2022 Odyssey and Toulon Design Putters

Gold is my Alma mater color. I will seriously freak out if a gold putter is released. 😅

Made some adjustments to my pre putt (Kind of a Tiger crouch while setting the lines on my ERC soft) and definitely seems to be helping. Still figuring out if I’ll stay with the current weight.

I can’t find online where to buy two 30g weights for my Double Wide. Do they exist and if so where can I find them?

Thanks!

I can’t find online where to buy two 30g weights for my Double Wide. Do they exist and if so where can I find them?

Thanks!
I had to reach out to customer service to get weights when I was looking for my Eleven. Not sure about the 30g weights, but could be worth a shot.

Thanks!
25g is the heaviest that I know of.

25g is the heaviest that I know of.
Yeah, it’ll be lead tape time I guess. I use (and love) the Lamkin rubber large sinkfit grip on all of my putters. For my 35” Scotty Squareback I went from 10g weights to 15g weights and it made the putter balance absolutely spot on. I wanted to increase the putter head weight by 10g on my Double Wide as I honestly prefer the feel of the white hot face but I can’t game it until I balance it out a bit better. Lead tape is so ugly and I’m a b*tch but desperate times and all lol

Gave the Toulon a break for a bit and have been using my Tri Hot DW the last couple times out. Greens are punched but I’ve been dialed! It’s about the only thing that’s dialed right now.

Six birdies on 18 holes. I guess that means wedges and irons are doing alright but the putter just feels good! I’m a bigger fan of the milled Toulon face but this WH insert has seemed like it’s retaining ball speed on these punched greens very well. Stoke hasn’t been the best either but the forgiveness of these is top notch still.

Glad I pulled this one back out!

So I‘ve had my 2023 Toulon San Diego about a month. I think over the weeks I’ve settled in. For a milled putter it’s very quiet on impact which takes some getting use to. Having played a Scotty Newport and X5 in the past a lot it’s really interesting how different the feel is even between them as far as the milling. I think playing triple track has really helped make sure the putts are rolling smooth and that the lines are staying straight through the roll. Overall I think it’s a very solid putter. The dark finish is very nice. I think the feedback sound wise takes some getting use to. I know early on I couldn’t register whether the putt was going to be good or bad because it’s very subtle. I think after a few rounds you’ll figure out the feedback. Right now putting wise there’s been really hot rounds and some rounds where things are a bit cold especially on tougher greens whether not having lots of time still with it versus some other putters in the collection catches up. Generally right now the issue has been leaving it short which is a bit different from my putting normally but I think that’s still getting use to the feel. What I will say is it’s been a putter dual between my San Diego and CH7 as far as being really hot. I will say I’m curious to see in Dec what grip I go into because I definitely feel like that stuff is critical for my putting being that I’m a feel type player.

Mother of god

My days with my Toulon Chicago are numbered. Just seem to have lost my touch.
Not keen on giving up on it anytime soon but I am looking at adding a mallet option to my bag.

I am looking at picking up either a Le Mans or a Daytona Beach mallet.
There doesn't seem to be any explanation online on what the differences are between the two.
Is it just a visual thing or are they setup different for a different putting stroke?

Any help or info would be appreciated from all the Toulon folks on here.

Last edited:
My days with my Toulon Chicago are numbered. Just seem to have lost my touch.
Not keen on giving up on it anytime soon but I am looking at adding a mallet option to my bag.

I am looking at picking up either a Le Mans or a Daytona Beach mallet.
There doesn't seem to be any explanation online on what the differences are between the two.
Is it just a visual thing or are they setup different for a different putting stroke?

Any help or info would be appreciated from all the Toulon folks on here.

So they are a pretty similar putter. Comes down to what you want shape / size wise. I haven't putted with a Le Mans but it's essentially the Odyssey Eleven shape so it's a pretty sizable mallet. The Daytona Beach is slightly more compact and a bit more sleek in my opinion.

Le Mans is completely face balanced and the Daytona is 10* of toe hang so not a ton of difference in stoke for either one. I'd just go with whichever one you like the look of better.

So they are a pretty similar putter. Comes down to what you want shape / size wise. I haven't putted with a Le Mans but it's essentially the Odyssey Eleven shape so it's a pretty sizable mallet. The Daytona Beach is slightly more compact and a bit more sleek in my opinion.

Le Mans is completely face balanced and the Daytona is 10* of toe hang so not a ton of difference in stoke for either one. I'd just go with whichever one you like the look of better.

Thanks @Muchmore18! That is great information!

Couldn't resist picking up a Daytona Beach from CPO on Black Friday sale last week.
Played my first round with it and it was just incredible - birdied the third hole from 30 ft!
Missed three birdies and made a couple of par putts that were from 10 ft plus distance.

I am due for a putter fitting soon where I am hoping to compare with the new Ai-One Milled putters.

PXL_20231204_123353123.jpg PXL_20231204_123313316.jpg

Couldn't resist picking up a Daytona Beach from CPO on Black Friday sale last week.
Played my first round with it and it was just incredible - birdied the third hole from 30 ft!
Missed three birdies and made a couple of par putts that were from 10 ft plus distance.

I am due for a putter fitting soon where I am hoping to compare with the new Ai-One Milled putters.

View attachment 9226953 View attachment 9226954

That's a really good looking putter. Love the DB.

That's a really good looking putter. Love the DB.

Absolutely! Was seriously considering the Le Mans but the DB won out for me.

Played another round with the Daytona Beach and it is absolutely fantastic.
The course we played had much slower greens that were a challenge compared to the fast greens I normally play on.

Lag putting from a distance is fantastic - just feel so confident over the ball with this putter.
Putting from within 10 ft is also really good but I felt like I was closing the face a little on a few putts.
But overall it just felt fantastic in the hands and gives so much confidence over the ball.

Not sure why my Chicago has turned so bad on me but it's interesting to compare the feel and touch between a blade and mallet putter.
The Chicago has great feel on short putts but has become much harder to control on long lag putts.
The DB in comparison is just automatic from far. Close to the cup has also been great but just feels different.
Will have to play a few more rounds to get a better feel for the DB but results so far are great.

Played another round with the Daytona Beach and it is absolutely fantastic.
The course we played had much slower greens that were a challenge compared to the fast greens I normally play on.

Lag putting from a distance is fantastic - just feel so confident over the ball with this putter.
Putting from within 10 ft is also really good but I felt like I was closing the face a little on a few putts.
But overall it just felt fantastic in the hands and gives so much confidence over the ball.

Not sure why my Chicago has turned so bad on me but it's interesting to compare the feel and touch between a blade and mallet putter.
The Chicago has great feel on short putts but has become much harder to control on long lag putts.
The DB in comparison is just automatic from far. Close to the cup has also been great but just feels different.
Will have to play a few more rounds to get a better feel for the DB but results so far are great.

Nice! Glad you’ve found options you’re enjoying!

I like my eleven tour issue CS, but I’m still waiting on an AI version of this. Anyone else waiting on a similar release? :/

I like my eleven tour issue CS, but I’m still waiting on an AI version of this. Anyone else waiting on a similar release? :/
I feel like the ten and elevenneed more options

Back