2021 Club Championships

Can relate to pace of play concerns. Took us 7 hours to play 27 holes today. Grueling in 100 degree heat index.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tee off round #1 this morning. I get a bit nervous for competitions. They are a different beast from regular rounds. If I am to play well today, I will need to focus in a way I have yet to bring to a round this year. Tall order. I will enjoy the challenge. First tee shot is always interesting. It is a visual mind &$@! and harder yet with people watching. With the local and college kids playing, we get family and friends who form mini galleries. Game on.

Tee off round #1 this morning. I get a bit nervous for competitions. They are a different beast from regular rounds. If I am to play well today, I will need to focus in a way I have yet to bring to a round this year. Tall order. I will enjoy the challenge. First tee shot is always interesting. It is a visual mind &$@! and harder yet with people watching. With the local and college kids playing, we get family and friends who form mini galleries. Game on.
Good luck! Have a great time and kick some a$&!

Good morning all - 45 min until tee time! Let’s go get it!
image.jpg

I am now in the semi-finals of our Club Championship B flight. We started with 26 golfers qualifying for 8 spots and then went to match play in an 8 man bracket.

Results… for day 1…

81 with 5 balls in the crapper…. Not super irritated about it due to the fact that this wind was blowing 20-25 the whole day.

they separate out after day one into champ and presidents flight…. So now leading presidents flight by 2. Day 2 tomorrow tee
Time at 10:30 am.

For day 2, I am in the 1st Flight currently in 3rd place (77 leads, 2 are tied for 2nd place with 79). That will be my group. 10 golfers in my flight. Looking at scores, most everyone struggled in the conditions. Those with later tee times did much better, as the winds eventually died down. My first round 84 doesn’t feel quite as bad as it did. It still doesn’t feel good. ;)

9am shotgun start tomorrow. My group will be the 2nd group to tee off on hole #17. Play tomorrow will be agonizingly slow. 😴

Club championship wrapped up…. Shot a 79 and held on for a 1 shot win in the President flight (champ flight guys that didn’t make the top 8).
The only really good hole in the day was 18 (par 5) where I hit my best drive of the day, followed by a flighted 9 iron from 153, and 1 putt for eagle. Apparently I needed to make the eagle putt to win…. 🤷‍♂️

Alwaya fun to play tourney style golf. Greens were the fastest they’ve been all year - actually 4-jacked an early hole as I was still getting used to the speed!!

Our City Open happened, and it went poorly for about the 3rd or 4th year in a row. But then, life happened before it, and when I set foot on the course, it was only my 3rd round of golf in a months time, so I knew going in that I needed to just go with whatever happened.

Although we don't know when, we have a club championship (member's only) coming up soon, which will be a 36 hole 2 day event. I'm really looking forward to that one. A bit of short game work, and I think I can be a contender again.

~Rock

Ours was this weekend, 54 hole event. I was unable to play because of Trauma call. -1 over the 3 days won. Tough conditions in winds and it rained a bunch between rounds 1 and 2.

Had our seeding round for our match play championship today. I shot the worst round I’ve had since I’ve been a member here. Nothing was working. I’m dead last in the bracket and have a play-in match tomorrow to earn the right to play the top seed. I’m hoping for a 24 hour resurgence.

Well the resurgence happened, just not quite enough. I was 4 up through 10. Lost 11 thanks to a ball basically plugged under the lip of a bunker. Lost 12 to an ACE! Won 13. Opponent wound up making a nice comeback to tie. First extra hole, I lose my approach shot, recover to tie the hole thanks to a stroke. Second hole halved. Third hole I hit a wicked slice off the tee (only one of the day) out of bounds to lose the match.

Grrrrrr

Will be missing mine for THE MORGAN EFFING CUP! :love::love::love::love::love::love:

Our Club Championship was this weekend but was pushed back to next weekend because of weather.

Back