2022 Odyssey and Toulon Design Putters

Excluding the tech story, what is it that Odyssey/Toulon is missing?

I dont want to turn this into a bashing Odyssey/ Toulon thing. It's just personal preference. Don't like inserts at all. Don't feel or sound right to me. However plenty of Pros roll them so what do I know. As for the Toulons this go around, I don't like that they are keeping the deep mill. I prefer a very fine mill or completely unmilled flat face. I luckily own one of the 25 Small Batch Santa Monica putters and its Perfect. Nice fine milling, sight dot, and silver mist finish. Was really hoping the new Toulon line would have that milling.

I dont want to turn this into a bashing Odyssey/ Toulon thing. It's just personal preference. Don't like inserts at all. Don't feel or sound right to me. However plenty of Pros roll them so what do I know. As for the Toulons this go around, I don't like that they are keeping the deep mill. I prefer a very fine mill or completely unmilled flat face. I luckily own one of the 25 Small Batch Santa Monica putters and its Perfect. Nice fine milling, sight dot, and silver mist finish. Was really hoping the new Toulon line would have that milling.
I get that, if you don’t like the feel it’s a hard sell.

I live and play golf in Myrtle Beach, and I see about 300-400 bags a week.People come here from all over the country to play golf.I ve honestly never seen a Toulon putter in anyones bag.
Have you guys ever seen one out in the wild?

Last edited:
I understand your personal preferences. We all have them.

Sean Toulon told me this milling has a better sound. feel and more important. Has a better roll than past milling. In his opinion of course.

I probably see about 300-400 different players bags a week down here in Myrtle Beach. People come here from all over the country to play golf.I ve honestly never seen a Toulon putter in anyones bag.
My uncle, a sub-5 cap, rolls an Atlanta 🤷‍♂️

I probably see about 300-400 different players bags a week down here in Myrtle Beach. People come here from all over the country to play golf.I ve honestly never seen a Toulon putter in anyones bag.
I’ve seen a handful. 400 bags a week and you’ve never seen a Toulon?

Only when I play with some fellow THPer's:love:

In all fairness. I've never seen a high end Scotty Cameron either.

I’ve seen a handful. 400 bags a week and you’ve never seen a Toulon?
I honestly never have. I’ve seen pictures and read reviews. I’m sure they’re as good as any other premium putter, but no. I’ve never seen one in anyones bag. 🤷‍♂️

I honestly never have. I’ve seen pictures and read reviews. I’m sure they’re as good as any other premium putter, but no. I’ve never seen one in anyones bag. 🤷‍♂️
I've not paid attention but I don't think I've seen them either. I attribute that to the fact I've never seen them in big box stores either.

Only when I play with some fellow THPer's:love:

In all fairness. I've never seen a high end Scotty Cameron either.
I see a ton of Odysseys and Scotty’s.

I've not paid attention but I don't think I've seen them either. I attribute that to the fact I've never seen them in big box stores either.
Same here.

Impressive. However with that volume of bags I’d have to think you’re just not looking very hard 😆

I live and play golf in Myrtle Beach, and I see about 300-400 bags a week.People come here from all over the country to play golf.I ve honestly never seen a Toulon putter in anyones bag.
Only in another THPer that I play with regular, other than that, No.

Impressive. However with that volume of bags I’d have to think you’re just not looking very hard 😆
I’m totally serious. I’d love to see, roll one. Do you see a lot of people gaming them where you live?

I’ve seen a few. Not as much as Odyssey or TM, but I’ve seen them.

I’m totally serious. I’d love to see, roll one. Do you see a lot of people gaming them where you live?
No they’re not very common although to be honest I’m more likely to see a Ray Cook putter in my group than a Scotty 😆😭

Ray is a classic!
Usually no headcover. Also used to scrape ice off driveways in off-season. Gives me heart palpitations seeing putts rolled with a tin can on a stick. I’d like to introduce them to a White Hot insert 🥰

I don’t know if this was posted yet, but gives great insight on the Tri Hot 5K series with Johnny Wunder and Joe Toulon.

I am a believer of this putter! It is what I was fit into at the Grandaddy.

I must admit, I am a bit underwhelmed, too. Let me quickly go through the different lines.

White Hot OG: I like the 7CH the other new models do nothing for me. With the new neck placement the seven nano looks like it sits very flat to me. Would've like to see a No. 9 or a No. 6 Long-Neck.

Eleven: Don't like the look at all. Too many sharp lines all around. Looks a bit like a Transformers to me. Good on Odyssey for including a center-shafted model and a lot of different options in general.

Tri-Hot 5K: Interesting concept. Reminds me a lot of the Ping JAS Anser. Would've liked to see an 8802-shape given their most famous player won a major using one.

Toulon: Daytona beach looks cool. Would prefer a fly mill or smooth face over the diamond mill. The feel is of the previous Toulon putters was very mushy imo. I hope the garage is better executed this time around. A lot of options like the Latrobe or the Crank-Neck Las Vegas seemed to have disappeared when I last checked.

WhichTri Hot were you fit into and what putter did it replace?
I was fit into the TriHot 5K One. It replaced the Stroke Lab 7S.

How much softer does the white hot feel vs the microhinge star?
Quite a bit different. The construction of the body is more substantial in the 7S so that plays a part too.

Back