2021 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran for the first time in a year. It sucked. I pushed the pace because I knew I’d only be doing a mile. Currently trying to convince my lungs they’ll survive.
View attachment 9008331
That looks good to me - of course I am an old man - so. But still now push it to more time and go slower - as I understand it, you want more time when doing cardio?

I gotta say - COVID and telework and frankly being told I was pre-diabetic (in Feb2020), have made me healthier than I have been at least since my wedding (33 years ago).

Have lost a total of 98 lbs, resting heart rate is between 49 and 52, no issues with BP, no longer pre-diabetic. I exercise 3-5 times a week. Life is good and overall I feel great. Only wish I had done some of this sooner without wanting to get too graphic - lot's of extra skin that will likely never contract - blecchh, another reason clothes were created.

Yesterday was back to bench pressing, and I feel it a little today, but not too bad!

185x5x5. Done.

So, started back yesterday after a month of being off due to schedule and it was rough. I added in cardio and I didn't even make it through my entire workout. To be fair though, I had barely eaten anything all day, so hoping it's a little different tomorrow. Seeing most of my progress I made go out the window after taking a month off was a little depressing, but not letting it get me down. Time to get back at this journey!

So, started back yesterday after a month of being off due to schedule and it was rough. I added in cardio and I didn't even make it through my entire workout. To be fair though, I had barely eaten anything all day, so hoping it's a little different tomorrow. Seeing most of my progress I made go out the window after taking a month off was a little depressing, but not letting it get me down. Time to get back at this journey!

maybe losing it, but it’s much easier to regain than to gain the first time. You prolly know that. Keep at it!

maybe losing it, but it’s much easier to regain than to gain the first time. You prolly know that. Keep at it!
Yeah, it's not all gone, but mostly. I'm not too stressed about it. Just going to get after it and work hard. I am going to see if the hotel has a gym when we go to my daughter's national pageant and get a few workouts in while we are there if I can.

Bench presses tonight. Pressed overhead after then some band assisted chins ups. Finished with a some running on a treadmill (awful).

Yoga tonight to loosen up after a day at the desk and impromptu range session. Biking in the morning. Saying it now to keep accountable.

Flying back from a regional work event now and for the last 3 days I’ve eaten worse than I had in the past 17 months. I can’t wait to get back on track tomorrow.

Flying back from a regional work event now and for the last 3 days I’ve eaten worse than I had in the past 17 months. I can’t wait to get back on track tomorrow.

Cheat. But base your life on not doing that and don’t give AF when you do? That’s been my best philosophy so far. Lost 100# now. Stronger than I’ve ever been (discounting squats which I am just getting back into). Benching more than I squat ATM, but haven’t had knees to get into more than dumbbells squats.

I used to get serious for about 10 days. Then I’d get tired of eating green crap and stop. 10# down and put it back on in a week.

Changed my entire view on food this year. I weighed in under 200# naturally on Wednesday. Highest weigh in was 298#. I did NOT cut for this. When I cut 2 weeks ago it was like I was making weight for wrestling, I did get down to 192# but it was a weight cut.

So naturally about 200# now depending on hydration level. Which feels a lot better than 300# on the frame. Last spring I carried nine but I let my playing partner know that I was toast and wouldn’t be playing more than 9 on hole 3.

This year, same course. Same situation, unexpected CPO day, which I always walk. If I don’t expect I carry. Which is probably a 50# bag once you factor all in. I played the back nine (much more hilly?) and played the front again. So 27 holes carrying a 50# bag versus 2.5 holes last year.

I’m happy where I am. I am. I have had a couple of tough years but I let myself go for way too long.

I’m happy where I am weight wise now. Hanging at the 200# range, I’ll take it. I’m broad and wide so I’m beefy. 200# isn’t bad. I’d like to lose the last 10# or so, but if I don’t I….

Well I will. I’m all in.

It's almost the weekend.

Bench press 210x4 - failed the 5th rep. got it halfway up, but that was it. Gravity wins this time.

Deadlift 390x5. Hard after not deadlifting for a while, but done.

I had deadlifts last night. 485x7, supposed to be a 8 but I lost count, so I did a set of 5 after. Felt rather gassed. Finished with some beltless deadlifts.

Presses and bench presses later today.

Presses went mildly ok. I was happy with my top single. Presses make shoulders happy, healthy, and strong.

Presses went mildly ok. I was happy with my top single. Presses make shoulders happy, healthy, and strong.

Yeah the overhead press. I can come nowhere near close to that. Nice work!

That's not heavy! :ROFLMAO: Love the shirt

Less lazy today.
Squat 305x5x3
Overhead Press 120x5x3.

Vacation last week, so need to get back into my routine. Feeling good about where I'm at, just need to take the next step.

Man, where do I even start?!

I have struggled with weight since baseball ended for me after college. I gained a TON of weight and it has been a constant battle of losing and then re-gaining and then losing and re-gaining. I am sure those of you who have experienced this understand the frustration.

It seems it is about 1000x easier to gain weight than it is to lose it.

I was in arguably the best shape of my life when I got married back in June of 2019, but unfortunately, since then, I have REALLY let myself go. I have gained about 50 pounds from my pre-honeymoon, wedding day weight, and I have no one to blame but myself.

Luckily, I have a new goal/motivation, we have a wedding in October in Mexico, and I am using that as my longer-term goal, along with a number of "mini" goals along the way.

I have been back in the gym 6 days a week for the last 4 weeks, and am tracking my calories again. The plan is to do this much more sustainably. I think many of my previous efforts failed because they were very much overly restrictive, which then leads to binging.

Going to check in here frequently to keep me accountable, and follow along with the other amazing journeys you all have undertaken.

Here is to getting in better shape again!

Today was Chest and Shoulders.

Big Movements:
  • Flat Bench Barbell - 4 x 10
  • Standing OH - 4 x 10
  • Incline Barbell Bench - 4 x 12

Then hit Triceps and some other accessory should work. Finished up with some incline steady-state cardio.

Keeping Calories pretty consistent around 2000 - Roughly 200 P / 140 C / 70 F

Day 1 of getting up early, enjoying the sunrise, and getting after it. 6 am power yoga session felt great. More energy this morning too!

Day 1 of getting up early, enjoying the sunrise, and getting after it. 6 am power yoga session felt great. More energy this morning too!
It always is a ball of suck at first, but it does feel really good to get the workout done before anything else during the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back