2022 Callaway Rogue ST Driver Lineup

I’m not quite here yet but trend lines are good. The ball just exploded off the face on that one.

Did you do anything for swingweight purposes?
I believe I put the specifics in the "2nd Driver Experiment" thread but essentially I used 3 tungsten cubes wrapped in electrical tape and it got the swing weight near D0 which felt good. The tungsten cubes were meant for pinewood derby cars but fit perfect.
20220602_224837.jpg20220602_224756.jpg

I believe I put the specifics in the "2nd Driver Experiment" thread but essentially I used 3 tungsten cubes wrapped in electrical tape and it got the swing weight near D0 which felt good. The tungsten cubes were meant for pinewood derby cars but fit perfect.
View attachment 9192103View attachment 9192104
I did the same thing! Plus found a heavier screw to add to the heel as I have the Max D.

There is almost a softness to this head when you center it that is very enjoyable.

I did the same thing! Plus found a heavier screw to add to the heel as I have the Max D.
I needed about 6 grams to get my Max ST D up to D2.5 or so after changing shafts and chopping 3/4 inch off the length. I was able to squish just that much lead tape folded up in that little cavity.

My driver swing wasn't the best in my last round but the shorter Rogue kept me in play and kept the penalty shots off the scorecard

Not sure what happened during the little break I took but I seemed to have picked up a stupid amount of distance with the ST Max yet again. Wondering if maybe switching balls had anything to do with it.

Saturday I had 160 in on a 500 yard par 5 which was pretty crazy. On the hole before I had 90 yards in to a 410 yard par 4. Then yesterday I was about 2-3 yards of carry short from landing on a 305 yard green. On the next hole I completely flew a 285 yard pin and ended up a good 10-15 yards past the green.

Not sure what happened during the little break I took but I seemed to have picked up a stupid amount of distance with the ST Max yet again. Wondering if maybe switching balls had anything to do with it.

Saturday I had 160 in on a 500 yard par 5 which was pretty crazy. On the hole before I had 90 yards in to a 410 yard par 4. Then yesterday I was about 2-3 yards of carry short from landing on a 305 yard green. On the next hole I completely flew a 285 yard pin and ended up a good 10-15 yards past the green.
Dude!!!

just what we need...you with more distance.

My Max just continues to deliver when I put anything remotely resembling a good swing on it. I'm not sure I could justify buying another driver right now.

So far the max d has been pretty good off the tee. Main miss is still a slice but not as much these days. I just need to get out and play more. Playing sporadically right now.

I got one of my best drives of the year with my shorter driver with the Rogue ST LS 10.5 head. It was over 290 yards (wind and firm fairway aiding it) but was a perfect tight draw

Hit 3 dimes out of 4 on the par 5s yesterday. First one left me 200 yards in on a par 5, second one left me 158 in, and the third should have left my about 175 but somehow never found the ball even though the line was absolutely perfect. I’ve been absolutely abusing the ball this season with the ST Max.

On a short par 4 I hit a nasty slice that ended up being safe. It was a good 50-60 yards beyond where my old driver would typically land

It’s been a fun summer with the Max D. There is just a pleasing sound when centered and not awful when exploring the face. Been a fairway finder for me playing the 12 deg head.

I am back in a groove with my shorter driver with the Rogue ST LS head set at 11.5 degrees. My swing speed is down a bit and I was coming across the ball and covering it too much lately causing a spinny fade. At the range I got my swing back in a better place and was hitting nice high draws again. I'm hoping it carries over to the course tonight!

Mondays back 9 reminded me why I love my Rogue St Max with the UST Mamiya Linq blue shaft

This is the best 9 holes of driving I've ever had IMG_0760.jpegIMG_0761.jpegIMG_0763.jpegIMG_0765.jpegIMG_0767.jpegIMG_0779.jpegIMG_0780.jpeg

I’ve been driving the ball with my Rogue ST and headed out to a tough driving course for me. There is a lot of danger down the right side that typically doesn’t bode well for my fade. Time to see how that translates today.

The shorter driver (Rogue ST LS with LIN-Q Red) has continued to be a workhorse. In my last round I played a tighter course and it got the call on most holes and kept me in play. I've been working on a fairway finder with it (a squeeze fade) and it has been surprisingly reliable

Found stride with this today. Several really nice drives over 300 yards including a golf ball detonation that was on the front of the green on a 340 yard par 4. Some say its been surpassed by this past years releases but if you're in the market for a really high quality driver I would still very much recommend it.

Put in some work today with my shorter driver (Rogue ST LS). Really finding some form recently with this.
Screenshot_20231013_224035_MLM2PRO.jpg

Decided to try an ST Max D... CPO didn't disappoint as the 'Good' driver arrived and it looks unused apart from a non-standard head cover.

It has the Cypher Black 50 in a regular flex which is interesting as I normally play XS or TX. For some reason this driver was significantly cheaper on CPO than the same spec in Average condition, so I bought it even though the shaft doesn't seem a good fit.

As I'm experimenting with drivers and shafts etc this will be a good test setup. My first go with it and on one set of 5 foam practice balls (which is my normal practice setup) I hit 4 of 5 within 1 yard of each other. So I'm hoping the consistency of strike is there.

A

Done some club testing today and decided that I would unload the rest of my energy into the driver. LINQ Red 8F5 produced 113mph club head speed. 160mph ball speed. 2900 rpm spin...grrrrrrrr 264 carry down the middle. Strikes were lower on the face today so I figure this is the cause for the spin. If I miss this driver this is usually the miss.

Back