2022 TaylorMade STEALTH Drivers

@OldandStiff has the glossy crown at address on the TSR3 been a distraction at all compared to Stealth? Head shape wise I do think the TSR3 looks better but I really wish it would have been matte instead of gloss black. Maybe distraction is the wrong word but do you have a preference right now?
I do. I absolutely prefer the matte. I talked about that in the TSR thread recently when showing comparison photos. I got shined by the TSR3 the other day and as gorgeous as it is, it is difficult to go back to that after this much time in with the Stealth Plus matte crown.

I have a question for the people using one, or who keep up on all the goings on, or may have some insider insight. @JB if you have any input it would be appreciated. There's no intention behind my asking other than to figure out my own data.

Has anyone heard about creep, or any faces getting faster, or any of that stuff?? I haven't, but I could have absolutely missed it being talked about on social or wherever else. Faces can and do get faster. Has anything weird about that been observed with these?

I have a question for the people using one, or who keep up on all the goings on, or may have some insider insight. @JB if you have any input it would be appreciated. There's no intention behind my asking other than to figure out my own data.

Has anyone heard about creep, or any faces getting faster, or any of that stuff?? I haven't, but I could have absolutely missed it being talked about on social or wherever else. Faces can and do get faster. Has anything weird about that been observed with these?
I haven’t heard about the carbon face getting springier. If it does have creep, I’m not sure it’s measurable on anything other than a CT machine.

I know it’s well documented with composite baseball bats. Would love to see some data on the current driver heads.

There was definitely a lot of speculation on the forum regarding the issue when the release was announced. Just curious… You play as much as anyone I know. Do you see anything anecdotally that suggests that yours is getting faster, aside from whatever your own swing is doing?

I do. I absolutely prefer the matte. I talked about that in the TSR thread recently when showing comparison photos. I got shined by the TSR3 the other day and as gorgeous as it is, it is difficult to go back to that after this much time in with the Stealth Plus matte crown.
If you're not concerned with resale, a little 3000 grit abralon pad can fix that gloss issue.

There was definitely a lot of speculation on the forum regarding the issue when the release was announced. Just curious… You play as much as anyone I know. Do you see anything anecdotally that suggests that yours is getting faster, aside from whatever your own swing is doing?
I'm seeing something in direct head to heads that has me curious.

If you're not concerned with resale, a little 3000 grit abralon pad can fix that gloss issue.
Haha I was the one who started the sanding of the outer ring on the Stealths to take the glossy finish off. Posted videos and everything. I mentioned in the TSR thread something might have to be done about it.

Every time out.

I don't understand it.

I have not, but in fairness I don't play enough/hit enough balls to see something like that for quite some time. I can say this is the first driver/shaft combo that I've had in many years that I'm not even considering looking at anything else as I roll into the winter/off-season in my part of the country. It's been a really, really good performer for me.

Hit a new offering against my stealth and I’m maybe slightly surprised (not?) the stealth will not be unseated. I’ll keep trying though! 😆

Hit a new offering against my stealth and I’m maybe slightly surprised (not?) the stealth will not be unseated. I’ll keep trying though! 😆
New offering, TSR? or 🤐 from unannounced item?

While I love the red face and my custom blue one, this is how the Stealth should have looked from the beginning....not as a limited release blacked out

A4E3120C-AB54-4E4F-911E-E7C1AC3F4AF6.jpeg25369052-FEA2-480A-AD85-2F30D2813FA4.jpeg7FF2CAC2-3C20-44C5-822C-E481052DC36E.jpegF2F616B1-3A13-4F45-B8BD-64CDA04635DB.jpeg

Last edited:
Just needs to loose the glossy lip stick.

That looks goooooood.

This thing is still pretty much undefeated on course for me. I should have played it yesterday to hurt its stats. Fore... everywhere! Lol
between this release and the raw p7mc's I think its time to use some TM loyalty points....... and Spider GT Truss haha

between this release and the raw p7mc's I think its time to use some TM loyalty points....... and Spider GT Truss haha
You want the Raw MCs? I think they're just getting rid of heads they didn't finish. :LOL: And you're going to get to hit the new ones in a couple months.

Last edited:
You want the Raw MCs? I think they're just getting rid of heads they didn't finish. :LOL: And you're going to get to hit the new ones in a couple months.
LOL yea thats probably the case haha. Here's some leftover unsold product we could sell.....

Thats the tough part is knowing new ones are coming yet tempted to pay full price for something "limited

I dig this, but I actually dont mind the red face at all any more. I actually dont even think I notice it either way.
The red face never bothered me either. I like it alot and love how different it is...... I just meant for the "Stealth" name, the blacked out look would make more sense

Acquired a 9* Stealth Plus the other day in trade for a Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS. Have only used it for 9 holes and the club was set up totally wrong for me but I still hit it very solid. It was set in the upright position with the sliding weight all the way in the draw position and I did not have a wrench with me. Hit a few pull hooks, which was not surprising seeing that I naturally play a draw when swinging well, but they were still more solid strikes than I was hitting with the Rogue. Just seems that I am able to swing it faster than the Rogue for some reason and the strikes seem more solid. Similar weight and profile shafts in both. The Stealth Plus has a Fujikura Ventus Red 5 shaft in it. I have already acquired a TM adapter and will likely order another one to try an Accra and Autoflex in it.

Just set it to how I am guessing will work best for me (10.5 degrees and sliding weight halfway between the middle and end of the fade side) and hit 20 or so balls into my backyard net. Felt extremely solid so looking forward to hitting some balls with it in that setting where I can see the ball flight in the next few days.

I've been hitting the Stealth for about 6 months now. It's a faster club and very forgiving. Hitting fairways at an higher percentage and averaging about 315 yards. Over 12 yards longer and straighter.

Great driver.

I believe the Stealth Plus has finally been dialed in. Today was the first time playing with it on the course since the 9 holes when I first got it and it was set up totally wrong for me. I did shorten the club to play at 45.25" instead of the stock 45.75" and taking that half inch off worked out perfect for me becaue it brought it to exactly my desired D2 swing weight. After trying 3 different configurations with the loft and sliding weight with varying success on the front 9, I set the loft to 9.75 and the sliding weight halfway between the center and the extreme fade end and the resulting drives on the back 9 were all high, very contollable draws, which is my desired ball flight.

Back