2021-2022 College Basketball

That doesn't look like the #2 team in the country.
Not every game is a work of art. Winning ugly is still winning. Iowa is a solid team.

0-7 Texas Southern leads #20 6-1 Florida by 10 at the half in Gainesville.

Purdue is NUMBER 1 for the first time in their history.

Boiler Up!

UConn's Paige Bueckers is out 6-8 weeks with a tibial plateau fracture.

Purdue is NUMBER 1 for the first time in their history.

Boiler Up!

That’s hard to believe with all the teams and players they have had over the years.

@BoilerCLE where you at???:D
I'm still in disbelief (although they deserve it!). What a fun team to watch - the number of times they've gone on 9-12 point runs in the span of a minute (usually led by Ivey) is incredible. No doubt they'll lose a couple games, but now that Brees is retired, maybe New Orleans and the Superdome has room for some more Boilermaker magic in April!

Virginia lost at James Madison last night, 52-49.

The ACC is putrid this year.

Virginia lost at James Madison last night, 52-49.

The ACC is putrid this year.

Duke is Duke and the rest aren't probably good. Watched Syracuse play Villanova last night. I'm thoroughly convinced Boeheim would have retired if not for the chance to coach his two sons. The Orange are not good.

Duke is Duke and the rest aren't probably good. Watched Syracuse play Villanova last night. I'm thoroughly convinced Boeheim would have retired if not for the chance to coach his two sons. The Orange are not good.
@Duffer Waldorf favorite, UNC isn't horrible ;)

Yep. I will be surprised if he comes back next year.

A brief step away from the Grandaddy live thread to say Ron Harper Jr baby!!! #1 Purdue goes down!
Screenshot_20211209-213737_Chrome.jpg

I hope Purdue's radio guy didn't go through their engineering program.

oh man, hadn't heard the radio call yet. haha

And this is always the answer as to why college sports are better than pros.

Haha, the play-by-play guy is one of my students. The “let’s go!” guy is actually the pro in the booth (the adult)—alumni are always nuttier than the actual kids. College sports really are the best.

I'm still in disbelief (although they deserve it!). What a fun team to watch - the number of times they've gone on 9-12 point runs in the span of a minute (usually led by Ivey) is incredible. No doubt they'll lose a couple games, but now that Brees is retired, maybe New Orleans and the Superdome has room for some more Boilermaker magic in April!
Ok, time to retreat back into my cave...

Yep. I will be surprised if he comes back next year.

I'm really afraid of what the program is going to look like going forward. I'd love to know what the move is after Jimmy. Seems like he forced kids to leave so both his sons could play there and when all leave what will we have left? Syracuse doesn't pay coaches either so it will probably be a promote from within scenario. Recruiting already not what it once was (although next year's class is supposedly pretty good).

Ok, time to retreat back into my cave...
It appears we still have curse of #1 going on in College Basketball.. You guys will be just fine.

It's hard to say losing to #1 is a bad loss, but this has to be close.

Never trailed in regulation.
Led by double figures for a good part of the 2nd half.
Led by 12 with 6:00 to go.
Led by 6 with 2:00 to go.

Lost by 10 in OT.

💩

I graduated Seton Hall in 1969 (Grad School in 1985) and have followed the "Pirates" basketball team through highs (1989 NCAA Finals where they were victims of arguably the worst call in NCAA Finals History) and lows.
They have a pretty good team this year, and are 9-1 - they beat Texas and Rutgers this week. I don't think they're as good as their ranking, but it should be a fun ride this year.

Back