2022 TaylorMade STEALTH Drivers

Does it sound thwack-y?

It.. can. Lol I don't have many vids yet, but this is the widest range of sounds I could make quick. About the only time it sounds near-metal is when you're in a cone of tall trees. In the wide open it sounds like a bat, or a dull nothingness to me.

It's kinda satisfying though.

It.. can. Lol I don't have many vids yet, but this is the widest range of sounds I could make quick. About the only time it sounds near-metal is when you're in a cone of tall trees. In the wide open it sounds like a bat, or a dull nothingness to me.

It's kinda satisfying though.

I guess I'll have to make a thwacky video on Friday as well.

I guess I'll have to make a thwacky video on Friday as well.

Is it warm there? Will you actually be able to swing?

We're supposed to warm back up here and I want to go get some numbers at the range with it when it does.

Is it warm there? Will you actually be able to swing?

We're supposed to warm back up here and I want to go get some numbers at the range with it when it does.

I go to the range in the mid 20s at the lowest (I won't go if I see it's below 25, lol), not advised but I have to get swings in often. It should be 50 on Friday and Sat though!

I agree with everything you just said, but I think we both know Taylormade is going to blow everyone away in driver sales this year. The buzz with this club was unreal months before it came out, and it hasn’t died down.
This is the club everyone wants to hit when they walk into a store down here.
100%. I don’t like it and I won’t buy it, but its one of the most hyped drivers I’ve seen. And to give them credit they were smart with marketing, the red face stands out on the tour and it is the driver that changed the most from the previous year imo. This thing is nothing like the SIM 2.

20220209_140513.jpg

The eagle has landed early.

1644434812180.jpeg1644434827053.jpeg

20220209_174313.jpg

On my way to hit a quick 40 ball basket.

Looking forward to you out-driving me by 50 yards with a 3w
50 yards? Am I going to have a sore shoulder or something? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It sounds fantastic, imo. Solid dense wooden thwack when hit center or close to it. Sounds a little metallic when hit off center/mishit, but not bad. I love the sound.

My conservative swings with this driver are better than going all out with everything I played the past few years.

There’s definitely something going on with swing speed here. I touched 116 today for an all time high. I’ve hit Stealth+ 10 separate times now and have new ball speed and swing speed highs. I don’t know what or why but I love it!

hitting this soft fade around 2600 is just too easy right now. I have the weight half between neutral and extreme toe side

D6578391-583D-4531-A0DC-C09639BEE3B2.jpeg

Last edited:
My conservative swings with this driver are better than going all out with everything I played the past few years.

There’s definitely something going on with swing speed here. I touched 116 today for an all time high. I’ve hit Stealth+ 10 separate times now and have now ball speeds and swing speed highs. I don’t know what or why but I love it!

hitting this soft fade around 2600 is just too easy right now. I have the weight half between neutral and extreme toe side

View attachment 9066109

I've seen a lot of ball speed PBs with this driver, there's some special sauce here...

Good day at the home course with the Stealth Plus. 12 of 13 fairways, distances were good... Had a couple misses, so the fairway number is probably even more impressive. I struggled early to get the flight and shape I was going for on a non-frozen day where I could actually stretch my arms a bit. Hard time syncing things up.

Saw something when I was cutting a video to upload and I think it showed my fight. Didn't want to worry about it then, but looked again, and on some others, and I am getting (and partly maybe reacting to what I'm getting) some significant toe down action on some. Way more than I'm used to. Downward deflection seems likely as I caught a still where l could see a little extra on another axis too. Not ready to freak out that the RDX Red 60 6.5 tipped an inch isn't going to work for me on course just yet, but need to dot it up and get some club data on it.

It did really well with the misses though. No big reactions and like I said, 12 fairways. Really starting to enjoy the sound of it and the distance consistency for me is good.

Last edited:
I continue hitting the crap out of the 8* and its been so forgiving. Making me rethink the MyStealth purchase since there was no 8* option and had to get 9*. Traditionally im not one who likes to deloft/open the face

So they're finishing building a trackman setup at a place here that I intend to spend a bunch of time at this spring. Here's a really boring (probably, but I'm practicing and hate editing anyway lol) video of me hitting the first couple Stealth Plus of the day. The range has kind of a mound, sightly uphill, I have no idea what these Mizuno balls are, I don't know how people are going to like that you're hitting into the prevailing winds, or how to export data on this old phone yet because I'm basically teaching them how to use some of this but I know that I can do this easy 167-ish all day long even when I'm hurting and place it about wherever I want. If that's a worst case scenario I'm all in. It's crazy consistent when I'm not trying to step on this shaft

Anyway, I like this thing. Excuse me while I go play with it.

So they're finishing building a trackman setup at a place here that I intend to spend a bunch of time at this spring. Here's a really boring (probably, but I'm practicing and hate editing anyway lol) video of me hitting the first couple Stealth Plus of the day. The range has kind of a mound, sightly uphill, I have no idea what these Mizuno balls are, I don't know how people are going to like that you're hitting into the prevailing winds, or how to export data on this old phone yet because I'm basically teaching them how to use some of this but I know that I can do this easy 167-ish all day long even when I'm hurting and place it about wherever I want. If that's a worst case scenario I'm all in. It's crazy consistent when I'm not trying to step on this shaft

Anyway, I like this thing. Excuse me while I go play with it.

Teach me the O&S ways of getting some consistency! Heading out in an hour to hit some balls (finally),wish I had access to a launch monitor consistently. I am itching to pick up a Mevo Plus or something around that $2k range since I need that data.

I am a bit surprised you are getting on so well with the RDX Red as well. I will report back on my Kai'li findings at the very least compared to Smoke Green and then eventually compared to 1K.

Teach me the O&S ways of getting some consistency! Heading out in an hour to hit some balls (finally),wish I had access to a launch monitor consistently. I am itching to pick up a Mevo Plus or something around that $2k range since I need that data.

I am a bit surprised you are getting on so well with the RDX Red as well. I will report back on my Kai'li findings at the very least compared to Smoke Green and then eventually compared to 1K.
Thought I replied to this already. I don't know what's with that lately.

Anyway, I wouldn't call the RDX Red a love affair just yet. Seeing some of the same things I saw yesterday when I get over 170 mph. Still in progress with it.

Thought I replied to this already. I don't know what's with that lately.

Anyway, I wouldn't call the RDX Red a love affair just yet. Seeing some of the same things I saw yesterday when I get over 170 mph. Still in progress with it.

Definitely something is how you are loading it when you are going faster then. I notice that I hit something like a Tensei Blue better when I'm swinging a little slower but when I am more warmed up something that is an overall stiffer profile like the 1K just performs better. Personally, the transition is getting more aggressive the higher my ball speed gets (not exactly intentional just a noticeable difference on a tempo timer).

Possibly something similar?

Definitely something is how you are loading it when you are going faster then. I notice that I hit something like a Tensei Blue better when I'm swinging a little slower but when I am more warmed up something that is an overall stiffer profile like the 1K just performs better. Personally, the transition is getting more aggressive the higher my ball speed gets (not exactly intentional just a noticeable difference on a tempo timer).

Possibly something similar?
Oh probably. It's a lot different profile than I played most of last year and I definitely work the shaft a little more when I'm trying to shape things at higher speeds. Going to be thorough with trying it though. Might grab a TX too. Tip it to swap between heads and use this one for eventual trade-in/resale.

Oh probably. It's a lot different profile than I played most of last year and I definitely work the shaft a little more when I'm trying to shape things at higher speeds. Going to be thorough with trying it though. Might grab a TX too. Tip it to swap between heads and use this one for eventual trade-in/resale.

I'd be curious to see if the stiffer TX helps you out. It helped me with the 1K pretty dramatically when I am over 120 mph consistently.

@OldandStiff and @nicklongdrive … Yeah I hear you. I know that when I start moving out of the 130’s ball speeds and up into the 140’s, it really starts playing havoc with how I work the shaft.

Man, you guys make me sick. 😂😇😂

@OldandStiff and @nicklongdrive … Yeah I hear you. I know that when I start moving out of the 130’s ball speeds and up into the 140’s, it really starts playing havoc with how I work the shaft.

Man, you guys make me sick. 😂😇😂
Shouldn't have cancelled your order. These problems could be yours! :p

You did, right? You said you were going to.

Back