2020 Better You Fitness Thread

Yesterday, in honor of memorial day I did the Murph work out. I am feeling it today... o_O

Run 1 mile.
100 pull us
200 push ups
300 squats
Run 1 mile.

There was a time a million years ago when that would have been no problem for me.

Now I look at and think 200 yards in I would either stroke out or have a heart attack.

Keep going while you can.

There was a time a million years ago when that would have been no problem for me.

Now I look at and think 200 yards in I would either stroke out or have a heart attack.

Keep going while you can.

having just turned 40. I am doing pretty much everything I can to keep aging at bay. haha. I don't think it is working.

Yesterday, in honor of memorial day I did the Murph work out. I am feeling it today... o_O

Run 1 mile.
100 pull us
200 push ups
300 squats
Run 1 mile.
Man, good for you. That's quite the workout! My legs would feel like jello by the time that last mile began.

Man, good for you. That's quite the workout! My legs would feel like jello by the time that last mile began.

Oh they did, the last mile was pretty pathetic.

At the gym right now. Chest, shoulders and triceps.

Oh they did, the last mile was pretty pathetic.
At that point, I would be happy with just not quitting. Trying to fight off age isn't easy. I wish I could feel like 20 again just for one day when I'm running.

At that point, I would be happy with just not quitting. Trying to fight off age isn't easy. I wish I could feel like 20 again just for one day when I'm running.
Keep up the workouts. People don't realize how bad a sedentary lifestyle is to health. Weights, cardio and of course golf! ;)

Workout at 11. Dog walk done. We did 3 miles.

Keep up the workouts. People don't realize how bad a sedentary lifestyle is to health. Weights, cardio and of course golf! ;)
Thanks. I can definitely feel a difference with increased energy when I do my workout plan, vs days when I dont.

Pretty proud of this. This is a result of social distancing on the golf course and no carts. I should hit 90 by the end of the month. Average 3 miles per day.

0CA3A3FF-F1A1-4D93-A59F-AB28268384F9.png

Pretty proud of this. This is a result of social distancing on the golf course and no carts. I should hit 90 by the end of the month. Average 3 miles per day.

View attachment 8945893
That's a great accomplishment! Nice work and keep it up!

View attachment 8945893

Nice. I'll be just over 60 this month. Still the most I've run in a month in over 2 years... and that's not counting the miles walked on the course.

That's a great accomplishment! Nice work and keep it up!
FYI - For those who have an Apple Watch, In Workouts, there is a Golf option, which I use.
It keeps track of your walking and your heart rate - If I walk 18, I can figure to get in 10,900 steps and burn 2,700 calories.
You'd be surprised how much you heart rate goes up walking up hill on the course.

The diet has been good but the exercise has been minimal..

The diet has been good but the exercise has been minimal..
I'm trying to get back into my excercise routine too. Push ups and yoga have been good. My dumbbell workout needs to pick back up. I looked, and there are cobwebs on my dumbbells. It hadn't been that long has it?

Looks like I'm running with my daughter so long as this rain breaks this afternoon

I'm still getting too skinny, but I haven't missed a gym day or progress plan mark yet since I got out the hospital to start last year, so I'll take it for now. Heavy leg day today bumped up in weight and sitting here tonight I can already tell it's going to sap a little distance off my drives in the morning. Now if I can only remember why during the round and not try to make up for it in some stupid way it should be fine.

Good week of working out, which I needed. Feels good to have a routine, now to keep adding to it!

Phoned in my May work out. Played two rounds of golf - walked.

I got 67.4 miles in last month running. That's not including all the miles I walked (and occasionally ran) while playing golf. That's my highest total since March 2017. Hoping to keep it up throughout the summer and maybe run a half or full marathon in October.

I got 67.4 miles in last month running. That's not including all the miles I walked (and occasionally ran) while playing golf. That's my highest total since March 2017. Hoping to keep it up throughout the summer and maybe run a half or full marathon in October.
Great work. Always good to get back to where you used to be! Hopefully you can get an event in, they always get my adrenalin going and I run some good times! Keep it up!

Great work. Always good to get back to where you used to be! Hopefully you can get an event in, they always get my adrenalin going and I run some good times! Keep it up!
This was yesterday.
Screenshot_20200601-093207_Connect.jpg

This is the last few months.
Screenshot_20200601-093220_Connect.jpg

I still have a little ways to go.

This was yesterday.
View attachment 8946787

This is the last few months.
View attachment 8946788

I still have a little ways to go.
Good numbers! Anymore it takes me a mile or 2 to stretch out my legs and feel good, and I see you got faster towards the end. I haven't been on many long runs lately though to stretch my legs out.

I used to be able to run a sub 12 minute 2 mile in high school/college. I'd hate to think what it would be now...:rolleyes:

My gym has been open for a few weeks now. I've been back and training again. Nothing too heavy, for me, I am easing into it and building my base back up so I can progress better. So far, everything has gone as planned. Elbow still sucks.

Good numbers! Anymore it takes me a mile or 2 to stretch out my legs and feel good, and I see you got faster towards the end. I haven't been on many long runs lately though to stretch my legs out.

I used to be able to run a sub 12 minute 2 mile in high school/college. I'd hate to think what it would be now...:rolleyes:

I never ran the 3200 well in high school. I did the 800 in 2:07 and the 1600 in 5:01. Those were my best times. I've got some decent 2 miles repeat splits from a couple years ago, but nothing near 12 minutes.

Back