Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Never too soon.

What are your goals for 2022?

• Staff
More golf trips.
Get in shape and improve distance.

1. I really really want to get under par. I really need to improve my iron contact.

2. I want to double my play amount.

My simple goal is to hit more GIR. My consistency struggles with my irons this year obviously led to a lot of missed GIR (tough to hit a green when you're shanking every other shot). I'm pretty pleased with the swing cue I've been using, so hopefully practice will hone it in next year.

• Find a balance between smart and aggressive that keeps me focused and gives me more chances.
  • Lose 5 strokes off my cap (17.4).
  • Reduce shots lost to a 10 handicap to sub 1.0 on all stats.
  • Keep finding the joy in a round.

I finally got a travel bag so, play more golf while traveling.

Also, I seriously need to work heavily on my short game.

Win the Victory Cup. Hint hint. :LOL:

1. Play more golf - sign up for men’s league at my home course. Play as a solo more often and play with better golfers to try to raise the boat with the tide.
2. We chatted briefly about a boys trip this year with my regular group and I would love to make that happen, even if it’s just up the road for the weekend.
3. More positive self talk and work on the mental game.
4. Take a playing lesson. Continue the grind that I’ve started this winter towards general improvement.
5. More THP! (Would 😍 to be a part of a team event someday)

1) I'd love to get travelling a bit again, but not sure that's a viable option until this COVID nonsense is in the rear-view.
2) Maintain my current level of play. Ended the 2021 season playing the best golf of my life.
3) Have fun playing with the boys
4) Get out with my son as much as possible

2022 goals - more individual improvement - already working on them. Really focus on minimizing those mishits. Body strengthening (age is working on me), maintain my current swing speed, better off the tee box, better alignment, and killer short game from chipping to putting.

Play a lot more and focus on each shot. I’d like to pare my hcp down 4-5 strokes

Walk more.
Break 80.
Play with more THPers. Managed to play with 3 this year. 4 if you count JB.
I'd like to add - and I'm not sure it's a golf goal - try graphite iron shafts.
More of an equipment goal I guess.

break 90 in a tourney. that's it. when that happens....

Consistently shoot in the 80's. Not sure hoe viable that is for me but I would like to get there.

Play more competitive rounds
Play more with my kiddos
Get back to doing speed sticks
Have a whole lot of fun
Play with more THP’ers

Continue strengthening my knee.
Play more golf.
Play more golf with THPers.
Get my cap under 10.

Break 100 and stay there.
Get driver over 250 consistently.
2 or less 3 putts per 18.
Get a good hybrid shot figured out.

THP goal - play in another event, win a point for my team.

Don't know if I'll get all of them but I think if I can get those first 3 figured out they will equal the fourth one.

Back