2022 TaylorMade STEALTH Drivers

Last I checked still number two in the world and probably has the highest upside in the TM stable. Let the other kids have their fun. Lol
Yeah that's part of what I mean. Can they do something other than a long drive where he can school the crap out of them or something. Lol

I finally saw the head today, too. It is a perfect shape to my eye.

I wonder if the Stealth (not plus) would be the fit for you.

i hit the stealth, not the plus

They have their iron release in the fall, maybe Morikawa can get his revenge then.

Not yet. Got the notification it was delivered, booked home to see this fiery blazey facey goodness. Looks really good with the red smoke and CP2 pro mid grip on it (I kinda like matching)... Gonna try tomorrow.
I think you are really going to like that Hzrdus Smoke Red. I once had the OG Hzrdus Red and didn’t really get along with it. My swing may be different now, but I hit it in a Stealth hybrid today and loved, absolutely loved it.

Give us your feedback when you have some.

i hit the stealth, not the plus
I have never heard of a sub 1000 spin on a well struck shot. It makes one question the launch monitor. Even setting that aside, it is crazy low spin for the head profile. Wow, just wow.

Yeah that's part of what I mean. Can they do something other than a long drive where he can school the crap out of them or something. Lol
I haven’t watched the video, but my question is how can you have 170 ball speed and only get 259 carry. The smash factor would have to be horrible.

I don’t think that I have seen a release where the reports on spin are so over the map. Many, like you and @McLovin are reporting outrageously low spin. Many are also saying that it might spin right about the same or a touch higher than SIM2. I am not sure what to make of it.

My take would be people don’t strike the ball as well as they think they do, especially the ones reporting extremely low numbers.

They have their iron release in the fall, maybe Morikawa can get his revenge then.
By then, Tiger will be back, showing them how to work a 5 iron in from 160 yards or how to knock out various glass targets with stinger shots. Poor guy can’t win, other than his world ranking, his collection of majors, his beautiful wife/girl friend, etc.

I have never heard of a sub 1000 spin on a well struck shot. It makes one question the launch monitor. Even setting that aside, it is crazy low spin for the head profile. Wow, just wow.

it wasn't even a high strike. my guess is it's my typical "miss" where i don't have a lot of wrist set, aoa is up quite a bit and path is too much from the inside. but i middled it as far as i could tell. it started on line, then swerved to the left haha

but even when i was swinging better, more the way i want to, i still saw several shots spinning in the 1,300 - 1,600 range. who knows.

I haven’t watched the video, but my question is how can you have 170 ball speed and only get 259 carry. The smash factor would have to be horrible.
I think smash was fine. It just peeled right almost as much as it went straight. Lol

I think you are really going to like that Hzrdus Smoke Red. I once had the OG Hzrdus Red and didn’t really get along with it. My swing may be different now, but I hit it in a Stealth hybrid today and loved, absolutely loved it.

Give us your feedback when you have some.

I was told the smoke red will launch higher than the av raw blue I played in the Sim2 Max... I still have that as well so we'll see how it all plays out. Gotta get a couple of other shafts retipped now

I think smash was fine. It just peeled right almost as much as it went straight. Lol

The best part of the whole video was Sergio coming over and yelling 259 and then losing his shite.

10b2ff22cc09ae7d87ff711566c1a53e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think that I have seen a release where the reports on spin are so over the map. Many, like you and @McLovin are reporting outrageously low spin. Many are also saying that it might spin right about the same or a touch higher than SIM2. I am not sure what to make of it.
I guess its player dependent, but for me, the Stealth+ is nowhere near as low spin as SIM or even SIM2. I've yet to have a ball go sub 2100. Im +4 AoA and have had some high strikes and still see great spin numbers. Its why ive kept saying I think the face really retains spin and speed better than any driver ive hit

SIM was the foresight launch monitor king for me. Consistently 1600 - 1800 spin

I’ve hit about 40 shots with the Stealth+ at 9º and the Kai’li stiff shaft on two different GC2’s. My spin, other than 3 or 4 outliers, was all in that 2,300-2,700 window. The lowest was 1890. I’m definitely a high spin player but this is only a couple hundred RPM less than my Ping 425 LST and not any different than my old Epic SZ.

I've not hit the Stealth yet, but I get some stupid low driver spin numbers on well struck shots from time to time. I have a GC2/HMT combo at my house and have always seen that and it's been consistent with what I see on the course. Interestingly, my irons and wedges come in between mid and high spin. Just something odd about the way I swing a driver I guess.

I just got back from a tournament at Pebble/Spyglass/Spanish Bay and the put trackman on us for a quasi long drive competition on the 1st hole at Spanish Bay. I ended up 6th out of about 100 golfers in distance at 302 yrds, but only 38th in ball speed at 155mph. Launch was 15 degrees with 1,600 spin. That was with a Mavrik head and Autoflex shaft. I'm probably going to be a terrible fit for the Stealth. We will see.

3 wood and hybrid will be in hand Monday.... The MyStealth did update to Feb 25th so hopefully thats accurate. I ordered the MyStealth about 2 weeks after release and figured it would take a little longer anyways

Not that I want it to be delayed but even if this doesnt ship until March I still wouldn't be able to use it outside anyway

The TXG video today was the Stealth and not the Plus, but it seemed to have an ample amount of spin.

The TXG video today was the Stealth and not the Plus, but it seemed to have an ample amount of spin.
I skimmed through it. Was curious why they chose the regular when going up against the SLDR. But, whatever.

I can’t watch until later but TXG is comparing this vs SLDR

really can’t wait to see that comparison!!! I’ve hit some of the farthest drives of my life by far with the 430 SLDR. Also set an all time high of lost balls in a year

I can’t watch until later but TXG is comparing this vs SLDR

really can’t wait to see that comparison!!! I’ve hit some of the farthest drives of my life by far with the 430 SLDR. Also set an all time high of lost balls in a year
Don't get to excited. They're nothing alike. Lol The entire conversation that people keep trying to perpetuate that they're in any way comparable is ridiculous.

And they use the non plus version, at 2.5 degrees less loft. So it's not much of a comparison. And it still spins more than the sldr. :LOL:

I had some very interesting conversations with a callaway rep (longest tenured rep for Callaway) around this driver yesterday. He said it is very impressive and center punched "could" be the fastest out there this year. He just thinks in the aggregate and all when factoring strikes all over the face the net number the Rogue wins. Which could be true, I have yet to put them head to head.

I also asked if he thought Callaway would do carbon faces again. He said, "considering the last one cost a few people their job, probably not any time soon".

I skimmed through it. Was curious why they chose the regular when going up against the SLDR. But, whatever.
The idea was high MOI vs low MOI but it didn't pan out. In my opinion. He hit the SLDR far better.

Just a reminder that the factory specs for the Stealth and Stealth Plus are 45.75" long and D4/5 swingweight, and there are different factory sliding weight mass options for the Stealth Plus.

Most of the drivers I've ordered in the last 5 years came from the factory at 45" and a D2 swingweight, so I had to order my Stealth+ at 1.25" short to get it to my desired 44.5" length. They do automatically adjust the weight heavier when you order it shorter than standard. When I watched our pro order mine their were something like 5 different options for the mass of the sliding weight and I went with one that would put the swing weight at a D-2, not the weight that the Taylormade website pulldown defaulted to.

Back