2021 weight loss and nutrition thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I know / bet I could do this on my own, I've scheduled a nutritionist consult, they are booked out until December 29th. 2022 is going to be the year, while I'm not massive I'm a big guy on a big frame. Currently 6'4" and 264lb - looking to slim down to about 240 over next year, but not just weight loss but really going back into a healthy (healthier - it's not that I always eat badly, but I could limit it more) journey of food. Since I do nearly all the cooking it should be easier as we don't eat out a lot. I want to get my littles off to a healthy start as well, he's already great about fruits and veggies so we'll just keep riding the wave of momentum.

I am at the end of a new weight cut with a nutritionist coach on Renaissance Periodization. Look them upon Instagram. I went 1-1 coaching and I am almost 40 lbs down since late April when I started. It really is a simple concept they have. They even have an app you can use to do it on your own. A huge support group on Facebook also. I am the absolte pickiest eater so I found things that work and I have stuck with it. After 90 days you go on a maintenance plan as your body needs a break on the cutting. Best of all no waiting till Dec of 2022 to start. You would be done by then. If you have any questions let me know!

My wife did it also which helped. She is now doing a mass it is crazy what she eats but she is getting ripped. Im sitting at 204.6 this morning. My original goal was sub 200. I am so close it is incredible. I NEVER thought I would be at this weight ever again in my life. The results have been really good from this program.

Haven't been around much lots going on but I'm over 80 lbs down now. Been a struggle the last couple of weeks but I keep going.

My diet and exercising hasn't been where I would like it to be, I've caved too much to outside influences, but this week that al changes. I know I have a little travel coming up the 1st of the year, but I will cross that bridge then, for now I am just focused on getting back to my healthier ways, which make me so much happier. it's amazing how much better my mood is when I am eating well and exercising regularly.

Fortunately, I got on the scale and I didn't really cause any major damage. In fact, the number on the scale hasn't changed, but I haven't worked out much the past few weeks so my guess is that more a loss of muscle than anything else. But I got some food prep done already for the week, and got my workout in today, and went shopping earlier today and picked up some great healthy options, and I'm just so excited to get back on track.

I just really need to learn to stand up for myself and say no. I know it may not make everyone around me happy, and I truly am sorry about that, but I have to stay the course here, I have to do it not just for my physical health but my mental healthy too.

Oh, one nice thing was my neighbor had been out of town for the past couple of weeks and she came by to pick up some stuff I was holding for her and she was shocked at how I looked. She said I looked super skinny. Now, I know I don't, but it was still nice to hear that someone could see some changes are happening.

My diet and exercising hasn't been where I would like it to be, I've caved too much to outside influences, but this week that al changes. I know I have a little travel coming up the 1st of the year, but I will cross that bridge then, for now I am just focused on getting back to my healthier ways, which make me so much happier. it's amazing how much better my mood is when I am eating well and exercising regularly.

Fortunately, I got on the scale and I didn't really cause any major damage. In fact, the number on the scale hasn't changed, but I haven't worked out much the past few weeks so my guess is that more a loss of muscle than anything else. But I got some food prep done already for the week, and got my workout in today, and went shopping earlier today and picked up some great healthy options, and I'm just so excited to get back on track.

I just really need to learn to stand up for myself and say no. I know it may not make everyone around me happy, and I truly am sorry about that, but I have to stay the course here, I have to do it not just for my physical health but my mental healthy too.

Oh, one nice thing was my neighbor had been out of town for the past couple of weeks and she came by to pick up some stuff I was holding for her and she was shocked at how I looked. She said I looked super skinny. Now, I know I don't, but it was still nice to hear that someone could see some changes are happening.

The bolded is by far the hardest part in all of this for me. I have a TON of improvement to do in this regard.

The bolded is by far the hardest part in all of this for me. I have a TON of improvement to do in this regard.

Me too. If it was just me, I would already be at my goal, but it's not, and finding the balance between doing what I want, and making other people happy is really really hard. I hate disappointing the people around me, it truly crushes me. I am sorry you struggle with that too. If you have any pointers please let me know, because I continue to fail when it comes to that.

Me too. If it was just me, I would already be at my goal, but it's not, and finding the balance between doing what I want, and making other people happy is really really hard. I hate disappointing the people around me, it truly crushes me. I am sorry you struggle with that too. If you have any pointers please let me know, because I continue to fail when it comes to that.

I really don't have a lot of pointers. I go through spells where it is seemingly easier for me to say "No" and then other times where I struggle a lot with it. I think it is one of those things that just goes against human nature in some regards, we want to please other people.

I am hoping it comes with time, or at least I can find a better balance.

A week of getting back to eating well and working out and I'm down another pound. That's a total of 17 now, and with my new goal that means I have 13 more to go.

That is awesome congrats! I just stopped my cut today and finished at 205lbs! Didn't quite get to my goal but will get after it again soon!

A week of getting back to eating well and working out and I'm down another pound. That's a total of 17 now, and with my new goal that means I have 13 more to go.

You're better than halfway there. Congrats! I remember how I felt when I hit that spot. "Got it on the run, now!"

Proud of you. Beginning Tuesday, I have had 4 good days. Very low carb and about 1500 calories a day. I’m down and moving in a good direction. I’m not going to post a loss yet because I need to stick with this rather than getting lazy and just chucking it. The give up on healthy is heating has been strong this year. The late night binge has been strong. That ish has to stop.

Proud of you. Beginning Tuesday, I have had 4 good days. Very low carb and about 1500 calories a day. I’m down and moving in a good direction. I’m not going to post a loss yet because I need to stick with this rather than getting lazy and just chucking it. The give up on healthy is heating has been strong this year. The late night binge has been strong. That ish has to stop.

The late night cravings are real brother.

Thank you! Low carb and only 1500 calories? You are a better person then me, I couldn’t do it. I eat close 1800 calories a day when I work out and about 1600 on days I don’t, although I don’t count calories either, I just kind of keep a mental note of what I have eaten and I don’t restrict my carbs at all. For me, restricing something is a recipe for disaster, then I want whatever I told myself I can’t have, even if I don’t actually want it.

You will get there, just don’t get mad at yourself if you slip. You’ve got this!

Thank you! Low carb and only 1500 calories? You are a better person then me, I couldn’t do it. I eat close 1800 calories a day when I work out and about 1600 on days I don’t, although I don’t count calories either, I just kind of keep a mental note of what I have eaten and I don’t restrict my carbs at all. For me, restricing something is a recipe for disaster, then I want whatever I told myself I can’t have, even if I don’t actually want it.

You will get there, just don’t get mad at yourself if you slip. You’ve got this!

Morgan I really look up to you and how much you’ve grinded! You are a beast

Morgan I really look up to you and how much you’ve grinded! You are a beast

Thank you so much, it really means a lot to me! This has been a journey that’s for sure. I honestly can’t believe I let myself go like I did. But seeing the progress and fitting back into my clothes and just feeling like “me” again has made this all worth it, and reminded me of the things I love and what’s important to me. I will have bad days, I will have bad weeks, but I will NEVER have bad months or a bad year again. Words cannot express how much better I feel, not just physically, but mentally, with losing this weight. I am finally me again, and it feels freaking great!

Thank you so much, it really means a lot to me! This has been a journey that’s for sure. I honestly can’t believe I let myself go like I did. But seeing the progress and fitting back into my clothes and just feeling like “me” again has made this all worth it, and reminded me of the things I love and what’s important to me. I will have bad days, I will have bad weeks, but I will NEVER have bad months or a bad year again. Words cannot express how much better I feel, not just physically, but mentally, with losing this weight. I am finally me again, and it feels freaking great!

love it! It’s truly an empowering feeling. I talked about it a bit with Dan on the podcast but it’s such a great feeling to be in control of your health.

love it! It’s truly an empowering feeling. I talked about it a bit with Dan on the podcast but it’s such a great feeling to be in control of your health.

I wholeheartedly agree with that! There is so much in our lives we can’t control, but this is actually something we can ( at least to some degree taking genetics out of it of course). Plus you can not just see a difference but feel the difference too. And I truly believe it helps improve your mental well being just as much as it does your physical. I know it has/does for me.

you can not just see a difference but feel the difference too. And I truly believe it helps improve your mental well being just as much as it does your physical. I know it has/does for me.
I have to get back to that. It absolutely helps my outlook on life.

I had a good week. Call it 5 and 2. Onward and downward.

I ended my cut at 205 even. I will say it is nice to have some carbs 🤣. I am going to focus on lifting heavier and more mobility work till I start my cut again. I’m going to break that 200 mark it will not defeat me.

I think these are slowly becoming my new favorite protein bars. super clean, plant based (which is good for me since I am lactose intolerant) and taste damn good. Plus, you can buy them at Walmart so they aren't crazy expensive.

Wife and I started back in September. Supporting our local spots for the last 20 months was not good to us. Not following any special. Just do Salad Mon, Tue, Thur, Friday with a protien. Fish, chicken, beef etc… regular meal Wed, Sat and Sunday. Walking every day. Light weights and stretching everyday. Started at 236, down to 207 this morning.
One thing I’ve noticed and I think is the biggest help is no bread. We threw out a loaf that went bad and still have 2 in the freezer probably getting tossed as well. Carbs are the killers. I’m looking at sub 200 by years end. Last time I was there I was passing it 45 years ago.

Wife and I started back in September. Supporting our local spots for the last 20 months was not good to us. Not following any special. Just do Salad Mon, Tue, Thur, Friday with a protien. Fish, chicken, beef etc… regular meal Wed, Sat and Sunday. Walking every day. Light weights and stretching everyday. Started at 236, down to 207 this morning.
One thing I’ve noticed and I think is the biggest help is no bread. We threw out a loaf that went bad and still have 2 in the freezer probably getting tossed as well. Carbs are the killers. I’m looking at sub 200 by years end. Last time I was there I was passing it 45 years ago.
That's great!

I'm a carbaholic. It's tough sledding staying away from foods I love.

That's great!

I'm a carbaholic. It's tough sledding staying away from foods I love.
It was tough the first 2 weeks, but now it’s become a lifestyle. I live all week for my carbs on Saturday 😂

I have been losing weight all year. I am not sure the total now but I know I am lighter then I have been in over 15 years. I decided to work for UPS for the holiday season. Real estate gets a bit slow and I figured aside from the extra income, I could get some good exercise and not be sitting at home bored. Working 6 days a week walking between 6 and 8 miles a day with a lot of that being apartment stairs has really had an affect. I bet I am down close to 40 pounds from where I was back at the start of the year.

Argh! 220.6. So close to being below 220 for the first time in, well, years! Hoping it will happen later this week.
AC4217E4-3B06-4AE6-B31B-7242FB264FF2.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back