2022 Callaway Rogue ST Driver Lineup

The draw head at 12 deg has been fun. Performance is there, sound is even better

So… I’m a slicer. When I hit it well, it’s prob more like a power fade (perhaps even just a fade).

I’ve decided to give the Rogue ST Max D a try (got a good deal on a lightly used head). Here’s my question: is using the shaft adapter to give it a “draw” setting, well, overkill? Like, is the combo of that coupled with the head’s existing draw bias just giving me a face that’s so closed it won’t allow for good contact?

appreciate any and all thoughts (including the obvious: fix my swing, not my club head)

So… I’m a slicer. When I hit it well, it’s prob more like a power fade (perhaps even just a fade).

I’ve decided to give the Rogue ST Max D a try (got a good deal on a lightly used head). Here’s my question: is using the shaft adapter to give it a “draw” setting, well, overkill? Like, is the combo of that coupled with the head’s existing draw bias just giving me a face that’s so closed it won’t allow for good contact?

appreciate any and all thoughts (including the obvious: fix my swing, not my club head)
The "draw" setting makes the driver a little more upright lie setting. This typically brings the ballflight to the left. I don't think it's overkill and you can always play with both.

Have you been fit for clubs before? Did you get irons set to upright? That may indicate the draw setting is good for you.

Briefly played the D at full length while testing a shaft from @Golfers Anonymous. The launch was really nice. Influenced by the LINQ red to be sure, but it was a higher combo than I expected.

I've been using the Max D head for over a year now and it has been fun working on my tee game. I can't say it is the only reason I am rarely slicing, but I would say it has certainly helped.

Having a challenge in playing as often as I would like due to work and just life in general, but the last several rounds that I have out, I have maybe one lazy sliced shot per round. Have gone from at least 50% to the right on driver shots and am now down to 30% headed that way.

As I adjust and dial in a better swing, that 20% I improved from less slicing didn't all miraculously go to the middle, some of it does go left now. Work in progress to keep the right misses down and correct the small amount that goes left to closer to middle.

I’m still pounding along with the Max head at 8 degrees. It was a little heavy at the beginning of the year but I don’t notice it now. Point and shoot a 270 carry most days. Can get that number in the high 280s but can’t always keep it on the planet.
Did switch grips back to a standard size from midsize. More of a feel preference and hoping for a slightly more leftward release.

I’m still pounding along with the Max head at 8 degrees. It was a little heavy at the beginning of the year but I don’t notice it now. Point and shoot a 270 carry most days. Can get that number in the high 280s but can’t always keep it on the planet.
Did switch grips back to a standard size from midsize. More of a feel preference and hoping for a slightly more leftward release.
I'm with you. Playing Max LS 9, turned down to 8. Does what it's supposed to almost every single time. I'm not even really entertaining a switch right now which is the first time in the past 7 years or so I've felt that way

Still loving my Rogue ST Max with the UST Mamiya LINQ Blue shaft

Getting roughly 250 on good swings

IMG_5706.jpegIMG_5707.jpegIMG_5705.png

Last edited:
First of all, I am still getting through this thread (Only on about page 20 of 155) but still reading it. Been a Callaway Homer for 11 years now (since Morgan Cup 2.0) but was almost ready to pull the trigger on the TaylorMade Sim2 Max.

I just received the ST MAX on Saturday, changed the grip to my grip this morning and will be hitting it tomorrow. Not including a ton of pics (just 3, and only one of the driver) in this post as you all already know what it looks like.

Current driver is the 2017 Epic 9 degree with the shaft pictured below. Range between 130 and 140 ball speed with about 190-210 carry on decent/good hits. Before using this shaft I was mostly 120 to 130 ball speed with occasional mid 130s and 170-190 carry. (Quite a difference a shaft change can do.) Where I grip my driver is about an inch to inch and a half from the end on a standard shaft since I am 5'7". I extend a little further back if I want to squeeze a couple more yards out. Hopefully with this driver I can play a little longer effective length shaft.

Will be trying the shaft I bought it with first before trying my current shaft. This is a high launch driver head, so I went with the 9 degree because I demoed a 10.5 degree and I really got height with my shaft in it, which was nice if I could hit with more ball speed (like 170!) so went with the lower degree head. The shaft they had in it was a stock shaft that I hit lower than my shaft but still higher than I want. I got the one with this shaft in it instead of any pf the others that were being sold because I was looking for "Mid" in all specs: torque, kickpoint and launch. Didn't get Project X shafts because the 5.5 is too stiff and the 5.0 shafts they had were high launch. This one seemed to be the most what I am looking for. The 65 gram of the same shaft had little lower torque than what I was wanting.

(Funny thing, when researching this purchase I learned more about shaft specs and what everything means than I ever have!)

Reason I am changing drivers even though I am hitting driver longer and with more ball speed than ever is because I borrowed my buddy's Sim Max-D and gained 10 mph ball speed immediately and was way more accurate on all hits, center face and off center). Quite a difference in technology from 2017 to 2020, and I am getting two more years better tech with the ST MAX.

This comes from Callaway Pre-Owned in Like New condition and the face looks unhit to me, although it did not have the plastic. But the face looks as new as can be. No sky marks or any indication to my eyes that this thing has been hit. $274 and I also has $128 in rewards I had forgotten about so I got it in my bag for about $170 bucks after shipping. I missed the free shipping by a couple weeks. I usually buy "Very Good" condition from CPO have even gotten some clubs with the plastic still on the club but wanted to be sure I got one used a little as possible and for only $22 difference between Like New and Very Good I spent it.

The reason I picked the MAX instead of the Max-D is because I have learnt how to hit a draw and don't really need added help. Yeah the Max has some draw bias but not near as much as the Max-D. I didn't get either of the other two, nor even consider them, because I don't have the swing speeds for them to be honest. I just turned 61 and even though I am reaching higher ball speeds than ever and think it will be going up some more for a while, but expect that speed will be dropping lower sooner than later!

My expectations are high for this driver. I presume I will be at ball speeds at least where I am now. If I don't see ball speeds reaching mid 140s to hopefully 150 I will be disappointed, but where I expect this thing to help me most is dispersion. Even though I can hit draws now, pre-Rogue, I can also now hook it as bad I can slice it. What I will be satisfied with is ball speeds and distance similar to what I got with my buddies Sim Max-D with half the dispersion I have now, i.e. more fairways hit/hitting closer to where I am aiming along with less issues with big hooks and slices.

01.jpg04.jpg07.jpg

I’m still having a hard time getting this one out of my bag. Something about the head just suits my eye and I square up the head easily.

I’m still having a hard time getting this one out of my bag. Something about the head just suits my eye and I square up the head easily.

It takes a bit to let it go because it's so good.

Reactions: MH
I think the Rogue is going to get the call for league tomorrow. Looking forward to it

It really is easy to square it up!

Reactions: MH
It really is easy to square it up!
Especially when a good golfer gives you a little swing tip 😉

Thanks again man. It’s making a difference at the moment

Especially when a good golfer gives you a little swing tip 😉

Thanks again man. It’s making a difference at the moment

That is awesome to hear!

My expectations are high for this driver. I presume I will be at ball speeds at least where I am now. If I don't see ball speeds reaching mid 140s to hopefully 150 I will be disappointed, but where I expect this thing to help me most is dispersion. Even though I can hit draws now, pre-Rogue, I can also now hook it as bad I can slice it. What I will be satisfied with is ball speeds and distance similar to what I got with my buddies Sim Max-D with half the dispersion I have now, i.e. more fairways hit/hitting closer to where I am aiming along with less issues with big hooks and slices.

Well I got through the thread. (I skipped a lot of the opening 15 to 20 days of posts and here and there throughout.) So maybe my expectations got a little higher. :)

It was fun to take this on course yesterday. Keep me in good spots off the tee to allow me to post my best league score of the year. I’m playing it at 43.5” and the consistency I am stating to see makes me debate whether to get weights or hot melt to replace the lead tape. But then I also know that weight placement matters so maybe I leave it alone…
2B64BEEA-C660-423A-9581-54CE404072C1.jpeg

Last edited:
I am pondering grabbing another LS... No reason why.

It was fun to take this on course yesterday. Keep me in good spots off the tee to allow me to post my best league score of the year. I’m playing it at 43.5” and the consistency I am stating to see makes me debate whether to get weights or hot melt to replace the lead tape. But then I also know that weight placement matters so maybe I leave it alone…
View attachment 9188217
Order a heavier screw tonight to clean up a bit of the lead tape. I think the three outside strips will go but the middle stays

I ended up selling my max LS this morning to make room for the zx5 LS testing. Already kinda regretting it. I wish I would just learn to stick with something for 2 years before moving on

Not sure if the longest of the year given the shorter length, but hit the purest drive of the season today with the Max D. Great window, strong trajectory, little baby draw. It was a lot of fun and jaut sounded so pure

Not sure if the longest of the year given the shorter length, but hit the purest drive of the season today with the Max D. Great window, strong trajectory, little baby draw. It was a lot of fun and jaut sounded so pure
I'm playing my Rogue ST LS at 43.5 inches as well with a LIN-Q Red shaft. It's the most consistent driver I've had and the dropoff in distance is minimal. This is my go to!!

It's the most consistent driver I've had and the dropoff in distance is minimal.
I’m not quite here yet but trend lines are good. The ball just exploded off the face on that one.

Did you do anything for swingweight purposes?

Back