EXPERIENCE 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

Yeah. I seem to be putting my foot in my mouth a lot this week.

I'm still going to try to get in because my #1 goal this year was to meet up with THPers
Oh well. Onward.
Nah - I think you're speaking freely and I knew what you were asking. It think it'd be hard not to be pretty loyal for an extended period of time after an experience like the GD or the MC. Even now interacting on THP I seem to gravitate and give looks at items I would have passed by in the past. An experience like MC or GD = a personal investment for quite a while for me.

And yes - finding time to meet up with THPers is on the top of the list as well this year.

That's one thing I'm going to work really hard on while I'm there. I have the absolute privilege of going down there and representing this place! I'm going to do my very best to make sure I share the experience with the people I will be representing. Of course, I'm also going to make sure to have the time of my life with my teammates and the great Callaway team!

Looking forward to following!

It is awesome to see the new people in here, drooling for an opportunity to come along on this journey with us! I was just like you in 2019 following that crew. I see you @jmix18 and @Davidhibler!

Can’t wait for a new contest!

Let's not get too carried away 🤣🤣

No, I'm entering for sure.
@RealPretendPsychic was part of the forum for like a month when he got the nod that he was going! I was only here for eight months when I was selected for the Gmama (which in turn, got me in to this). You never know!

@RealPretendPsychic was part of the forum for like a month when he got the nod that he was going! I was only here for eight months when I was selected for the Gmama (which in turn, got me in to this). You never know!
Joined THP January of 2016. Won Grandaddy ticket Memorial Day weekend 2016. Tenure is not a requirement, that I can say with 100% confidence.

Yeah. I seem to be putting my foot in my mouth a lot this week.

I'm still going to try to get in because my #1 goal this year was to meet up with THPers
Oh well. Onward.
@Davidhibler is SC opened up right now? Wife and I were thinking about taking a getting away for spring break and debated heading to SC to do some golfing and sight-seeing.

What is the Gmama? (Obviously Grandmama - but what's the diff?)

@Davidhibler is SC opened up right now? Wife and I were thinking about taking a getting away for spring break and debated heading to SC to do some golfing and sight-seeing.

It is!
Business as usual aside from some capacity limits in places.

My wife and I went down to Pawleys Island in January to play True blue and caledonia.

It is!
Business as usual aside from some capacity limits in places.

My wife and I went down to Pawleys Island in January to play True blue and caledonia.
We were thinking of somewhere along that way - besides True Blue and Caledonia which I know are fantastic based on reviews on here - any others you'd suggest in the Myrtle or Hilton Head area?

They were going to do it because of covid. It was going to be a toned down GD of sorts and was only going to be four of us. Same product presentations, access to Callaway and ECPC fitters and everything but we wouldn't have gotten the clubs that week. Would have gotten them by their release date to the public.

Golf would have been played with our own clubs that we currently had. And the courses we played weren't going to be the Hideaway. So no Al's house dinner, no Nest and no Breakfast sliders :LOL: And also no belt to play for.

So it definitely would have been different. We were still lucky enough to get the product presentation with Finley, Luke, Tyler and DNevs and were given spots on the team for the GD so I couldn't be more thankful that I was chosen for that even if it didn't technically happen.

Last edited:
The 2020 Grandaddy was postponed, so the Gmama was a special Event that was going to take its place as a Callaway special event in 2020. It was a one off that would be for 4 lucky THPers to go out to Callaway, talk equipment, play some golf, etc. It was then cancelled, and the Gmama participants were then rolled into the 2021 Grandaddy.

We were thinking of somewhere along that way - besides True Blue and Caledonia which I know are fantastic based on reviews on here - any others you'd suggest in the Myrtle or Hilton Head area?

Nope lol. I'm from Texas. Only been here for 5ish years so aside from tb and caledonia, all of my SC golf has been played here in the greenville area.

This thread is going to be over 1k post in no time.

Real question here is anyone not going to do a combo set with all of the work Callaway had done on them.

Real question here is anyone not going to do a combo set with all of the work Callaway had done on them.
I think it would be fun, but they ended by saying that the majority of golfers would benefit from a straight thru set, no combos. I think combo sets are cool, and they put lots into them, but the same attention went into the non blended sets too.

With that said, my heart still wants a combo set :p

This is such a cool event. Reading all the pages and insights and experiences is.... I really don't have words for it.

When those that have played in the past returned home - what's the thing you remembered most - or better the story that you told your significant other?

I think it would be fun, but they ended by saying that the majority of golfers would benefit from a straight thru set, no combos. I think combo sets are cool, and they put lots into them, but the same attention went into the non blended sets too.

I currently play a combo set of irons and it'd be tough to not put together another set. I really like the forgiveness of the long irons and the worability of the scoring irons.

Since we are all internet golfers here I would expect only combo sets.

It is awesome to see the new people in here, drooling for an opportunity to come along on this journey with us! I was just like you in 2019 following that crew. I see you @jmix18 and @Davidhibler!

Can’t wait for a new contest!

Guys let’s keep this one to the Grandaddy and talk about other locations and vacation spots in a different thread. Thanks

After the presentation we got, I was all in on the combo set. And I'm saying that knowing full well I'm getting a new set in December. All the info we got was THAT good! Then I tuned in for the Callaway day during the Showcase and saw the greatness of the Pros. Ended up going a full set of Pros and am in love with them.

Can't wait to actually be fitted at ECPC and see what the professionals put me in

Guys let’s keep this one to the Grandaddy and talk about other locations and vacation spots in a different thread. Thanks
Sorry @JB - I'll do better :LOL: - I was just so excited about info on SC. (nothing more after this! ;))

Love seeing the buzz and excitement! First contest is going to be an all out try for everyone on here!

Love seeing the buzz and excitement! First contest is going to be an all out try for everyone on here!
JB teased it so I'm guessing it's going to be soon! We are super excited to have a new teammate here shortly!

Back