Tour Event 2021 Tour Championship

Both of these guys are absolutely in a subconscious state being able to do this under the amount of pressure they are and with the quality of strikes.

Was so badly wanting another playoff now

Cantlay has played two weeks of high-pressure golf in spectacular fashion. Tip of the cap to him.

Well, the entire 4 days was not much drama.

Can we change the format now? This is Dullsville giving these guys strokes.

Why not give out a Large Bucket of Cash for the final FedEx Standings before the Tour Championship; and then a Large Bucket of Cash for winning the Tour Championship.

Cantlay just too hot right now. Well deserved. Rahm had a great year as well.

I want these two in the final group at the Ryder Cup for singles!

Patty ice..

7 misses right in one round off of the tee by Cantlay. Rough start to the holes for him.

Yeah. Was reminding me of Spieth from a couple years ago. Hitting those tee shots to the right. Azinger said that his caddy needed to tell him to release the clubhead! I thought the same. Felt that he was feeling the pressure, and just hanging on to the club too hard.

What impressed me just as much as the approaches to 18 were the tee shots that made them possible, especially Cantlay's. Rahm hits an absolute howitzer shot out there, and Cantlay hits it 15-20 yards past him! Pressure tee shot perfectly hit!

I like Cantlay and have been impressed with his play and demeanour. But he did not win, he came equal fourth.

Well, the entire 4 days was not much drama.

Can we change the format now? This is Dullsville giving these guys strokes.

Why not give out a Large Bucket of Cash for the final FedEx Standings before the Tour Championship; and then a Large Bucket of Cash for winning the Tour Championship.
I agree. I hate this "strokes awarded" format. Cantlay was awesome, but even he agrees the format is contrived. If this had been a real tournament, Rahm and Na would have had a play-off. I watched because I love golf and the play was exceptional. However, for me the majors are the yardstick for greatness. Frankly. I would be hard pressed to even name the last five winners of The FedEx Cup. The "playoffs" are only about money. The majors are about golf immortality.

Congrats to Cantlay, but it's just another year where the "winner" wasn't really the winner, and was outplayed by several others. This format needs change, it robs legitimacy from the championship.

Three players had a lower total score: Rahm, Na, and Schauffele. However, Cantlay had the better season. I look at the opening stroke positions as where they stand after the regular season round one.

Three players had a lower total score: Rahm, Na, and Schauffele. However, Cantlay had the better season. I look at the opening stroke positions as where they stand after the regular season round one.

But it's contrived and goes against the game itself. Another reason why the Tour Championship is not thought of highly - it's just $$$. It would gain in prestige as an event if they reorganized the format and the money.

Do these guys need a handicapped event?

Better season is arguable as Rahm had more than twice the amount of top 10s as Cantlay but played in 2 fewer events. While I believe wins are the ultimate goal and determination, heading into the FedEx Cup playoffs, Cantlay had two wins to Rahm's one, but he would have finished behind Rahm in the Memorial had the DQ not happened. So depending on how you weight that and majors would probably decide the better season. My opinion anyway.

Good counter points. Winning the FedEx Cup means you won the Tour Championship with players placed on the leaderboard based on points earned throughout the season. It works for me.

Cantlay seemed to get pretty hot at the end of the season. I don't have any stats on me to back that up other than I started to hear his name more sitting these last month(s).

I was shocked that it's 15million when you win a major it's 1-2. That seems like a crazy amount of money for one tournament.

Cantlay seemed to get pretty hot at the end of the season. I don't have any stats on me to back that up other than I started to hear his name more sitting these last month(s).

I was shocked that it's 15million when you win a major it's 1-2. That seems like a crazy amount of money for one tournament.

Exactly - for a handicapped tournament. Golf is not NASCAR, from where I believe they copied the handicapping scheme.

I think you'd have more of the higher-ranked players play earlier, if you had a bucket of money for the final standings before the Tour Championship, and then another bucket for the Tour Championship without handicapping. It would put more players in the mix and it would have a chance at a 5th/6th major (Players).

I am enjoying Cantlay's run the last couple of weeks, as he has impressed the golf world. Rahm also was impressive, as he is a gamer. I don't miss BD being in the mix, I am tired of his antics. It's sort of ironic that Cantlay bested two powerful golfers the last two weeks. Although, didn't Cantlay have a 361 yd drive yesterday? o_O

Would it be meaningful to earn a stroke for the championship if you win a PGA Tour event (all majors, including the R&A Open, excluding WGC events)? The tour schedule is tough enough and you still have to qualify for the final 30 spots to reap this advantage. The whole FedEx point system can still be used to finalize the top 125, 70, and 30 players. A 5 tourney winner in top 30 gets 5 strokes. It's rare enough to see a 10 tournament winner and don't see why 10 stroke advantage is warranted when Cantlay won only 3 times before the Tour Championships. Pretty straightforward to me!

Would it be meaningful to earn a stroke for the championship if you win a PGA Tour event (all majors, including the R&A Open, excluding WGC events)? The tour schedule is tough enough and you still have to qualify for the final 30 spots to reap this advantage. The whole FedEx point system can still be used to finalize the top 125, 70, and 30 players. A 5 tourney winner in top 30 gets 5 strokes. It's rare enough to see a 10 tournament winner and don't see why 10 stroke advantage is warranted when Cantlay won only 3 times before the Tour Championships. Pretty straightforward to me!

Appreciate the thoughts but screw the strokes. Golf is not NASCAR.

Or you could just have a golf tournament where least amount of strokes wins.....:confused2::confused2::confused2:

Or you could just have a golf tournament where least amount of strokes wins.....:confused2::confused2::confused2:
or give all the players a golf cart and complete it as fast as they can. Make it an event for the fans and turn it into a race track. Why not? Last place still walks away with close to $400k.

Back