding his running legs. Gyms are opening soon so strength⬆

I’ll be the Cape Buffalo walking at a quick pace that you’ll pass.

I went from fruits and veggies and a sensible meal to “F it we’re all going to die anyways, might as well make my soon to be ex buy the XL casket”.

Then realized that maybe I won’t croak (I never really thought that but they closed the damn salad bar man, that put a swift kick to the gonads I wasn’t expecting in play).

Inside of 2 weeks I’d gained half of what I lost back. But, back on the wagon after that. Down a solid 12lbs before intentionally cutting (bet with boss, I will cut 10-15 pounds artificially the last 3 days, former wrestler I know how to do it. Plus I drink over a gallon of water a day so if I just cut that spigot 1/3 that’s 15 right there.

I don’t make bets unless the process is rigged. He may try to cut but I WILL cut for our 06/30 weigh in. I’ll be as ripped as I can be, lol. Which ain’t ripped. But I’ll shed 10-15 pounds more and then chug a gallon of water the next hour. I’m risking a kidney stone over it, but I’ll be damned if I lose to that man.

Alright well it's golf season and summer in Ohio...

I gotta shed this Covid Snack time weight. If anyone sees what looks to be a wounded wildebeest in the suburban community just honk and move along it's this guy finding his running legs. Gyms are opening soon so strength⬆

Gotta start somewhere wildebeest! You got this!

I’ll be the Cape Buffalo walking at a quick pace that you’ll pass.

I went from fruits and veggies and a sensible meal to “F it we’re all going to die anyways, might as well make my soon to be ex buy the XL casket”.

Then realized that maybe I won’t croak (I never really thought that but they closed the damn salad bar man, that put a swift kick to the gonads I wasn’t expecting in play).

Inside of 2 weeks I’d gained half of what I lost back. But, back on the wagon after that. Down a solid 12lbs before intentionally cutting (bet with boss, I will cut 10-15 pounds artificially the last 3 days, former wrestler I know how to do it. Plus I drink over a gallon of water a day so if I just cut that spigot 1/3 that’s 15 right there.

I don’t make bets unless the process is rigged. He may try to cut but I WILL cut for our 06/30 weigh in. I’ll be as ripped as I can be, lol. Which ain’t ripped. But I’ll shed 10-15 pounds more and then chug a gallon of water the next hour. I’m risking a kidney stone over it, but I’ll be damned if I lose to that man.
Cape Buffalo vs wildebeest I see... Just stick to the plan Mr. Buffalo, and soon you'll be feeling and looking much better! You can do it!

Gotta start somewhere wildebeest! You got this!
Run 1 in the books ... not too far off from where I want to be and it was pretty warm today...:p:p:p

I'm down a couple pounds and it's mostly diet as the exercise has been light but I'm trying to ramp that back up

Yesterday, in honor of memorial day I did the Murph work out. I am feeling it today... o_O

Run 1 mile.
100 pull us
200 push ups
300 squats
Run 1 mile.

Back