2022 TaylorMade STEALTH Drivers

MCA has said the TM shaft is the same as the aftermarket part.
Haha Well, once again TM can probably thank themselves for this type of confusion. Thousands of people have already heard the opposite now.

Ok. Maiden voyage was tonight. I’m going to start with what will likely be the most polarizing thing about this club.

The face. It is red. It is obviously red and that will be very noticeable on the shelf. You’ll know it’s a stealth hanging there. You may say to yourself, “self, I don’t know if I can play a driver with a red face. It will be distracting.” For me, tonight, the red face was absolutely a non issue. Never at address did I notice or think about the fact that the face is red. There was so little of it visible that the face could have neon pink and it wouldn’t have mattered.

So, I was expecting the club to feel super muted. I ended last season with the sim. I like the carbon feel and off the button, that thing was butter to me. Well, the Stealth isn’t that full muted feel or sound. It’s not tinny either though. It’s just very neutral. Feels powerful. Like the ball just sinks in a fraction further before leaving the face. Very impressed.

The looks are hands down fantastic. It’s such a classic looking head. Sits very neutral to my eye. The matte carbon and the shiny black combine for a very subtle look behind the ball. Aside from the very small T logo, the crown looks so clean.

Now, the simulator I’ve been playing in is no gcquad or trackman. It’s a uneekor. The ball flight numbers it gives me are suspect. So I won’t come in here claiming that I have gained anything. The only number that I find to be consistent with what I’ve seen in the past is the ball speed. But, given the variance in the rest, I cannot say that it’s 100% accurate. But since it has been consistent to this point, it is worth at least mentioning.

So far, in my Minnesota winter league playing 9 holes every 2 weeks, my ball speed has been around 165. Probably topping out at 170. Tonight, I was seeing anywhere from 168-175mph. So at first glance it would look like there’s potential for gains. But, since the simulator is less than perfect, it calls for more testing before I make a claim of 3-5mph ball speed gained.

But, if anything, it tells me that there is some potential that is worthy of being explored. And to be honest the thought of that being possibly true has me pretty jacked up.

The bad news is that this will be the last time I can wing a club for about a month. Surgery this week, and hopefully after a short rehab I’ll be able to work back into some golf.
Great info. I decided to pre-order one, just because it is something so different, it will be fun to see. Your summary here gets me excited.

Good luck with the procedure. I hope you are back at it quickly.

I had gotten a Diamana PD about a month ago. So, I just went with that straight away. I ordered it to play long because I went down to a 60 gram range shaft and wasn’t sure what length I’d end up with. So, I think it’s playing around 46.25” lol. I am thinking I will be cutting an inch off and getting some weight added to the head. Current head weight without adapter is 197. So it’s not super light.
46.25" ?? Taking that SIM league SERIOUS. :LOL:

Also, dammit. I was hoping for some feedback. My shaft pondering is stagnant.

Ian mentioned in their Q & A today that the stock Kai'li White is a made for shaft.

i saw mca respond somewhere else that it’s real deal

I think the shaft feels great. I don’t have hard numbers to back it up though lol. It feels very robust if that means anything. Ultra smooth but very stable. Like I don’t have enough in my tank to overpower it at the moment. 6X tipped 1”. It’s a low/low shaft that doesn’t feel really boardy. My only concern is that I like how it’s balanced now. If I cut it down that much I may have to go with a 7X. But, I am not super excited to spend $300 again so we’ll see how the 6X works haha.

And FWIW, I just requested it to play 46”. It comes in a little longer than that. I’ve been using 70 gram shafts for a while. But, getting older and all I wanted to look into dropping a little weight. So, I just wasn’t sure if I’d go right to 45” or maybe settle at 45.5” so, I left myself some room to trim it down.

that was a spin issue with sldr. one would hope tm is finally making a driver with playable spin on mishits, or even if not mishits just enough spin to hold the line when spin axis tilt gets a little aggressively past a 0-0 swing. some early indications are that they have. but @erock9174 gave some feedback above that makes me think they have not. gotta test it for yourself.

Yes, SLDR was low spin monster and I needed a 12* for the proper window......M5 has far more spin and I played 9*, SIM is shallow faced and 10.5 worked well with a few different shafts.....
STEALTH PLUS is a combo of the forgiveness in the SIM2 lowish spin of the SIM in a great looking(to me) package
Having said that , I've hit it with multiple shafts and for my horrible swing the accra tz6 m3 really brings the 10.5 one click up setting to life!
I'm low 90s CHS , hit most fairways like @Snickerdog with most drivers, looking for that extra 5-10 of consistent carry .....haven't gotten on course yet but I'm definitely seeing an easier launch window with STEALTH PLUS. Playing both chrome soft and 21 prov1 for reference

Diamana PD is a smoother Ventus Black to me. Ive had the PD for 2 months in a 70x which is typically too heavy for me in driver but it is what gave me the best results at my last CC fitting. When I tried the ventus black 7x the same day I had a harder time turning it over. Black 6x worked pretty well but dispersion with the PD 70x was better. I did drop a little ball speed

CC didnt have a PD 60x or 60tx but I think these would be the perfect sweet spot. 60x id try tipping, 60tx I would try straight in

By the time I can afford one of those, I'll be too old to swing it.:(

Ok. Maiden voyage was tonight. I’m going to start with what will likely be the most polarizing thing about this club.

The face. It is red. It is obviously red and that will be very noticeable on the shelf. You’ll know it’s a stealth hanging there. You may say to yourself, “self, I don’t know if I can play a driver with a red face. It will be distracting.” For me, tonight, the red face was absolutely a non issue. Never at address did I notice or think about the fact that the face is red. There was so little of it visible that the face could have neon pink and it wouldn’t have mattered.

So, I was expecting the club to feel super muted. I ended last season with the sim. I like the carbon feel and off the button, that thing was butter to me. Well, the Stealth isn’t that full muted feel or sound. It’s not tinny either though. It’s just very neutral. Feels powerful. Like the ball just sinks in a fraction further before leaving the face. Very impressed.

The looks are hands down fantastic. It’s such a classic looking head. Sits very neutral to my eye. The matte carbon and the shiny black combine for a very subtle look behind the ball. Aside from the very small T logo, the crown looks so clean.

Now, the simulator I’ve been playing in is no gcquad or trackman. It’s a uneekor. The ball flight numbers it gives me are suspect. So I won’t come in here claiming that I have gained anything. The only number that I find to be consistent with what I’ve seen in the past is the ball speed. But, given the variance in the rest, I cannot say that it’s 100% accurate. But since it has been consistent to this point, it is worth at least mentioning.

So far, in my Minnesota winter league playing 9 holes every 2 weeks, my ball speed has been around 165. Probably topping out at 170. Tonight, I was seeing anywhere from 168-175mph. So at first glance it would look like there’s potential for gains. But, since the simulator is less than perfect, it calls for more testing before I make a claim of 3-5mph ball speed gained.

But, if anything, it tells me that there is some potential that is worthy of being explored. And to be honest the thought of that being possibly true has me pretty jacked up.

The bad news is that this will be the last time I can wing a club for about a month. Surgery this week, and hopefully after a short rehab I’ll be able to work back into some golf.
Good read. Have not played TM drivers in a while. I have games many TM drivers and for me they all performed great. Most recent was M2 and M4. Both good drivers but I preferred the M2 . There are TM doubters but that was never my experience. I know the red face will not bother me and the bigger profile with the face technology has peaked my interest. TM will sell a ton of this new model no doubt. I just had surgery on both hands and will be on the mend for at least 3 weeks. Interesting that I owned the old Yonex carbon driver and hated it. Never games it because range sessions with it was not good enough to be a gamer. When able I will check out the red faced beauty and thinking I will be all in. I am not pleased with the look of the sole area but no biggie if it works.

Good read. Have not played TM drivers in a while. I have games many TM drivers and for me they all performed great. Most recent was M2 and M4. Both good drivers but I preferred the M2 . There are TM doubters but that was never my experience. I know the red face will not bother me and the bigger profile with the face technology has peaked my interest. TM will sell a ton of this new model no doubt. I just had surgery on both hands and will be on the mend for at least 3 weeks. Interesting that I owned the old Yonex carbon driver and hated it. Never games it because range sessions with it was not good enough to be a gamer. When able I will check out the red faced beauty and thinking I will be all in. I am not pleased with the look of the sole area but no biggie if it works.
Definitely does not feel like what I was expecting. Very lively. I was expecting some strange dull empty feel. Not the case here.

Definitely does not feel like what I was expecting. Very lively. I was expecting some strange dull empty feel. Not the case here.
I thought it would be a dull, dead feel also and was very surprised at how good it feels.

I thought it would be a dull, dead feel also and was very surprised at how good it feels.
completely agree. Original SIM sounded and felt dull/dead compared to Stealth

if anything I would say the carbon face feels like it is absorbing the impact and has a noticeable trampoline effect/feel on centered strikes

Since beginning my golf journey last year I have never thirsted after a new club until the Stealth driver and after the feedback here I'm even more thirsty.

i hit about 4 or 5 balls with a tour issue stealth plus 9*, with a hzrdus rdx blue 6.5 (i think) today. so basically, if you could try to design a driver build for me that would be guaranteed to fail, it would probably be this. and fail it did. CRAZY low launch. didn't really carry far. felt ok. the red is very visible at address, but it's not offensive and would eventually be fine.

the guy who brought the driver (a local club fitter) hit it fantastically well. that said, he hit plenty of drives very well, and on some of those holes i hit my drive decently and we were very close to each other. i do think the plus spun too much for him.

even though this was a build that decidedly did NOT have my name written all over it, it was enough to show me this is a driver i'm not interested in at all. i'm very content with what i have. the fitter said distance wasn't as good as his sim2, but he did say dispersion seemed to be better.

i hit about 4 or 5 balls with a tour issue stealth plus 9*, with a hzrdus rdx blue 6.5 (i think) today. so basically, if you could try to design a driver build for me that would be guaranteed to fail, it would probably be this. and fail it did. CRAZY low launch. didn't really carry far. felt ok. the red is very visible at address, but it's not offensive and would eventually be fine.

the guy who brought the driver (a local club fitter) hit it fantastically well. that said, he hit plenty of drives very well, and on some of those holes i hit my drive decently and we were very close to each other. i do think the plus spun too much for him.

even though this was a build that decidedly did NOT have my name written all over it, it was enough to show me this is a driver i'm not interested in at all. i'm very content with what i have. the fitter said distance wasn't as good as his sim2, but he did say dispersion seemed to be better.
Not gonna lie, 2 guys banging away with a bad fit out there and basing anything off it would be pretty standard golf if one wasn't you, and the other wasn't a fitter. Regardless of what club it is/was. The hell is going on down there in FL? :LOL:

I'd love to see a test of old farts like me trying the 12° Stealth against Callaway, Cobra, Ping, and Titleist 12° model. Tour Edge too..
A guy with 280 carry still getting 280 is entertaining enough--glad I watched it-- but not providing useful information to me.

That said, my early eighties TM Pittsburgh Persimmin 12, 17, 20, 23° set is still perfctly playable, so TaylorMade clearly doesn't suck.

Not gonna lie, 2 guys banging away with a bad fit out there and basing anything off it would be pretty standard golf if one wasn't you, and the other wasn't a fitter. Regardless of what club it is/was. The hell is going on down there in FL? :LOL:

meh, i know what i like and need well enough to know whether something will work for me even if that specific setup isn't great. it probably doesn't help that i've watched a ton of videos, and so far i haven't seen anything compelling about the stealth yet. my fitter buddy hit it great, but he already had it on his quad with his preferred shaft and said it's spinning too high for him. i'd agree, if i can keep up with some of his better drives then it's not a good fit for him seeing that he's about 10-12mph faster than i am.

I'm dying over here 😂

Back