2020 Product That Surprised You

Cobra Speedzone Xtreme driver. It's like cheating. The forgiveness combined with the length and not being draw biased is a complete unicorn. My game is terrible overall, but the driver is the long bright spot in my bag.

I only have one round in with my zipcore tour racks but they are gonna be something special as well.

Theragun.
Miracle product of 2020 for me :)

Theragun Mini. I may need another one as both of my daughters have discovered it. Maybe a Christmas gift for one of them.

Zipcore wedges. They suit my game and give me more shot making options around greens. I honestly did not expect to like them this much.

Honorable mention to caddy daddy claw gloves. A couple others also mentioned cp2 grips. I started using those this year. Big thumbs up.

Since it's hard to remember when items are released

1. ShotScope V3
2. Titliest T400 irons
3. VA Composites Nemsys Driver Shaft
4. Bridgestone TourB RX Golf Ball

Anything I have played or worn from Cobra/Puma. The SZ irons, driver, wedges and hybrid are like cheating compared to what I did play. Their golf shoes are fabulous. I work in the shoe business and think they are functionally and fashionably awesome.

Ping G410 Plus driver! Obviously, being the internet, there is a lot of hyperbole posted, this is the best ever etc etc. And at the risk of going down that route...... this thing has been a revelation for me. It has made such a huge difference to my driving. I’m hitting it further and higher (I’ve always been a low driver of the ball). So much so that my regular partners are constantly remarking on how well the Ping is working for me. Why it’s been such a surprise is I have never remotely considered Ping clubs before. I don’t really know why, but I’ve always gravitated towards either TM or Titleist. The driver, and now the glide wedges has turned me 360 degrees into a big Ping fan.

Without question the EXS Pro driver. Feels like I'm cheating some days.
No doubt the driver is very, very good for my game. The tensei orange is good for my game too. If i hadn't had a buddy buy one for me to try (thanks greg19) this driver never would have made it into my bag.
i think tour edge missed in opportunity in not numbering each driver as they were marketed as "only 1000 made."

Last edited:
Undoubtedly the B21 driver for me. Sprung for one after following the thread and it has been everything it was advertised to be for me.

Puma Cloudspun as well the Cobra Speedzone 3W has been amazing for me!

1. Claw Daddy Glove
2. KZG Tri-Tour Irons
3. Cleveland ZipCore wedges

What is so good about the Claw Daddy Glove? Similar to the Bionic glove?

Tough to say. Bought a lot of clubs this year that just didn't work out.

Biggest standout is probably the Sim TI 5 wood. It's a 19* 3 wood somehow.

The Hogan GS53 Driver......OMG that is a great weight and the ball REALLY JUMPS of that face

so good that i want one! a friend has one that i hit yesterday a couple of times on the course, his had the HZRDUS Smoke in Regular and i was hitting it way past his ball.....he stoped letting me borrow it

Speedzone 3w and 5w were the stars of my bag this year. Prior to this year, I struggled to hit a 3w, however, the Speedzone Fairways were easy to launch off of most lies and they were long. I hit a couple 5w shots 25-30 yards further than usual.

Last edited:
Three things really stand out for me this year:

Theragun. So, sooo good.
Caddy Daddy Claw golf glove.
Callaway PM Grind wedge.

What is so good about the Claw Daddy Glove? Similar to the Bionic glove?
I've owned Bionic gloves, they used to be my #1. Caddy Daddy is more comfortable, WAY more breathable, provides a better grip, and lasts virtually forever.

Training aid: Orange whip - something I purchased years ago but quit using. Started it a few times a week and brought my game back after Superspeed wrecked it.

Clubs:

Tour Edge EXS220 driver really surprised me. holds up to any of the top drivers.

Fairway woods -swore them Off but tried the Flash 7w and 11w and wowza. Game changers for me.

irons: got rid of my beloved Atitudes for the Cobra T-Rails. They have been really good for me.

PXG proto x driver, it is just fantastic and the adjustment systems actually do as designed to change the ball flight.
Honorable mention is the Gen2 Fairway woods.

two for me, some of it is probably recency bias.

tsi2 driver. i did NOT want to like it. but WOW. i need some side by side against the mav max which is absolutely stellar for me, but the tsi2 really surprised me.

very close second is the dry glove antiperspirant lotion. that stuff flat out works.

Ping G410 Plus driver! Obviously, being the internet, there is a lot of hyperbole posted, this is the best ever etc etc. And at the risk of going down that route...... this thing has been a revelation for me. It has made such a huge difference to my driving. I’m hitting it further and higher (I’ve always been a low driver of the ball). So much so that my regular partners are constantly remarking on how well the Ping is working for me. Why it’s been such a surprise is I have never remotely considered Ping clubs before. I don’t really know why, but I’ve always gravitated towards either TM or Titleist. The driver, and now the glide wedges has turned me 360 degrees into a big Ping fan.
Here are some impressive aspects of Ping Manufacturing that I didn't know. The guy is biased towards Ping for sure, but he explains why. This video is about 20 minutes long but very interesting and informative about today's drivers.

Theragun mini has been amazing and the caddy daddy claw glove have just been outstanding. A little early but I think I am in love with the P770 irons. The sound/feel is so much better than the P790 but I am finding very similar performance.

That Theragun its awesome from what i hear.....serious ponder on that

Sim Ti Fw
Titleist T100S irons
SM8 wedges

Not - Theragun mini. It’s ok for me.

TTTen. Not a mallet guy. Hadn’t played an insert in years. Initial reaction to TT aid at the Grandaddy reveal was “way too busy.” 11 months later: best putter I’ve ever played. Speed control is phenomenal from all distances, and I feel way more confident over those 5-8 footers than I used to.

I’ve been surprised a lot this year.

For JUST 2020, the SIM line of woods and hybrids are insanely good. Jaw dropping it good, in fact. They dont get a lot of buzz here, but the fairways and hybrids in particular are the best I’ve ever hit.

For 2020-2021....there’s one, but I can’t tell you until Monday :censored:

Big Bertha B 21 driver, my 54* Cleveland RTX wedge and of course THP

Back