2022 Golf Course Memberships

Only change I could foresee is if we leave the course we’re on & go elsewhere but that’s not really an option to be honest. We’ll keep our out of town membership as well.

Relocated to my new house about 5 months ago and haven't joined a club yet. Torn between joining a full service CC or a local public course that has a men's club.

I rejoined my local private club this fall. I didn't keep track but I probably doubled the rounds I had played year to date in just 3 months.
Received a letter from the club yesterday and they are rolling the house fund monies into the dues payment. I anticipate more increases as well.

Still, its the closest and cheapest private club around so I don't foresee going back to the slog of playing public golf....ever.

Same for me, the best option in town for me and the family

No, I will rejoin mine for the 12 straight year probably next week depending on weather. It expired in September but I had to take some time off to let some injuries heal. Only other option I have whre I live is a private course that costs more than I want to pay and it is not that much better.
I still wouldn't mind playing there, just because I haven't yet.

I'll likely, begrudgingly, rejoin my current course. The game I play in is here because the old people in the group don't want to average more than $6 a round on the year. One day I'll get fed up enough to leave and go to a better course.

Oh **** I just looked and my course is increasing memberships from $725 to $1,100 plus instead of $15/round it’s $20/round… will probably still do it, but damn that hurts!
When I heard IV was upping the price, I couldn't pull the trigger. The hour+ drive time makes this price a bit much. I will still get out to play here next year, but I am going back to a more local muni, hopefully hitting their range and short game area more to work on a few things everything.

I still wouldn't mind playing there, just because I haven't yet.

I would like to play there at least once as well just to say I did. I need to make better connections in Thomasville.

When I heard IV was upping the price, I couldn't pull the trigger. The hour+ drive time makes this price a bit much. I will still get out to play here next year, but I am going back to a more local muni, hopefully hitting their range and short game area more to work on a few things everything.
Yea it kills me to do it, but I may just end up only playing there when they have a Group Golfer offer. Still very undecided!

Our club just increased dues to $450/month but, since I live on it, I don’t foresee changing clubs this year. Riding carts are an extra $20 per 18 holes, so I’m in the #pushcartmafia.

I would like to play there at least once as well just to say I did. I need to make better connections in Thomasville.
Do they do any tournaments?

Do they do any tournaments?

Nothing I ever see advertised. From what I have heard, they do a lot of member guest things and some corporate sponsored team scrambles. Nothing that I have seen that you or I could sign up for on our own.

The reopening timetable for my old club looks like it's going to be 12-18 months, so I joined the other club in town. On the plus side it's a bit less expensive, has two 18s, their courses are in better condition than my old club, it has a nice short game practice area, and it's only 4 miles from home. Downsides are that it's more crowded and pace of play is slower during peak season (which is about to start), and the range is mats instead of real grass. Both 18s are more difficult than my former club and are offering new challenges to my game - along with higher scores and a rising handicap!

Another plus is that the new club allows walking - the previous club was carts only, and the long transitions between some holes made it impractical to walk anyway. I haven't walked a full 18 in a while, so I'm going to bust out my Clicgear and walk 9 a couple times to see how it goes. I used to walk all the time and would love to start doing it again.

Already payed my membership for next year at the city owned municipal course. It’s just nine holes but has great greens and t boxes. Fairways are getting better. Just two city employees take care of it full time and they hire a summer seasonal to help mow. It’s a 5 minute drive from my house and it costs 650.00 a year for a family membership, unlimited play, and a cart shed, I have my own cart. No tee times and very rarely busy during the week. A town of about 2000. I have a group I play with and it’s not rare for us to get in 36 holes in when we play our skins game. Very laid back. I’m retired and weather permitting play just about everyday except weekends when it does get somewhat busy. I forget how lucky we are here until I read what others have to pay or have to get tee times way in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few thoughts about the new club so far:

(tl;dr - so far I really like it. Not sure I'd even be willing to go back to my old club whenever they eventually re-open.)

- I like having two 18s. It keeps it interesting and offers more variety, and they're different enough in character that they challenge different parts of your game. Nice to not be confined to playing the exact same course every round. It also spreads the golfers out more than jamming everybody onto one course.

- Both courses are in very good condition, and they take way better care of them than my previous club did.

- Tagging onto the above, they have the best bunkers of any course within 100 miles in any direction. By far. I'm having to re-learn how to play out of actual bunkers with actual sand in them, rather than the pits of hard-packed clay on the other courses that are like hitting off cart paths!

- The greens (on both courses) are murder. They're so hard that you almost never leave a ball mark, and you can't bring a shot in high and steep enough to make it stop, no matter what kind of ball you're playing or how much spin you put on it. If you hit the middle of the green, it's almost guaranteed that you'll roll clear off the back. They're also very fast and contoured, and a lot of the breaks are subtle and hard to read. Others aren't subtle at all - leave yourself above the hole and there's absolutely no way you're going to stop a putt unless it goes in the cup. No matter what you do, you're going to have at least a 6 foot comebacker. If I can get good at reading and putting these greens, I'll probably never again fear fast greens anywhere else.

- It's a lot more active (and organized) than my old club. They have leagues almost every day of the week, a very active men's club that holds an annual club championship (my previous club never had one), a lot of tournaments (both league and charity), and a good youth program (it's also the local high school team's home course). They're big on adaptive golf and have the special carts with swivel seats for handicapped golfers, and also offer disc golf and foot golf at certain times.

- Even though it's a lot busier than my old club, pace of play hasn't been terrible. We're usually finishing in 3:30 - 3:45, I can live with that. January to April will be the peak season, we'll see if it stays that way.

- The clubhouse and restaurant were built in the late '60s, and they look like it. They're not dirty or rundown, just very dated. They're in the planning process of building a whole new facility within the next couple years. The food in the restaurant isn't fancy, but they have variety and everything I've tried so far has been very good.

- The ownership team is two guys who were born and raised here, and grew up playing at this club. They're very hands-on (in a good way), listen to their membership, and are very responsive to issues/concerns. It's a super relaxed, casual atmosphere, but they don't put up with any BS either.

Renewed my membership yesterday for 2022. Actually caught a pretty nice financial break by not renewing 4 months ago when it expired and taking time off to let injuries heal. At that time, I was looking at a $20 per month price hike. Since then they added another membership level which will actually save me about $10 per month compared to what I paid for 2020 - 2021. The only things I lose by getting the Basic Unlimited vs. the Premium Unlimited is free range balls, slightly reduced carts rates and a pro shop discount, none of which I would use except for maybe a couple of times a year. Still get free unlimited walking rounds which is what I use the course for anyways.

Back