EXPERIENCE 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

Hey @RealPretendPsychic, I just made initial notes on how to possibly play based on II tees. Do you think I ever even consider it?
You’re going to giggle every time you pull out the driver that you’ve just been fit for. And then let it rip! On every par 4 and 5.

You’re going to giggle every time you pull out the driver that you’ve just been fit for. And then let it rip! On every par 4 and 5.
I mean you and @MattyD-MPLS are right. I'm just doing it to tell myself I tried to have a plan :LOL:

so excited for everyone! Can’t wait for the live thread to kick off!
I take PTO based on the live thread!!!

D9AEEC06-34A0-476B-9FE3-FABDFDAFBA72.jpeg

One of my favorite pictures of the trip! And one of my favorite holes as well.

I highly recommend you to keep your phone in back pocket as you play. I took way more pictures the second day when I did it. You never know what you may want to capture as you walk up to your shot.

I know you guys are trying to plan on how to play the courses and each hole, but this is some advice. Go with the flow. Stop planning so much because you will be so focused on how your plan is not working or on how you need to execute your plan and you will miss the big picture of this event.

Edit: The only people that need to really be planning is the people at Callaway, which I know they have so much in store for you guys and your Cap/AssCap on pairings/singles.

Last edited:
I know you guys are trying to plan on how to play the courses and each hole, but this is some advice. Go with the flow. Stop planning so much because you will be so focused on how your plan is not working or on how you need to execute your plan and you will miss the big picture of this event.

That's why I have no plan, and to just be present in the moments.

Last edited:

Meh. My plan? Hit the ball in the short stuff, get it to the green, putt, drink, move on. Besides that, I have no pre-plan. Well, maybe go for par 5's in 2 but I do that now anyways so not really 'planning'. :D

Hit it, find it and hit it again. That's the plan.

I have seen action shots from prior Grandaddys. Who does the editing of them with the heads being removed?

I have seen action shots from prior Grandaddys. Who does the editing of them with the heads being removed?

Should be able to edit it on the fly on the phone.

Hit it, find it and hit it again. That's the plan.
Hope that didn't come off wrong. Just don't want the big picture to be missed. This event is super special and there is a lot of underlying meanings to this event and myself.

Hope that didn't come off wrong. Just don't want the big picture to be missed. This event is super special and there is a lot of underlying meanings to this event and myself.
It didn't come off wrong. I don't want the small things to get missed because I was worried about driver or 3 wood off a tee.

It didn't come off wrong. I don't want the small things to get missed because I was worried about driver or 3 wood off a tee.
Haha I'm just killing time gents. Not really THAT focused on how to play :LOL:

Haha I'm just killing time gents. Not really THAT focused on how to play :LOL:
You are just sparking discussion! Can't wait to send it!

You are just sparking discussion! Can't wait to send it!
Haha I'm trying. If my only posts were how excited I am, I wouldn't be saying anything else. Because I can't freaking wait!

Haha I'm trying. If my only posts were how excited I am, I wouldn't be saying anything else. Because I can't freaking wait!
Wait till you are heading to the airport the day of travel to head out there....

That was our original plan but the component situation will not guarantee we will be able to do that currently so that is why we are taking this approach. We will build whatever we can but can't pull components off the component tree out back.

I would volunteer to water that tree daily if it were real

89 hours from now. Yes I'm counting :LOL:

You aren't hte only one.

I am also counting by:

1) Number of work days
2) Number of work tasks
3) Number of showers ( variable )
4) Number of hot tub visits ( or visits to the TAGRC )
5) Number of times I kiss my kids goodnight
6) Number of sim sessions before i leave ( down to 1 )

I just realized I might have a problem........o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Back